Good No Meltdown Monday Morning!!

LittleDudesMom

Good Monday Morning All!!

I imagine many are sleeping in because they are off from work or recovering from a late night! I'm the later.....

Great 4th celebration yesterday at my house - I purposely haven't looked out back yet though.....I'll have to go out shortly and do the watering before temps rise - we are expecting 100 today and over 100 the next few days :hot:

As far as my plans for the day - after the the last of the family pulls out later this morning I'll get everything back in order, the decorations packed for another year, and then definitely take a nap! Stayed up waaaaayyy to late talking to my brother from Los Angeles!!

Hope your Monday is a lazy one :peaceful:

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, people.

SHaron/LDM, thanks for your help earlier. Sounds like it's steam heat at your place for the next few days.
We just got home from mother in law's place - she's feeling the cold so badly this winer, she has the heat cranked way up. I have been wearing layers - my singlet top which is holding my dressings in place, then a flannel shirt, then a cotton sweater, then my down jacket with scarf and beanie. I arrived at mother in law's and immediately stripped off the down jacket, scarf and beanie. Within minutes I was removing the cotton sweater. Each time, mother in law expressed horror at my risking pneumonia - I checked her thermometer, the kitchen was 21 C. The living room was a lot hotter, she had the blower heater going on high. It took me another half hour and I had to strip off the flannel shirt too - down to singlet top. And I was still sweating! Not what I needed, with the burns.

Today was a quiet day except for my physio appointment. It was raining heavily when I set off, on my mobility scooter. But I just wore my rain poncho over everything, it was enough.

Tomorrow I have to take difficult child 3 to the therapist, we haven't been for 6 weeks. It was getting too difficult with my treatment and difficult child 3's assessments for school.

Things are getting a bit busy, but tomorrow has just been made a little easier for me, niece and her friend were to come with us and that would have kept me out a lot longer. But they're now going in mother in law's car, so I can come home whenever I choose.

Enjoy your Monday.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning!

Sharon, your shindig sounds like a lot of fun; all that work you put into it paid off! I'm glad you had a great time at your own party.

Marg I am imagining you zipping around on a scooter in your rain gear and it gave me a chuckle. Hope you're still taking the time you need to rest!

Another hot day ahead. H and I have been active in the AM and then chillaxing by the pool in the afternoons-it's been very nice. Yesterday we ended up having our own little impromptu BBQ when some friends stopped over to escape the heat in our pool. It was a nice time and thankfully I had plenty of food on hand for the grill! H is going for a bike ride now, I have some things to do and then I think it's another day put by the pool.

Enjoy the day!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-I'm glad you enjoyed such a great 4th! It's o.k. to leave the cleaning for later. Enjoy your nap and stay cool!!

Marg-I'm more like your mother in law in the winter. I am always freezing!! I'm glad your niece will be riding in mother in law's car so you can get home earlier to rest.

Jo-Sounds like you are really enjoying your vacation!! I so wish I had a pool!

husband and I have been up and to boot camp already this morning. It was the kind of day you come home and need to change immediately-we were drenched from the work out.

No real plans for us for the rest of the day although we will, of course, get in our naps. It's raining here but I'm hoping to find something a bit active for difficult child to get involved in.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: