Good Saturday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Duckie is walking in a parade for cheer this morning.:cheerleader: Which would be great if it was warm and dry. But no! It's cool and raining. Ugh. To top it off, I get to walk too and pull the wagon. I so don't feel like being in a parade!

After that we'll hang out at the festival that's hosting the parade. The only other thing I need to do is make a pasta salad for a church potluck tomorrow.

Have a great day! :salute:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning TM. Yuck about walking in a parade in the rain.
Of course, those of us in the Raleigh area are going to need duck feet today. We have had quite a bit of rain from Hanna through the night. Lots of flash flood warnings but it should be over with by this evening.
Tomorrow we head for the shore for a week. I am so looking forward to it. I made stuffed peppers and baked a cake. Gotta have lots of yummies for vacation.

difficult child has been home for a month. It has been fairly pleasant with difficult child being helpful and easy going. He is cooperative, clean and happy. It may be the best we can expect. I hope there is more but we are moving forward again. He loses his cell phone if he doesn't complete the chores on the list that is written before he wakes up in the AM.

Hope all of you have a fun and productive saturday.

Marguerite

G'day for Saturday.

Poor Duckie, having to parade in the cold. Poor you, too - I hope the wagon isn't too big (*mental image of bullock wagon* http://www.lakemac.infohunt.nsw.gov.au/lmphotos/lak021/lak02196.htm)

Fran, I felt like I had webbed feet today - when we went out shopping and collecting our plants, I had to change into my gum boots because it was just so boggy.
I hope difficult child does his chores for you.

We were supposed to be at a school fair today but it got called off due to the really revolting weather. Today was cold, wet and very windy. It wasn't torrential rain, but it was constant and wet enough to be unpleasant. My hands were numb from the cold, fingers clumsy. Gale force winds out to sea so there was a storm surge as well, with all the creeks and rivers backing up. We had to drive "to the mainland" on some errands (outdoors) - some plants to collect, therapist to visit (briefly), a bit of shopping to do. As we drove over the causeway the river was lipping the edge - if we'd spat upstream it would have spilled over. By the time we were heading home, the river was over the road and we had to turn back and go home the long way.

We'd had mother in law with us (it gets her out of the house on a cold, miserable day so she's not on her own) so we kept her with us after we got home and had a pizza afternoon watching movies then kept her with us for an early dinner. Meanwhile I took advantage of the light rain continuing and planted the shrubs we'd collected today, did a bit more weeding, rounded up the snails which were enjoying the rain (I'm mean - I fed the snails to the chooks) then harvested some red and yellow spinach (and other vegetables) from the garden for a stir-fry dinner.

The rain is easing, it's even possible that when difficult child 1 drives back home tonight he won't have to drive the long way, the river might be down again. Tomorrow is our monthly artists open day in the village, I'm hoping to take difficult child 3 around to have a look at a few more artists. Tomorrow should be a little warmer, they say.

Enjoy your Saturday!

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:salute: Good Morning TM, Fran, Marg and all to follow!

TM, sorry the weather is not cooperating with Duckie's parade. I can just see you this morning, your new pixie haircut, stomping your feet, "I don't want to go, I don't want to pull the wagon!!!!!" Hopefully you can return home in short order and rest for a little nice and dry and warm.

Fran, we've had the remnants of Hannah since about 2am. It was actually nice getting up this morning and hearing the rain. Have a great time at the shore this week! I think it's been awhile since you've been. Is difficult child staying home?

Marg, torrential rain seems to be the order of the day. The artist open house tomorrow sounds like fun. We have one here in our city called First Fridays. Gallerys and eateries stay open late on the frist friday of each month in our downtown area. Folks who live in lofts and condos downtown have parties where you go to a gallery or two, then stop in for a glass of wine and keep going! Hope the wedding plans are going well this weekend.

As I mentioned in my reply to Fran, we are in the midst of the rain from Hannah. It's supposed to rain, pretty much nonstop, until around 4 or 5 today. A great excuse to stay in and chill!

I could use that as this was a busy week and I stayed up late last night watching stand up shows on showtime!

Wishing you a restful and peaceful Saturday :peaceful:

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
LDM, difficult child and his friend from Virginia are both coming. difficult child will drive his own car there so the young men can go do their thing. difficult child has really been a big help to me so I'm pleased he is coming. Pleasant attitude is everything isn'[t it?

Marguerite, what does one wear instead of gum shoes? Boots? I have a Land's End version of gum shoes when I walk the pups in the wet weather. They aren't attractive but they are effective. LOL. I've seen the cutest "wellies" lately. Pink polka dots or red lady bugs. I'm almost tempted to buy a pair. They are girly but so cute.
Enjoy the artist's work. We have something like LDM describes on Galveston Island. Unfortunately, I have not had the chance to enjoy them this year.

I am enjoying spending the morning with my 1yr old niece but now everyone is napping and I may have to join them. LOL. I'm not sure how I did all of this when mine were so young but they are a delight aren't they?
Fortunately, I made stuffed peppers last night to throw into the oven for dinner tonight. My mom is visiting also and she has a healthy appetite too.

Marguerite

Sorry, sounds like another linguistic confusion.

"Gum boots" = 'wellies' or 'wellington boots'. I've got the standard black rubber kind, we have two sizes - one pair for my size feet (also difficult child 3, easy child 2/difficult child 2) and a larger paid for husband or difficult child 1. They live at the back door so whoever needs them can put them on. We leave the boots inside the back door and not outside, because outside the boots could get funnelweb spiders crawling inside, and they don't always fall out if you shake the boots before putting them on. I wouldn't want to risk a funnelweb bite anywhere, not even on the toe. I grew up with the need to always check our boots before putting them on and I've really got a horror of even the thought of a funnelweb in my boots. Or a redback - they're a nastier Aussie equivalent of the black widow. But funnelweb is far worse.

I saw some lovely 'girly' boots last weekend at the gardening show. Unfortunately, they're expensive - starting price was A$60, when the black rubber boring ones are about A$10. And the black rubber ones - they're the ones I am used to, the ones that are heavy-duty farm boots.

Here is a link for you, for the pretty ones -
http://www.rosieroo.com.au/products.html

Marg