Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

It's already very humid here! It seems the past couple of days that summer has arrived. I refuse to turn on the ac yet though. This is just like Wisconsin weather-furnace on one day and ready for ac the next! I'm exaggerating a bit as I turned off the heat about 3 weeks ago!

I'm off to work in a bit. Then we are going to see a movie with both kids (although easy child will probably sit separately from the family like last time). This afternoon it's a nap, the health club, and mowing the lawn.

Tonight I'm going to a friend's party which should be fun because a bunch of people I used to teach with at another school will be there.

Wishing everyone a day filled with smiles and laughter.:kisses:

KateM

Sharon, even on the weekends, you are so busy! What movie are you going to see? We rarely go to the movies, but I'd like to see Indiana Jones soon.

It's lots of parties for us today! Our next door neighbor is having a big get-together and then off to our nephew's graduation blast.

Hi to anyone who snuck in! Stay cool in this heat!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all. I have been scarce the last few weeks because I am at mom's in Pa.

Wiped out, your day sounds fun. I appreciate a good party once in a while.

KateM, I'm with you about the new Indiana Jones movie. I may have to get to that one soon.

I can not believe the heat in SW Pa. It's cool and damp one week and now blistering hot.
Mom is convelescing well. We are taking her home with us for a few weeks. Tomorrow is a childhood friends son's graduation. I am looking forward to it. I am seldom in the area when these things happen so I stayed on to attend. Sunday evening we will load up the dogs, mom and all of our junk for the ride home. I am ready to get home. I am tired of sweating that's for sure.

Hope you all have a productive Saturday.

LittleDudesMom

:water_happy: Good Morning!!!!

Sharon, have fun at the movies - what are you going to see? I've had my air on for days.........

Kate, sounds like a day of fun for you and yours! Have a good time!

easy child and I were enjoying a few quiet minutes with a cup coffee. She is headed up an hour north of here with the photographer for a river wedding. It's going to be a scortcher. I feel sorry for the bride! The whole thing is outside and the temps are forecast for 100! She won't be back home until around 9pm. It's a 12-hour day with the drive.

As soon as she leaves, I'll hit the gym. difficult child and I will also go to the pool his afternoon. Other than that, we plan on staying as cool as possible in this heat :swimming:.

Hope your Saturday is a good one!

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, people. I'm glad all of you in the US are enjoying your warm weather. Even when it's really hot, there are ways to keep your cool. Seeing a movie is a great way to enjoy someone else's air conditioning!

husband & I with difficult child 3 spent today at the first big day of the Hot Pot Run. I persuaded difficult child 3 to do a lot of filming, which I hopefully can now get him to turn into his school project instead of the one he was working on using Rainbow Lorikeets. I've told him he can still work on the Lorikeet project, but the train club would love him to do this film on trains and his teacher may as well see it too. There's no reason he can't do two projects, and I think he could get this one done much faster. And with our new computer (courtesy of last week's electric storm) we now have the latest version of iMovie to speed up the process.

There must have been over 80 miniature locomotives today, most of them live steam. I don't know how much coal got burned.

It continues tomorrow but we won't be there (maybe next year - I say it every year). easy child wants to take me clothes shopping for my birthday. She & I are going out while husband stays with difficult child 3 and (hopefully) they work on the movie. After we get home we're going to play with easy child's SingStar stuff - our bribe for difficult child 3.

A busy weekend, but a lot of fun!

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Marg