Good No Meltdown Monday Morning!!

LittleDudesMom

:windy: Well, it's not so much windy as it is rainy, rainy, rainy. Temps only up to 60 today and rain expected every day but one this week - but we could use a good amount in our water table for the coming summer!

Good Monday morning all! Monday means entering bills, some laundry, some housekeeping......

Hope your Monday is a good one and that the difficult children in your life remember our Monday motto!

Sharon ;)

Rabbit

Good Morning All! Hope everyone has a GREAT day! I did damage to my leg last night and will have to have x rays.
I tripped over a toy! UGH!
Sharon - Stay dry and have a GREAT day!
Hugs Rabbit

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-I think you have our rainy weather from last week although you will be warmer than we were-have that umbrella ready;)

Rabbit-I hope everything is o.k. with your leg!

This morning i will take difficult child to the psychiatric hospital. We were going to tell him last night but he never woke up from the time we got him home at respite around 4:30-he is still sleeping-very odd.

I'll go to work this afternoon-should be nice-it's our teacher appreciation luncheon and the parents always do such a nice job with it.

Today after work I am bound and determined to get to the health club-never made it yesterday plus I ate way too much. I made a rhubarb bread and it was delicious-unfortunately I had more than my share of it.

We also had our first watermelon of the season yesterday-yummmmmmm!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Good Morning Everyone,

Sharon (LDM), I hope you get all of your Monday chores finished as quickly and painlessly as possible. Looking on the bright side, a rainy, cool day is perfect for this - You don't have to spend a beautiful sunny day indoors.

Rabbit, So sorry to hear about your leg. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you didn't injure it too badly... hugs...

Today is going to be a bright, beautiful sunny day here. I'm having another cup of coffee and headed outside for my morning jog. I'm planning on enjoying the weather today as tomorrow and Wednesday we're expecting much cooler temps and rain.

I hope everyone has a good day... SFR

Good Morning Sharon (WO),

Didn't mean to miss you!!! I really don't function too well until all that caffeine begins to kick in... I hope things go smoothly with your difficult child this morning... Got my fingers crossed... Hugs.... Enjoy that teacher appreciation luncheon - Sounds like a good time. SFR

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, your weather sounds a bit like ours today.

Rabbit, I hope your leg isn't too badly damaged.

Sharon/WO, I hope difficult child doesn't give you a hard time over the lack of notice about today's plans for the phospital.

SFR, enjoy your lovely weather today. Make the most of it.

Today here it's been cold and wet. I got the washing out just in time to get it rained on. We got it back in fast enough, hung it inside. Then I went to re-do the fabric painting I had done yesterday which I left out to dry last night, and had the rain wash it all out. I set myself up in the garage to paint it, mixing the fabric paint to a slurry with a bit of water. Then it began to rain again, hard - I needed a little more water so I pushed my bucket out into the rain, got enough in a minute. I got the bucket back into the garage again, just before the hail started...

IN the kitchen I finally finished boiling down the 4 Kg of home-grown tomatoes we bought in Canberra on Saturday. I now have about 800 g of concentrated tomato relish. I bottled it while still scalding hot, bottled in pop-top jars (recycled from various commercial products) and the lids all re-sealed down, the pop-tops popped back down. So I know it will keep in the cupboard now, literally for years. I had already printed spare labels with "May 2010" on them, so once they cooled down, I had the jars labelled and ready to go away in the cupboard. Very handy for gifts.

Which reminds me - it's my best friend's birthday tomorrow, I had almost forgotten because I think someone clicked away my computer reminder. I have a shocking memory for birthdays.

This afternoon I had to take difficult child 3 & easy child 2/difficult child 2 to the pediatrician, to get the new prescriptions for their medications. difficult child 3 gave me a hard time with attitude and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues, the half-hour drive was almost all him arguing with me over a trivial matter of labelling, me trying to encourage him to be flexible, and him calling ME inflexible for refusing to agree completely with him! The attitude continued at the doctor's with easy child 2/difficult child 2 trying to talk sense into difficult child 3 in front of the doctor, then afterwards difficult child 3 got angry with easy child 2/difficult child 2 because she put his protractor into his suitcase and he insisted it wasn't there, it had been left behind at the doctor's. When easy child 2/difficult child 2 found it within seconds, as she said she would, she then explained to difficult child 3 that his unpleasant attitude had painted himself into a corner, whereas we had been polite about it and left him plenty of wiggle room to say, "Maybe I was mistaken."

Thankfully, difficult child 3 moderated his attitude for the rest of the afternoon. I think he got the message at last. But I am mentally exhausted. Physically too, I didn't sleep well again last night.

difficult child 3 has a Study Day at the school tomorrow, it is going to be a heavy day - for him. Hopefully for me, I will get a chance to sit and rest in the school library. Then we head back to our home district, hang around for a couple of hours until drama class, then a relaxing dinner with husband.

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Marg