Good "No Meltdown Monday" Morning!!

LittleDudesMom

:snowangel: Good Monday Morning Friends!!!!!

See that little snow angel man up there???? Are you ready???? They are calling for some snow and ice tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, they are only calling for about an inch of snow followed by some ice but darn - it's the first time this winter it's been seriously in the forecast!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!!

Going to head to the gym in about 20 minutes for my water fitness class. easy child is off today so the teachers can prepare grades - she is going to help me go to the tech center and run all the copies of things I need for the book fair at difficult child's school. Then we are going to rearrange the family room!

I hope your Monday is a pleasant one! Make sure your difficult child gets the word about the No Meltdown part of the day!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-I am thinking snowy thoughts for you. :snowing::snowangel: I even hope you get any snow that would usually fall here for the rest of the winter because I have had enough and am willing to share!!;) Enjoy your day with easy child!

I have not had the best night of sleep. I am not sure why but I keep waking up and then I do fall back asleep but I still feel very tired.

After work today husband is taking easy child to her psychiatrist appointment. I will just bring difficult child home. I'm glad he is taking her because tomorrow after school we have a staffing and then I have to go with difficult child to the sleep clinic for the night where they will fit him for his cpap mask and figure out how much air he needs. Maybe husband and I will actually go to the club tonight but we'll see. We did make it there both Saturday and Sunday so that is good!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:kisses:

K

Kjs

Morning

Sharon - hope you get the snow you are hoping for. I just can't imagine anyone wanting snow. Enjoy the gym.

There is no school here either. Quarter end. It is easy child's golden Birthday today. 26 on the 26th. We went to dinner yesterday, everyone works today.

Working alone tonight/this morning. Partner is sick..again. He has used 40 of his 60 sick hours already this year. Normal for him. However, I haven't been feeling well and actually thought maybe if I didn't feel any better I would leave a little early.

Have a good day

K

Kjs

sharon - missed you. Hope things go well with difficult child and the cpap machine. Have a great day.

Marguerite

G'day for Australia Day!!! It's like 4th July for you people in the US.

Sharon/LDM, I hope you get the snow you're craving. At least as long as it holds off until AFTER your swimming class!

Sharon/WO, I hope you manage to get some sleep in there. Enjoy your (possible) time with husband, and I hope that the CPAP mask etc works out for difficult child and the sleep apnoea can be sorted.

Kjs, I hope you feel better soon.

I asked difficult child 3 this morning what he wanted to do for his birthday - he wanted to go to the Science Centre, which is about an hour's drive away for us in Wollongong. Think about it - it's the sort of place schools go for school excursions. A lovely summer's day, and difficult child 3 wants to go to what is basically a technology museum!

Unfortunately, husband & I had both started a couple of tasks that couldn't be left, so we were a bit delayed before we could go. husband was defrosting the fridge while I was following up on making some special pizza rolls (using the bread machine). I got half the rolls baked and left the other half to rise slowly while we went for our outing.
By the time we got home, it was time to put the roast on for dinner so I put the second batch of pizza rolls in too. Then I began my third loaf of bread for the day, but I just discovered I forgot to put the yeast in! And I'd made raisin bread, specially for difficult child 3, and I've basically wasted all those ingredients, because I didn't discover my mistake until the baking cycle was almost finished. I'll have to let it cool down and try again tomorrow. Blast!

Still, tomorrow is the official first day of the new school year for us. Technically only teachers go back tomorrow, but I've told difficult child 3 that he goes back tomorrow too. The advantage of schooling at home - he won't know if he's the only kid working. I know it sounds mean, but he has a lot of catch-up work to do and the sooner he starts the better. I AM being generous to him though - I use an incentive system to encourage him to work hard, holidays and weekends have a different credit rate for the incentive and tomorrow is holiday rate, I've told him. So if he does realise that he's the only kid doing schoolwork tomorrow, I'll remind him that he's getting double credits.

