Good news for a change

Kathy813

Staff member
I thought we could use a good thread on the SA forum for a change.

My difficult child was hired on the spot this morning as a full time receptionist for a hair salon. She is still in a halfway house and participating in IOP. The director of the halfway house took her to the interview and she called us on the way home. The director got on the phone and told husband that difficult child knew that she was expected to be totally financially independent now that she has a job and cannot rely on us anymore. Hooray!

The director said that they will let difficult child pay rent on a sliding scale and help her with budgeting.

Please keep your fingers crossed that this works out for her and she sticks with it.

~Kathy

lovemysons

You got it Kathy! I'm so glad she's moving in a positive direction again. And...It sounds like the director of the halfway house really cares about difficult child. That's great!

Hugs,
LMS

Kathy813

Staff member
Wendy, I'm not sure you should base any hope on my difficult child. I know that you are new so you don't know our long history with her. Let's just say I am taking it one day at a time and keeping a cautious distance.

You are right, though. We should always remain hopeful even if that is very hard to remember sometimes. Tomorrow is my difficult child's 29th birthday. Every year I say . . . maybe this will be the year she becomes sober and starts in a new direction. That would be the best birthday present ever.

~Kathy

Childofmine

one day at a time
Getting older is a good thing with many difficult children. Time is our friend. If they can stay alive through the worst of times, many of them can, by the grace of God, come around in time.

That is my hope for my son. Time.

Cheers for your daughter and for YOU! Enjoy the peace. Revel in it.

DammitJanet

Hey great news! So difficult child is 28 or 29 now? Jamie and Cory turn 30 and 28 respectively in July. I cant believe I have been here since Cory was 12!

Kathy813

Staff member
I am really angry with my difficult child. We sent her a box for her birthday with two tops that I bought at Walmart and a $50 gift card for Marshalls/TJ Max since she keeps saying that she doesn't have any clothes that fit as she has gained weight.

She called husband last night after she got the box and complained that she was hoping for a better present.

difficult child is just an entitled brat. I guess she doesn't consider the $1000 a month we have been paying for rent and food as a gift.

I'm glad that she is 700 miles away. I think if I saw her right now I would smack her.

~Kathy