Good No Meltdown Monday Morning!!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:bigsmile: Good No Meltdown Monday Morning!

Wow, this morning came really fast!!!!

Monday means errands, housework, and catching up from the weekend - as usual!

We hit 60 degrees yesterday :hot: but are forecast for a little snow and ice on Thursday :blizzard:. Spring has sprung in central virginia....

Wishing everyone a great Monday - make sure your difficult child gets the no meltdown message.....

Sharon

Rabbit

Good Morning Friends>Hope everyone is well and has a good day. Sharon I wish it was 60 here.
I hope Spring comes here soon. Hugs Rabbit

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, don't overdo it with the workload today. Enjoy the warmer weather.

Well, I managed to get to the beach and have a bit of a swim today. I didn't actually swim much, the surf was a bit too rough. But the water was warm and I enjoyed just bobbing about for a while. I'm not strong enough to manage in strong surf, art this little beach I know it well, so I time my 'escape' from the water to an incoming wave and let it help me out. The rip was fairly strong today so the sand underfoot underwater was very uneven. There were about five other people there today - that's crowded, for us.

I estimate I had over an hour there, in the strongest sun of the day. I'm not burnt, but I can feel a mild glow. Very mild. The exact amount of sun I wanted.

Tonight - I have to share this with you! One of our favourite TV shows here is "Good News Week" hosted by Paul McDermott. It's a combination game show with a political theme, and satire. Very biting, very effective. Well, tonight they had a guest appearance by - Kevin Rudd, our Prime Minister! It would be like having Barack Obama on Celebrity Squares hosted by Letterman!

One of the first questions McDermott asked our PM was whether he was driving the truck that almost hit Tony Abbott (Rudd's political opponent) last week.

Wonderful stuff. There was also some discussion on PM Rudd's meeting with President Obama.

I'll keep you all posted if/when a link comes up.

I can't wait for it to be available on YouTube - just a matter of time...

Until then - enjoy your Monday. Tomorrow difficult child 3 has an appointment to sort out his disability pension application. We'll be out all day, so we'll have to get our shopping done and maybe find somewhere cool and quiet (library?) to get some schoolwork done.

Marg

Marguerite

Rabbit, you snuck in on me. Spring will be there soon. We're almost done with the warm weather here. Just warming it up for you...

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Sharon-Your weather sounds beautiful!!! Enjoy your day and find some fun "me" time in there somewhere.

Rabbit-I'm with you in that I hope spring comes very soon! Enjoy your day.

Marg-So glad you made it to the beach today! Wish I could sneak off somewhere warm right now! The show sounds like a fun one!

They canceled our winter storm watch to an advisory and have now canceled that! We do have some snow out there so hopefully it won't be too difficult a dreive to work.

No appts after work today! I plan on driving home and then heading to the club for a workout

Wishing everyone a peaceful weekend:peaceful:

Marguerite

Good News Week is available as a podcast.

Here is their home page.

http://ten.com.au/good-news-week.htm

Our Fearless Leader was on tonight's episode (22 February 2010). It finished only five minutes ago (check the time stamp of this post). It may still be up already.

Warning - some of the humour may be very Australian.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Morning all,

Sharon, have to tell you I'm a bit jealous of those spring time temps.

Rabbit, this too shall pass ~ spring will be here soon.

Marg, I'm glad you got your daily sun in ~ the swim sounds wonderful.

Sharon, our snow petered out as well. It's been a long time since I've seen no appts after school - enjoy your workout.

My day is filled with bills, paperwork & tax returns. I seem to have lost last year's tax file on my computer & have been haphazardly searching every machine in the house.

kt is up & protesting school; something went on Friday & she's not talking.

Have a good one.

Marg's Man

Good News Week is available as a podcast.
Here is their home page.
http://ten.com.au/good-news-week.htm
Our Fearless Leader was on tonight's episode (22 February 2010). It finished only five minutes ago (check the time stamp of this post). It may still be up already.
Warning - some of the humour may be very Australian.
Marg
Here's a better link because it takes you directly to the Kevin Rudd segment
http://ten.com.au/video-player.htm?channel=GNW+CUTV&clipId=1427_gnw304-seg4-220210

It may not work because it may be blocked to users from outside Australia but I don't think it will be.

I'll endorse Marg's warning about it being very Australian humour but it IS what was on free to air live television

Marg's Man