Good news!

ksm

Difficult Child got a call from Lonestar Restaurant in our town and they offered her a hostess job! She goes in this Tuesday at 4pm. They said she would probably work 15 to 20 hours a week, with most the hours on the weekend. Now she can start paying for all the expenses involving the dog, that she bought "for a friend" that is now staying at the aunts, after the "friend" could no longer keep it. Long story... Difficult Child wanted a dog, and I wanted her to have her own place before getting one. Because I don't want a dog in the house. Now she owes aunt for the vet and vaccination fees, dog food, the remote it chewed up, the banister it chewed up, puppy obedience classes, and now needs to be spayed.

She won't have any spending money from this job for a long time! She did get $250. Total in Christmas money... But didn't spend one dime on the dog... But got fake nails done, hair dyed, and spent money on friends.

But hey!!! She got a job!!! She is friendly and outgoing, so I am hoping this is a good fit. KSM

ksm

Yes, and when she is constructively busy, the quality of life for the rest of us improves. I just hope she makes it past the 90 day mark... On her last two jobs, she got too frustrated with the schedule, or coworkers, and she either called in sick or complained too much... KSM

New Leaf

I just hope she makes it past the 90 day mark... On her last two jobs, she got too frustrated with the schedule, or coworkers, and she either called in sick or complained too much... KSM
Be cautiously optimistic. Think of the best but be ready for plan "B". Which is "B" on your guard, for whatever the future holds.
With all of the love and time you have given your daughter,it is hard not to be heavily vested with her choices, but the choices she makes are all on her.
She is almost at the age, considered an adult.
You have done a magnificent job parenting her, in spite of all her challenges. She will make mistakes, but they are her own and she will have to learn from them, or not.
Fingers and toes crossed that she will be successful at this job, and that everyday, you find time for you, to strengthen and uplift yourself, for whatever your future holds.
I am amazed at your tenacity, Ksm.
Keep going one day at a time and make sure to take time for YOU!

(((HUGS)))
leafy

ksm

Thanks, Leafy... PlanB is to go ahead and apply for SSI as her psychologist and the FASD screening clinic suggested. We have an appointment next month. KSM

New Leaf

Thanks, Leafy... PlanB is to go ahead and apply for SSI as her psychologist and the FASD screening clinic suggested. We have an appointment next month. KSM
You are amazing sister, climbing up that mountain one hand and foothold at a time.
Your girls are truly blessed to have you as their champion!
(((HUGS)))
leafy

AppleCori

Yey! about the new job!

A hostess job will be fun. I hope she enjoys it and sticks with it.

Is she committed to finishing high school even after she turns 18?

I hope she is not like my daughter who revels in obtaining jobs rather easily but cannot keep them: well she did keep one for 6 months, quit that nearly a year ago. She likes the "high" of being chosen for a job and then quickly the tediousness and authority issues kick in. My daughter will be 23 in April:it is a long process. My daughter gets SSI and you can still work.