Good News

N

nandz

I am so happy to report that we had a fantastic day today!!! Daycare said no issues at all and he has never had a day like that before with zero issues. I'm so happy! He didn't even have to sit in time out today and didn't sass me or get nasty with me or have any tantrums. I know it's only one day, but I am so happy for the small baby steps :) :) :)

Me, 33, ADHD/Anxiety Disorder
difficult child, 5, ADHD/ODD

Marguerite

Baby steps. But it's also early days with the medications, and as I said in your other thread, when you introduce any change, even a good one, it takes time to adapt to it.

If at any time and for any reason you stop those medications, you will have the same problem in reverse. As time goes on and he learns the different 'feel' to himself, he will adapt faster. The brighter he is, again the faster he will adapt. Also watch out for any time he's getting sick or coming down with a cold. We used to find tat as he was coming down with something, in that apparently symptom-free period, his behaviour would be horrible. But when he was actually sick, and stable with it, his behaviour would actually be really good. Then bad again, as his body changed during recovery.

It was the period of unexpected and unpredictable change in himself and his inability to know what to expect in terms of his own ability to cope, that was when we had most troubles.

Marg

busywend

That is wonderful! Always enjoy those proud moments. It gives us a glimpse into the child we know is inside all the time, we just don't get to see them that often.