Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All,

Happy Saturday! I'm off to work in bit. Thankfully I'm home by 9:30 because I didn't get to sleep til very late last night. sister in law came over and we went out so she could eat dinner (at 10:00 at night). By the time we came home, after stopping at the mall, it was 11:30. I went to bed about midnight. I'm getting too old for late nights with early mornings :bloodshot:

I had a great last day of school with my class yesterday-they really are an awesome group!!! :xmasdancers:

Today is busy. Work, health club, grocery shopping, and other errands are on the agenda. Napping and watching Christmas movies are also on the agenda. It will be interesting to see what gets cut! I can almost guarantee it won't be my nap :sleeping:

I hope everyone has a peaceful day with many reasons for smiles. :rudolph:

Fran

Former desparate mom
:xmasdancers: Good Morning Sharon. How nice that the students were so awesome.

Hope you get that rest but I doubt it until after Tuesday. Just doesn't seem to be the way.

In laws arrive today. I had the counter replaced yesterday in their bathroom. They don't replace the faucet. It's 3:30 on a Friday before Christmas and I have to find a plumber or in laws will need a pitcher of water and a slop bucket to brush their teeth. :hammer: I was a little stressed. Finally got a nice guy to come and finish off the sink. Whew. What a disaster that would have been.

The family watched a movie last night with popcorn. It was a fun thing to do.

Sharon, I did on line grocery shopping yesterday. husband will drive in and they load it into the car. It takes some time to go through the aisles but it's got a lot of convenience too. I pay on line and they store person refuses tips. I'm still perfecting my process but it may be a way to do this for big holiday orders.

Hope you all enjoy your day. :miseltoe:

Marguerite

G'day, everyone.

Sharon, I hope you get your catch-up sleep today. We've been getting the Christmas movies too - unfortunately, I've been too busy to watch them. A friend called in this afternoon, could we please mind his dog for him overnight? Sure, no worries, we've minded her before - but this is the first time he's dropped her off. She was fretting all afternoon and we had to keep her inside with the doors shut. Not nice in steamy hot weather. The humidity is ridiculously high, you can feel the moisture condensing out as the evening cools (only slightly).

Fran, I'm glad you found the plumber you needed. husband & I were chasing a panelbeater this afternoon for BF2's car - the bloke said he'll work on it tomorrow, labour costs only. Must be a gem of a bloke - working on a Sunday, so close to Christmas, for very little.

Got most of the presents wrapped today. And found a lot more that I'd bought through the year and forgot about. It seems every year I accumulate more. All in all though, I've got a lot more organised in plenty of time this year. I talked to easy child this evening about plans - she's got all the food organised, we only have to bring nibbles - and brandy. Oh yes, and the Christmas pudding, complete with sixpences. mother in law made it, she uses the same coins every year. We can't use our current currency, it's toxic. The old silver coins were phased out in 1966, she's been using them every year since then.

Tomorrow morning we've been invited to a birthday/Christmas party and barbecue at a local estuary beach. It's just inside national park boundaries and just been reopened after major works on roads and drainage in the area. easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 can't go - working again. Twelve hour shifts. She is going to be so tired on Christmas Day, and yet is planning on driving to BF2's parents' place for Christmas lunch, then down to Canberra to be with us at easy child & BF1's place for Christmas dinner. Then back the next day, they're both working the day after. Mad.

We're getting drenching wet weather in drought country, but it's still not enough to break the drought. Three months' worth of rain in one storm - happening everywhere. And it all floods away, washing out the land. OK, we prayed for rain, but not like this! At least the dams are getting some water at last. Ironically, we're not getting much of this. Normally we get ALL the rain on our coastal strip.

It's late, gotta head for bed. I need my sleep!

Marg

happymomof2

Good Morning Everyone,

Here's to a meltdown free weekend :thumb:

We haven't done any Christmas shopping yet. husband wants to wait til about 8 or 9 tonight. He actually thinks it won't be crowded then. :rofl:

Yesterday my easy child was trying to pop some unpopped kernels from a microwave bag on the stove. She took the pot off the stove and promptly sat it on the counter. (I was not in the kitchen at the time or that would not have happened)Me being the older wiser mother seen some marks on the counter later thinking it was.... I don't know what I thought but I proceeded to try and scrap it off with the scraper I use for the stove. You guessed it - counter top came off with the scraping!! :slap: Any ideas on what to do with that?? I don't want it to get worse.

difficult child is gone to work with Dad again today :thumb:

He is working off court cost, attorney fee and restitution. Also when he is not here I don't have to deal with him and his sister fighting!

Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday.

tiredmommy

Good morning Sharon, Fran, Marg & all that follow! You all sound like such busy little elves. :elf:
The gifts are wrapped, baking done (Duckie & husband finished up the chocolate chip cookies last night, lol!), I'm just about set for tomorrow's Sunday School presentation and I'm immersed in cleaning. I'm about halfway through the house. I need to set up extra tables & downstairs, set up the small Christmas tree downstairs (it's being used in the presentation tomorrow) and throw bows on the gifts. :santa: Last but not least, I need to start food prep on Monday for the holiday get together.
Then, I can sleep a full night gain. :bloodshot:
Have a great day!
:xmasdancers: