Good Morning (week of Oct 21st)

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Our new contractor may start as early as today if it rains. He has another job to finish but it is outdoor so he can get a start here today if the weather isn't favorable (with the understanding that he goes back the first clear day). I have painting and cleaning. Duckie has a volleyball game.

Speaking of Duckie, we gave her a little "test" last night to see if she can handle staying up the 10PM to watch "The Walking Dead". The test is that she wouldn't be miserable this morning. She failed.

Have a great day! :warrior:

C

Confused

tiredmommy, good luck with your contractor! At least you gave Duckie a chance, maybe when she gets older she can handle staying up late :)

LittleDudesMom

Good Tuesday Morning Friends,

*5 am rolled around really early this morning....I'm having a hard time getting the engine revved this morning!

Wishing everyone a day without incident.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Sharon-Hope your energy increases as the day goes on!

Chilly here this morning-only 30 degrees-way too early for this weather! After work today we have a meeting to go to with difficult child. It's his junior year so it's about what types of options there are for him after high school.

Wishing all a beautiful day!

LittleDudesMom

Good Middle-of-the-Week!

Sharon, it's chilly here - had a hood when I took the doggie out this morning - but not quite the 30's yet!

Hope everyone has an event-free day today.

*Sharon

Californiablonde

Good afternoon and happy hump day. I am pleased to say our weather has finally cooled off! It's time for me to ditch the flip flops (a lot of us wear them to work here in California, where we're super casual) and break out the winter boots. It's currently in the low sixties but sunny, which is perfect fall weather in my opinion. I am slow cooking a roast with potatoes and carrots in the crock pot for dinner tonight. I went to check on the roast on my lunch break and my house smells delicious. I can't wait for dinner time! I am so happy it's finally starting to feel like fall and I do believe we are done with the heat. Now if only halloween would hurry up and get here!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Thursday!

Sharon-You should have been here yesterday; we had our first flurries of the season (although I try to keep telling myself and others that it was just a figment of our imaginations)!

CB-Just laughing because here 60s means it is spring and time to pull out the flip flops!

No students at school today. We have professional development and it is never worth it! They present information in all of the ways they tell us not to teach the children. Argh! However, we do have the afternoon today and tomorrow for planning which is a very good thig.

Wishing all a peace-filled day!

Californiablonde

Good morning. I am a spoiled Southern California brat and low 60's is cold for me! In winter time it only drops down to the 50's but for me that's freezing. Of course it seems colder to us because we don't have big jackets, gloves, and hats here like all y'all do who get real winter weather with snow and all.

Sharon, next Friday is our non student day and this year they are offering work shops for all of the classified staff. I am taking one on autism and I can't wait. The teachers are going to be stuck at the school going over lesson plans with the principal. I don't envy them, exept the district is providing a big breakfast for all of them which I'll be missing, but I'm okay with that. I'd much rather be at my workshop than at the school with no students. Boring! I hope everyone has a great day. The weekend is almost here. Yayyy!

LittleDudesMom

Happy Free Choice Friday!!!!!

Ok, I broke down and turned on the gas fire in the family room -- not heat yet as I want to get the furnace cleaned and it's scheduled for next week. It's nice and toasty! My little wiener dog has not even requested to go outside yet -- he got up with me, came running down the stairs and hopped right up onto the sofa under his blanket....
:frostbite:

Wishing everyone a great end to the week.

Sharon

greenrene

OK I'll join in.

Having lived for my entire life up until 4 years ago in places that actually get winter weather, I do have to laugh at people here in central FL who start breaking out the boots and coats when temps get below 70! I wear flip flops year round, my kids wear shorts to school year round (there may be a couple of days where they need long pants and/or a sweatshirt, but not many), and I LOVE IT. I was born to be Floridian. It just took 30-something years to get here.

difficult child is here visiting from her TBS this week. She's been ok, no major drama, but holy moly I can't wait for her to go back! husband is taking her and my two older boys on an overnight trip to a theme park - they left about an hour ago. It's just me and the baby now, and I can finally decompress. Having her here stresses me out at times. Must be PTSD.

husband is actually considering a boarding school for difficult child for after she completes the TBS program (which will probably be next summer sometime). I hope hope hope that ends up happening. The dynamic in our home is so much better when she's not here.

I guess that officially makes me the evil stepmom.