Good Morning!

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Friends!

Both difficult child and were up before 5 this morning! I've already had two cups of coffee and fixed difficult child some bacon! Not sure why we both were up, but I needed to be in today at 7 so it works out perfect. I have a feeling difficult child will be going back to bed when I leave for work!

I'm going in early this morning because I need to leave at 11:30. A new cleaning crew is starting at my house today. Now, I keep a pretty clean and organized house, that's just me. But it is a pretty good size old house - when the guy called me back to give me a price, he said he would have five people working for about 4.5 hours this first time!!!!! Dang.....is my house that dirty?

Then bonehead says to me as I get off the phone with the guy (this guy went to highschool with bonehead and does most of our move-out cleanings) "You do know he will clean all your windows and.." "STOP", I say. "Windows, he does windows?"

I am so thrilled. It's been about 4 years since I've had a crew here. Wanted to get the house whipped in shape for my company this week and next week. Maybe I can find some money in the budget to have this guy come in once a month.........

Hey, hope your day is a good one!

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day for Thursday.

Sharon/LDM, sounds like you've got a really top cleaning crew to do the job. I hope it lives up to its promise.

We've had a quiet day here today, I got a lot of work done. Tomorrow will be busier - difficult child 3 has his first official driving lesson with a driving school, then after that he has another practice job interview. It's the last day of school term tomorrow, but he will need to keep working through the two week break.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

Good Morning Everyone,

Sharon (LDM), When the cleaning crew is finished at your house, please send them my way, lol...! Right about now, I feel like I've done enough cleaning to last a lifetime... Hope they do an excellent job!

Marg, Glad you finally had a quiet day and were able to get lots done. Hope difficult child 3 does well on his practice job interview and enjoys his first official driving lesson. I bet he is a very good driver already!

My "favorite sanity saver" had me up really early but because husband's side of the bed was empty, she was glad to take over his spot. I got an extra hour of zzz's... Much needed! Lots of running around to do today plus a much needed haircut.

Hope everyone has a great day! SFR

Andy

Good Morning All!

LDM - A cleaning crew sounds wonderful!

Marg - Good luck to difficult child on his first driving lesson! So exciting for the kids when they are old enough to start learning to drive.

It is hot here today. difficult child went to a sleepover last night. The history of these sleepovers is no sleep. However, he has not answered a text I sent a few minutes ago so I am hoping that meant the boys fell asleep. Last weekend one of the boys was here because his mom would not allow him to stay up all night at their house (not sure why - I am guessing the step kids may have been over?). Anyway, I hope he is sleeping and that his phone didn't stop working.

I just about have everything wrapped up at work for the State shutdown. Only have one frustration of central office not having a certain work order done for me to get the contractor's signature and but back in the mail before leaving this afternoon. I am sure this particular contractor will want to take the time to read through the work order (as they should) so we are in a time constraint. Annual Plans and Work Orders were out extremely late this year! Oh well, all I can do is my best.

I hate the not knowing of the shutdown. husband and I are very certain that it will happen but until there is official word, life goes on as normal. That not knowing until the last moment is so hard. We can't make any plans for next week until we know if we have jobs or not.

My supervisor was very kind regarding vacation leave. I asked him about what would happen if we shutdown for a week and was called back into work on July 11th. I told him difficult child has doctor appointments on Friday, July 8th and then we are in the cities for bowling camp the week of July 11th. I really can't rearrange that. He told me that he has already approved those leaves and it wasn't my fault that the State is doing this. He would not rescind his decision but may call me regarding questions on my position. That is a huge relief! Now let's hope a miracle opens today to prevent a shutdown but it is not looking good.

difficult child volunteered the last two days at our dog kennel. He really enjoys helping with the dogs and was even allowed to help groom Diva Puppy! It is a good Summer for him.

Everyone have a great day today!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends!!

Sharon-Up b4 five-good for you! I would love a cleaning crew, especially one that does windows!!!!!

Marg-I hope difficult child does great on his first lesson with a school!

SFR-Enjoy your day and your hair cut:)

In a bit we are taking easy child/difficult child to summer school and then dropping off our Ella at the kennel before we take difficult child for his psychiatrist appointment. After that it's home to pack quick and then pick up easy child/difficult child up from summer school and we are heading to Michigan for the weekend. My sister in law is having a party this weekend so we should get to see lots of family, plus a lot of husband's friends are in town and we're celebrating them all turning 50 this year. father in law just went into the hospital last night but we are hoping it will be short term-either way we should get to visit with mother in law and father in law.

Wishing everyone a great holiday weekend!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Andy-You were typing the same time as me! I hope difficult child fell asleep and won't be crabby later in the day:) Crossing my fingers all goes well with you and your husband regarding the job situations. I would hate the not knowing too. Good for difficult child volunteering at the kennel!!