Good Samaritans

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Every once in awhile it sure is nice to discover there are still people who put themselves out there for their fellow man.

Last night Travis was pushing carts. He was sweating so much his glasses fell from his face and under the cart wheels. He "found" them by running over them.:faint:

Now the boy can't SEE without them at all. Just getting around the house is a challenge. And I think he's managing that just because it's so familiar. So he had to call off work tonight. He doesn't get paid until friday, and I don't have enough to pay for glasses. (his are always expensive as heck)

His frontline manager was very sweet about him needing to call off. No trouble at all, she completely understood. That was enough to make his day. (huge relief)

But just a few minutes ago we get a call from Kroger's. And of course all are holding their breath. It's his manager. So Travis gets on the phone. We're still holding our breath. Few mins later we here him say how nice that is for them to think of him.......... Huh?

He hands me the phone because Travis is awful at directions. His manager and an old friend of mine (worked with her at Rite Aide) got together. My old friend brought in a pair of old frames she hopes will fit his lenses. The manager is currently hunting for the house to drop them off. Travis is waiting on the porch for her.

I thanked her and told her how awfully nice that was for them to think of him. She said well, they like him, and knew he can't see without his glasses at all. So they wanted to try to help.

How awesome is that?!:D

Odds are they won't fit. But hey, it's the thought and effort that count! :D

But keep fingers crossed this works!

klmno

I'm sure he was surprised, but that was a very thoughtful gesture!!

I think I have just heard my difficult child's future!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
How nice!

Now.....someone here is a whiz at fixing glasses. But for the life of me, I can't remember who it was.

Or....now that I thnk on it more.......that could have been someone from another group. :slap:

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My friend sent Travis 2 pairs of her husband's old glasses via the front-end manager. They are the right shape. But they appear a tad larger than his. I'll have husband attempt to make the transfer tomorrow. I'm having trouble getting the lenses out and don't want to make matters worse.

If this doesn't work, I'm giving the Lion's Club a call. Aren't they the one's who collect old glasses for the needy? Well, Travis sure is needy. And all he needs is the frames. Lord knows I've dropped enough old glasses into their boxes over the years. (all the one's the kids grew out of)

F

flutterbee

That was nice.

Is this the same manager that was giving Travis so much grief? Could this perhaps be a little guilt?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Is this the same manager that was giving Travis so much grief? Could this perhaps be a little guilt?

IF ONLY :rofl:

No. The store manager is the one who wants him outta there. All the lower managers seem to like him, as well as the other employees.