Plus we always have the option of taking our lunch break at the beach! And tomorrow, there will be no holiday crowds! Today was a shocker - the village was parked out. Because we live on the edge of a national park, and today all public parks had free entry, we were overloaded with tourists. We were thankfully driving in the opposite direction, but even after we got home there were still cars everywhere. Trying to buy milk at the corner store was tricky. Not only was parking still a problem, but the store was almost sold out of everything. Local cafes had shut early, they had sold out of everything too.

So tomorrow we will be glad of some peace and quiet. Later in the week, even more so (because all the other kids will be in class by then).

Today wasn't too hot - same as yesterday, 25 C (77 F). But so humid that when the evening sea breeze blew in and cooled the overloaded humidity, things condensed into a damp mist. Tomorrow will be maybe the same but perhaps damper, at least I hope so. We need the relief from the heat and the drought.

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon (ldm), I just don't have it in me to encourage snow anywhere ~ this winter has been to long too snowy. If I keep my fingers crossed for you to have snow it will happen here too. Sorry, my friend. ;):D

Sharon (with-o), sounds like another busy week ahead for you. Have you been to your doctor about your fatigue? You sound run down.

kjs, happy birthday to easy child. Sorry to hear partner is leaving so much on your plate.

Marg, you have such an good handle on difficult child 3 & what motivates him. Hope you get your swim in today.

It's a bitter 9 below zero this morning. My heating bills this past 2 months have been brutal.

kt heads back to school this morning. She chose her "outfit" of the day last night & is pumped to get back.

I have a grocery delivery this morning - bills to pay & some correspondence to finish. That plus staying warm is all that is on my agenda today.

Have a good Monday.

Janna

Good morning, ladies,

Sharon, have fun redecorating with easy child! She sounds like fun to have around.

Sharon/W.O., hope things go smooth with difficult child and you're able to get some rest.

Kjs, I'm sorry to hear you and your partner aren't feeling well. Take some "me" time and get some rest if you can.

Marg, I love the way you deal with difficult child 3. You are definately a super mom. Enjoy the beach, soak up some rays for me!

Linda, hope kt's return is a good one. Stay warm today.

Not much on my agenda, either. Some light cleaning (living with 4 men, the bathrooms are like, eew all the time LOL) and my 3 mile walk. I do my walks in home (I saw someone mention the other day about it being cold, I don't do cold LOL) on DVD, it's more aerobic walking. I love it, it's helped me drop 60 pounds!

Hope everyone enjoys their day.

susiestar

Roll With It
Sharon - I hope you enjoyed your water fitness class. I hope things go smoothly in your preparations for the book fair. Remember to lift with your legs, not your back when rearranging the furniture!

Sharon - I guess you are "Wiped Out", esp with all those appts and then the sleep clinic coming up. I hope the appts are fruitful. I also hope difficult child doesn't fight the CPAP mask too much.

Kjs - I hope you feel better soon. WOW! 26 on the 26th is pretty cool. Way To Go MOM - we know you did all the hard work on his birthday!! (Just kidding, though my dad used to get my mom a gift on each of our bdays, saying she did all the work.). Take off early if you need to. Tell easy child I said "Happy Birthday!"

Marg - Wow, that is a LOT of baking. Glad husband will defrost the freezer, it is a chore I hate! Tell difficult child 3 that I said "Happy Birthday!" to him! I hope you get to enjoy the day for a little bit with no interruptions.

Linda - I am glad kt is going back to school today. Tell her I said to have a Great Day! Your weather sounds terrible - and my husband was just complaining because the house was 55 degrees! Don't overwhelm yourself with correspondence. It can be quite a task. Stay warm!

Good Morning to any who snuck in while I was typing this!

I am working on clearing out the VHS tapes we no longer need. Not getting rid of all of them, but I have no one who wants to watch Barney or Blues Clues, and someone on freecycle wants VHS tapes for her daughter. I should have a BUNCH, but need to let my bro have first pick at them maybe.

I also have to go to the store to get a few things, and to Hobby Lobby to get some specialized threads for Jessie's mermaid.. I am hoping my car cooperates - it has been very cranky lately about starting.

I also have to call the docs about getting Jessie a referral to a pediatrician rheumatologist. She is in pain too often for this to be ignored.

So it will be a busy busy day.

Have a good day everyone!