Good News and Hope ...for Today

Yesterday the thick envelope from the local University arrived in the mail for difficult child. I handed him the envelope and he jumped up and opened the envelope with slightly trembling hands....

He has been accepted in the Computer Science program! difficult child never shows much excitement, but I could tell that he was happy. He whistled all evening long... between him and his Cockatiel Whistler we had plenty of music! It's funny , but difficult child's cockatiel always mirrors difficult child's moods - the good, the bad, and the ugly :)

Now, if we can just keep difficult child on track with his grades for the rest of the year and strategize for the upcoming first year of academic freedom - because the training wheels will be gone. But for today, we are all estatic!!!

After all, tommorrow is another day.

klmno

Wow!! Congratualtions!! He deserves many pats on the back for a job well done- it's so nice to hear about something working out and difficult child getting on a path of success!!

Way To Go difficult child & you too Mom!!

B

butterflydreams

Congratulations! This is wonderful! Hopefully it will give difficult child the incentive to do well the rest of the year.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh, how EXCITING! Even if he doesn't show it much, he must be over the moon about this! I hope he holds it together for the rest of the year.

B

bran155

Congrats!!! That is fantastic. You must be so proud. College - WOW - that really is wonderful!!! Keeping my fingers crossed everything goes smoothly. :)

Ropefree

Banned
Woo woo! Yes! That is what I am talking about! You knew he could do it,too, didn't you MOM. Wow.
Let that parental joy just settle into all the parents so that they are uplifted and motivated to hold steady and stay the course.
It pays off. The winners the winners...woowoo. Good job family !

Fran

Former desparate mom
Excellent!!!!
How wonderful for one of "our" own. It makes me feel so hopeful when a difficult child does so well.