Good morning world

vchaffin

Its always the samething every morning. watching gulla gulla island. the show went off air a long time ago so all they are is reruns and thank god for a dvr bc thats all my daughter wants to watch. It use to be dora non stop now its this. think i could handle dora better least they have new episodes. She gets in a melt down if my son wants to watch something other than the polliwog.Thats a promise fight and melt down.Well off to start a new day!

T

TeDo

I am so jealous you get to watch Gulla Gulla. I loved that show when I would watch it with my kids. I wish stations around here would carry it.

HOT day here again although not as bas as last week but too hot for me. Not much on the agenda today. Kids have things going on (that don't involve me in ANY way :)). I need to get to the library. difficult child's social worker recommended I read a book called "House Rules". It has something to do with Asperger's so I want to look for that. Otherwise, I don't plan on doing much of anything. Yeah Me!!

vchaffin

I liked the show, it teaches kids alot plus gets their attention its just reruns uhhh. they should have continued with the show. yea has been hot here to and ive gotten my fair share. Cuttin grass and sweating like a stuffed pig. Probably stay in and do more house work as usual, laundry and dishes is never ending with 3 kids. Need to be doing school shoppin soon but dreading that. Everything costs so much and the prices get up there if its somethin they know you have to have it.

Malika

Never heard of Gulla Gulla :)
Hot here in Marrakesh too, though not as bad as last summer... Staying in a friend's empty flat, half-working on a translation, J away with the family. I am worrying about him, of course, hoping he is happy playing with his cousins, hoping that he is not missing me and crying for me a lot. Spent the morning with an old Moroccan friend and her kids (friends of J's) - both adopted, both easy child's.
Next week I travel alone to the UK where I have teaching work for three weeks. That will feel even stranger. :)

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning ladies,
The kids shows and movies are eternally etched in my brain. I probably can do "movie speak" with the dialogue. I watched so much of it with them.
I got back home last night from my mom's estate sale. It was sad but hot, exhausting work. Really strange to shut her phone off. All these endings really bring home the finality of death.
Still it's nice to be in my own home and be one step closer to being done with all the "junk" to closing up a house.