Good news---just at the right time

everywoman

With the economy like it is, I have been trying to scale back some. I canceled my extra cable stuff and have been working to pare down other household expenses.

I carry the family cell plan---it's just cheaper to have all phones on one bill. The carrier I have been with for 8 years was recently bought out by T-mobile. I went online to pay my bill and I have a credit, after this month's bill of $151.00. I have been paying more than $300 a month since I got easy child and difficult child's phones 4 years ago. I also pay gfgbiomom's bill---because she lives alone and often goes out at night by herself. And I cover husband's phone as well. So I have 5 phones. I didn't mind---they are all unlimited with unlimited texts and messages and free long distance---so I closed my land line and got used to paying to big bill. easy child got a blackberry this past summer and we added the internet to hers. So....my bill was around $320 a month. Well, with T-mobile it will only be about $200. That means this month I have no bill and next month it will only be about $50.

I am doing a happy dance right now. I can use that money to pay off my one credit card!!! Yeah for me.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow! That's great!! :D :D Good for you!

We scaled back to the economy package for satellite last year. Irked husband, but he's gotten over it. lol husband and the kids use prepaid cells as they're only used mostly for emergencies. They even got the kind with rollover mins.

Andy

Good job!!! Love to save money!

We dropped the long distance on our home phone several years ago. We hardly ever make long distance calls so would use phone cards for that until the wonderful world of cell phones came to be. So now we use our cell phone to make long distance calls.

So, what are other areas you have cut back to save? I need some ideas besides not telling easy child when I go shopping (her grocery cart just for her was over $100.00 YIKES! "Mom, you never take me shopping!" "DUH! Gee, I wonder why?"). I told her she needs to think poor - we are now poor - that means no money and no borrowing! She is good at watching the costs of a lot of things though. I love to hear how she budgets her money - what a good balancer she is!

We do not subscribe to any newspaper. I have given up subscribing to magazines also.

DammitJanet

Ahhhhh EW ..... I know who your cell company was...lol. Mine too. Only my plan stayed the same because I actually was on a cheaper plan and came out better to keep my plan than moving over to a Tmobile plan. I have 1500 anytime minutes, nights and weekends and unlimited incoming plus mobile to mobile. My biggest drain is my incoming calls.

Hey...we can call each other!