Good Saturday Morning Friends!

LittleDudesMom

:water_happy: Happy Saturday!!!

We are back from the shore and had a wonderful vacation!! The weather was perfect and I cannot remember the ocean being so clean and clear for years and years!

This was a huge year for difficult child. He was quite independent on this trip. Met some kids and hung out like a typical kid!

The car is cleaned out, the luggage unpacked and put away, the laundry done, the beach gear stored until next month, and I got a full day of work at the office in yesterday! I've been rolling since we returned thursday evening!

The reason - well, mom arrives early afternoon :wildone:!!!!! She is stopping in until Mon or Tues when she will continue down to Charlotte to spend the 4th with her sister. My cousin (my aunt's son who she had - suprise - at 46) is coming home from Hawawii (where he is stationed at a marine base) and will be shipping out to Iraq on July 12th. Mom will be there to support my aunt as she experiences his shipping out for the first time.

Pretty much everything is ready for mom's visit. easy child went to the grocer for me yesterday when I was at work. She and I will hit the gym this morning. Boyfriend will be coming to spend the day with her.

Wishing everyone a calm and relaxing Saturday :beach:. Stay cool!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:

Sharon-I'm glad you had such a great time at the beach and that difficult child was so independent-that is great news!:bigsmile: Enjoy your time at the gym and also enjoy the visit:)

I didn't have to work this morning! I try to take at least one Saturday off a month and this is it. The only bad part is I won't weigh in today which means not til next week. It's suppose to be a beautiful day here-temps in the mid 70s and less humid.

I think we are going to drive to Chicago this morning to meet some of husband's high school friends who are passing through. I say think because difficult child is in a foul mood and doesn't want to go so I'm debating whether I should stay with him. I'd really like to go though and am hoping difficult child can maintain-it may be time for a bit of bribery.

No health club today as I've already done 6 days this week and am taking a day off from that too! Even with going to Chicago though I will try to squeeze in a nap.:sleeping:

Wishing everyone a fun Saturday.:beach_ball:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, I'm glad you had a great time at the beach. You've come back from holiday refreshed and productive, by the sound of it.

Sharon/Wiped, enjoy your down time today. I hope difficult child settles down and stops making life a misery for you.

Today was the big move for easy child 2/difficult child 2 and BF2. difficult child 1 was also supposed to take his car down the road to the garage for some work on his shocks. However, we were a bit late getting down there so they didn't order the parts. Next week, they said.
THis was good - it meant his car was available to be loaded with stuff and taken to his sister's new flat.
BF2 had filled my car yesterday, with boxes. On the way back from the garage with difficult child 1 I saw that some people at our church were having a garage sale. I told easy child 2/difficult child 2, who was very interested. We went down and she bought a hat stand, a book stand, a computer desk, a side table, two CD shelves and a sideboard, all for A$70. While we were there BF2's father arrived with the truck, and began loading the big stuff. He had brought an old fridge, a twin tub washer and a dryer for them. These kids are better set up than husband & I were!

I had a meeting to get to, so we all convoyed out. My meeting was only a minute or two away so I was able to stay for most of it then left when the kids were ready to unload my car. They all headed back to our place for another load, then we waved them goodbye just after sunset.
Tonight - two less mouths to feed. We ate leftovers. I feel relaxed. I can get some sewing done because I can now get at my sewing machine (it's in the spare room, which tis pair have been occupying). There is a lot of cleaning up to do, which she has promised. I will believe it when I see it.

We're hoping they can make this work. And we figure she will learn to appreciate us so much more now, when she learns just how smoothly we helped her run her life.

I'm beginning to realise I am old. By Christmas we'll only have difficult child 3 left at home.
I need to update my sig... and maybe I need to call easy child and let her know that her baby sister has just left home.

Marg

smallworld

Good Saturday morning!

Sharon (LDM), glad you had a wonderful vacation at the beach. It sounds heavenly. Hope you enjoy The Visit.

Sharon (WO), hope you make it to Chicago. It's always challenging to know what to do when our little darlings aren't at their best.

It's been quiet around here since A left for overnight camp in Maine on Wednesday. I sure miss her though. We've been waiting for her first letter home -- it's so hard not knowing how she's doing.

