Good Morning Wednesday

Marguerite

G'day people.

It's hotting up again here. husband, difficult child 3 & I went to the mall again today to finalise Christmas shopping (including food). difficult child 3 had spent all his money on himself the other day; today he was taking toys back so he could get money back and do what he should have done - buy gifts for people.

We managed to get out of there and home for a late lunch. Very tired - I still haven't got the stamina I think I have. But tonight I've been baking - mince pies and some cookie press biscuits for our friends at church. I've got three trays baked (biscuits). I should finish them off tomorrow.

So our shopping is done, much of our food prep is still to go, but we're finally moving towards a more sensible summer Christmas fare. Smoked salmon, salad... and then of course I'm still planning a glazed ham and double-rack of lamb with roast vegetables.

I'm about to get the last batch of biscuits out of the oven, then we will go home. Yes, I'm doing the baking at mother in law's place, she has a better oven. Besides, we're down here every night for dinner anyway.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

Good Morning Everyone:bloodshot::coffee:,

Marg, I'm glad difficult child 3 returned some of the things he bought for himself and purchased Christmas gifts instead. Your day would have been exhausting for anyone, lol... Christmas dinner at your house sounds delicious!!! I'm getting hungry just reading about it and I just finished breakfast, lol...

I've done most of my food shopping for Christmas too. Now, if I could just get everything to fit in the refrig... We're having prime rib and when I pick it up on the 24th, I'm really going to have to struggle to get into the refrig. difficult child 1 will be home soon which is a good thing because he is an expert packer!

Yesterday actually hit 40 degrees here - A regular heat wave! Lots of snow has melted, now mostly puddles. I'm hoping for just a little bit of the white stuff for atmosphere on Christmas Eve and then, maybe, just a bit more for New Year's Eve. After that, I'll be sending it all to Sharon (LDM), lol...

Hope everyone finds a few minutes for themselves during this really busy time of year... :santa: Have a good day!!! SFR

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning :xmasdancers:

Marg, sounds like you are just about ready! I've always had the "earlier the better" philosophy in regards to Holiday prep - the earlier I'm done, the more I can enjoy the season! Your menu sounds great!

SFR, I'll take it :blizzard:!!!!! We are in the 40's today and tomorrow which is a kinda heat wave as well! We are in line for a white Christmas night and day after! Will be the first time in like 17 years! I've got my fingers crossed they are right - but, given that the snow forecasts around here are iffy at best, I won't hold my breath - I'll just wait for you mailing............

My last "chore" for the holiday is the grocer today. I'm still finalizing the Christmas brunch menu...... easy child gets off at 11:30 this mooning and she and I are meeting for lunch and then are doing the holiday food shopping together - I'll have the menu done by then!!!!!!

Hope your day is a great one! :rudolph:

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-Good for you having difficult child take the toys back. I'm glad your weather is warming up! Sounds like you will be busy for a few days cooking up a storm!

SFR-Prime rib sounds delicious!!!!!!!!!!! It's one of my favorites and what I was going to make for Christmas dinner, now I think husband may just make his pizza-we decided too much stress around here to cook a big dinner.

Sharon-I'll gladly be sending you our snow after Christmas as well-we are definitely having a white Christmas here (which I love-it's just after that the snow can go away)! Enjoy lunch with easy child!

husband and I have been to boot camp and then we took a very ramped up difficult child to get his weekly blood draw. In addition, he did a fasting one this week so they can check for Type 2 Diabetes-he's gained so much weight that his pediatrician is worried. He only weighs 9 pounds less than me and is about 7 or 8 inches shorter.

After the blood draw we came home and I made scrambled eggs with mushrooms, red and green peppers-yum!

Lots of cleaning to do today as well as a bit of baking (both kids love Russian teacakes so I'll be making a batch or two of those).

Tonight my brother in law is coming into town with two of my nephews. We're a stop on their way to North Carolina as my nephew is considering school there next year.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!!