good (over all) last few days.

crazymama30

This weekend has been good, overall. I have finally figured out something I should have known years ago. When someone has children, easy child or difficult child, when having outings what matters is that most of the time we have fun. We cannot go somewhere and not argue or fuss with each other about something. I am starting to wonder about easy child, as she gives me more attitude than difficult child now. I am hoping it is just hormones. I feel more at peace with myself now that I realized this, it gives us permission to be human, to not be perfect.

We went fishing last night, and difficult child caught the biggest fish!!! about a 16-18 inch catfish. Big for this area. :bravo:

Alisonlg

Sounds wonderful!!! :wink:

Yes...it's nice to remember that we have permission to be human!

Did you get a picture of difficult child with his catfish? :smile:

crazymama30

Yep, got a picture once we got home. I forgot to take the camera. By the time we took food, wood, fishing stuff, and chairs, there was not much room left. Both the kids are kinda scared of catfish cuz of the barbs. I do not much like them either, but they are fun to catch, and it is nice to get out of the house.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Glad to hear you had such a nice weekend-the fishing sounds like fun-I haven't been fishing in years!

crazymama30

The kids and I say it is not about the fishing, they think it is about hot dogs and marshmallows, I think it is a brief moment when I can semi run away from reality. husband takes fishing more serious, but phooey on him.