J has been volunteering 3 mornings a week at a preschool camp. He hasn't been too enthusiastic, but yesterday he told me it's getting better. When I asked him why, he said, "Because some of the kids like me." That must mean he's starting to engage a bit.

M is in a theatre camp that is performing the play Willy Wonka Jr. She's in the ensemble. She's excited that in one scene she gets to be an Oompa Loompa working in Willy Wonka's factory.

We haven't made it to our pool much this season. Strong thunderstorms keep rolling in in the late afternoons, which prevents us from getting there. The weather forecast is calling for the same both today and tomorrow so we may not make it again this weekend.

Hope you have a peaceful weekend. Hi if you snuck in.

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

LDM- I'm glad the trip went so well! You'll have to let me know where you go so maybe we can try a vacation there. I had been thinking the Outer Banks next year. Duckie really wants the beach, lol!:beach_ball:

Sharon- I hope difficult child pulls out of his mood for the day and you get to go along with husband!:warrior:

Marg- I hope the kids appreciate the way they've been launched into the real world! Enjoy your sewing room again...:welcomehome:

Smallworld- It sounds like the kids are settling into summer nicely. I'd be waiting for that letter too...:its_all_good:

Well, we survived the party! I had a few tense moments in the morning trying to move things along, but it all went well. Our final count was 29 kids are 14 adults. Would you believe that not one of the children behaved badly? I still have to pick up the broken balloons today and empty the coolers, but that's it. I was able to clean up the dishes, toys, kitchen and bathrooms before we left for the drive-in. I even had time to hop in the shower!:dance:

The drive-in was fun... we ended up seeing Kung Fu Panda instead of WallE because the other family wanted to see the second feature that was paired with Kung Fu Panda. It was fun except for when my cousin's two year old got sick. Ever try to clean up vomit in the dark? Yuck!:ill:

Well, Duckie's still sleeping (she's exhausted) and I have altar guild later today. Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

change

GOOD MORNING Ya'LL!!!

About to head to my "chiseled" class at the gym. (weights)...then have talk-therapy with daughter and husband, then will hang-out and enjoy the day! We have "Pride Day" going on here with a huge festival and parade...we might check it out. It's fun.

Sharon, good luck with the family and "Mom" Sounds like a lot going on at once.

Tire Mommy- Glad Duckie's party was good...now put yer feet up and R-E-S-T! ;)

Smallworld- enjoy your "you-time"...sorry you miss A so much. I know how you feel...

Marg- Congrats on getting some "space" in your house! (LOL) I know you're streesed about it working out but try and enjoy it while it lasts...

Wiped Out- HAPPY DAY OFF!!!!!!!

HUGS to everyone...

Andy

Good Morning!!!

Little Dude's Mom - Welcome back :) Glad the weather was beautiful (just as I imagined when I did my mini breaks in my head) Sounds like you will need a mini vacation in a few days.

Wiped Out - I hope your trip is a go for you.

Marguerite - A huge Life step for the kids. Exciting!!! and of course a little nervous. They will do fine and you are not too far away to continue guidance as needed.

Small World - Your household is busy!! It is fun to watch as J becomes a role model for the little kids. Those little kids just love being around the bigger kids. It is funny how pre-schoolers are so wowed by a bigger kid without the bigger kid having to really do anything.

Tired Mommy - What a great day yesterday! A wonderful memory for Duckie!

Change - Enjoy the festival and parade - don't forget to take an ice cream bucket for the candy.

difficult child was given the choice to go with dad to his dad's sister's to mow thistle, possible boat ride, and possible swimming or stay home with me to attend easy child's godchild's 1st birthday and possible beach time. He was going to choose me ("Even though I want to help mow") but I encouraged him to go with Dad. I told him that he doesn't get time with Dad very often so he decided to go with him. It just started to rain lightly as they left and I have been told it will stay cool today. It will be a good day for outside work if the rain stops soon. Too cold for swimming but I sent a jacket for a boat ride.

difficult child goes down to .25 mg Clonazepam one time a day for two weeks and then will be off!!! :happyguy::jumphappy: He is doing great with this cutback schedule and I am looking forward to him being off it.