***Good news thread***

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Way to go Stands. :) I know that sort of thing (someone looking over my shoulder) would make me nervous and self conscious.

We had beautiful weather too. Storms tonight though.

After husband had his heart attack, my perspective on lots of things changed. Although I didn't "talk" about this here, prior to his heart attack, our relationship had been very rocky - The two main sources of friction were difficult child issues and our worsening financial situation. We took each other for granted - We no longer respected each other or wanted to spend time together. We were headed downhill quickly!!!

The day husband had his heart attack, my world changed permanently. difficult child issues and financial issues just didn't seem to matter as much. I just prayed that husband would survive and get better...

My prayers were answered - It has been over a month and husband is gradually improving. He is taking much better care of himself physically and emotionally. While I'm still worried about his health, he is slowly gaining strength and energy. He is feeling much better.

It is sad that it took such a tragic event for us to realize how much we still mean to each other. We are working hard to get our relationship back to where it used to be. The bottom line is that we still love each other deeply in spite of the chaos we're living through. I honestly think we're going to make it.

husband is still here. I'm grateful every minute of every day that he is still in our lives. This is the best news ever!!! WFEN

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
WFEN that is wonderful news. Sometimes it takes a major tragedy to open our eyes to what is most important to us. Sad but true. We can get so caught up in the day to day that we lose perspective.

I'm glad for both you and husband. :)

N

Nomad

multiple things coming to mind...
1. husband seeing how he might have a tendency to enable difficult child. He is letting that go more and more.
difficult child is learning, feels nutured, but is slowing growing. husband doesn't want to enable.
2. difficult child went to visit a friend for a week recently in a nearby city. It was a good thing overall.
3. difficult child learning (a little here and there) from past mistakes. This is a big thing.
4. I'm moving forward, etc...not into berrating myself or overly concerned about what others think
5. We have learned not to be quick to judge others. Having a difficult child has taught us this. Appeararences are deceiving. I've learned to control my thoughts, actions and behaviors. I've learned to put one foot in front of the other and to go forward...
6. Gotta get going!!!!

Andy

Diva stated that she is working on a plan of what she wants to do with her life. She is going to talk to her high school art teacher about photography. She has always been interested in photography and took several years of independent classes.

We are at the beach. It is so wondorful to walk the bach and it is just husband and I. The pool is heated: I love swimming. My son is 18 an ddoing is thing: acutally 2 weekends in arow we have had getways. We enjoyed Leu Gardens in Orlando and went to Cafe Tu TU Tango last weekend. I swam then too.
It is spring break and I am enjoying the break from facilitating son's classes and taking a much needed break.
I have been taking good care of me and and at both my accupuncture and chiro appts, my practioners commented on how great I am doing.

I am exploring new things with difficult child. We will explore a park we have never been to this Sat., and an outdoor mall , we have never been to, and a Chinese restant we have never been to.
difficult child is much, much, much more stable. I was able to set up a private nerurpsych appointment.
The Nami paret to paret classes are fantatic.
I hav ebeen writng, for me.
I have been reading a lot of stuff that I enjoy: history stuff.
We ate at a cool Greek kplace at the beach yeaaterday and went to a retro dairly triwl place.
I have dound the best shells ever.
My son, 18 went to Bike Week at daytona Beach by himself and he had a grat adventrue.
My son has been visting difficult child on nearly every visting time.
The strwberries have been luscious.
The azaselas are beautiful, the dogwoods gorgeousa nd soem camelliaas werr still out.
It has been 5 weeks since difficult child has beenin Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and so that many weekends that I know she is sage and she is getting much more stabilzied on medications.
Compassion

A few more: I joined facebook also: it is my 50 somethng and 60 someting friends: I love it!!!!
12,000 troops are being withewn from iraq by Sept.
I am still on a volunteer committee I have been doing since Nov. 2006. I am helping put on a staewide recovery event. I am program chair and will belooking for a speaker. I have been helping edit the website as teh webmaster is a non-native speaker.
I am dodng my fifth 4th step in my Al-Anon program and sharingit with someone online. I am leading meetings online.
I loved going to 2 Al-Anon meetings in a diffrent area. I enjoy my weekly meeting.
My cleaners have been reliable and consistent since the holidays.
I hav ebeen enjoying ht ebreak from competive sports.
My son is growing more and more in to quite the young man.
Daughter is soundn gmore herself every day.
I have been enjoying Obama in the White House.
Compassion