Good Saturday morning....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:coffee:

Good morning friends & fellow warrior parents.

It's early on a free Saturday & I cannot imagine why I'm not sound asleep this morning. kt is off at respite ~ no wm visit on the calendar for the day. I imagine can have a pj, painting day.

You know the type; cereal for breakfast & dinner. Who cares? husband will be wandering about today working on a project.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Wiped Out

Staff member
,:good_morning:
Happy Saturday!

Linda-A pj day sounds just about perfect! Be sure to squeeze in some naps since you were up so much during the night! Hopefully you are catching some Zs while I write!

Napping is definitely on my agenda for the day but not for quite awhile. First, I'm off to work in a bit. Then, I'm heading off to a car dealership. No, I'm not car shopping, not in the market right now but this summer a radio station hid this car in different spots and listeners could send in guesses. Anyone who guessed got put into a drawing and now I'm a finalist to win the car. You have to be present to win so off I'll go. I could have sworn earlier in the week I heard on the radio there would be 5 finalists. After I got my e-mail I'm guessing I probably heard wrong and there are probably a lot of people. Oh well wish me luck!

Then coming home to nap and go to the club. It will be quiet because husband and difficult child are watching my niece's house this afternoon while she works because she is having a tv delivered.

Wishing everyone a great start to their weekend!:kisses:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Linda- Your pj day sounds idyllic! :rofl:

Sharon- I'm sure easy child will take the car off your hands if you win, lol! :biggrin:

We're taking Duckie & a friend to the zoo today. A new rain forest exhibit opened recently and I'm looking forward to seeing it. :thumbsup:

Have a great day! :salute:

Marguerite

G'day, folk.

Linda, the PJs day sounds lovely. Enjoy!

Sharon/WO, good luck with the car - let us know how it goes!

TM, the new exhibit at the zoo sounds wonderful. I love rainforests. We have tiny patches of rainforest in our area but they're difficult to get to. Ours have lyrebirds living in them, very shy birds. And nobody knows what a lyrebird's call is, because all they ever do is mimic. They even pass the mimicked sounds on to their chicks and other lyrebirds within hearing range.

husband & I just got back from the fundraising dinner for refugees in Sudan. I don't know how much was raised - we'll find out. I estimate it would have been easily $1500. So much was donated, especially the caterer's time (and staff). difficult child 3 helped wait on tables and did well with it.

Today was a lovely warm summer day, although I was still feeling cold. I walked outside with bare feet to enjoy the warmth on the paving soaking into my feet - they still felt cold. And even tonight - people kept going outside onto the veranda because they were feeling the heat - I wasn't. It was still pleasant outside, but I was glad to get home and get something warmer on.

Tomorrow will be cooler again, back to normal sprint temperatures. Today was the hottest day this year, at 32C. Previously the hottest day was last week, when Saturday was 31C! Considering that this spring temperature is hotter than the hottest two months of last summer, it's a worry - but it WAS a mild summer. Looks like this coming one will be warmer.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING ALL

:D
Timer - Enjoy your no-schedule pj painting day. Sounds relaxing.

Wiped Out - It would be so much fun to win a car! Good luck.

Tired - Have fun at the zoo. It has been a month since difficult child and I have been to the one an hour away. We tried going two weeks ago after his therapist appointment only to find it is only open weekends after school starts. Then the neighbor took her little niece to a zoo 1/2 hr away yesterday. I will have to check that one out.

I think I have difficult child cleaning his room this morning? Some time before noon, I will go register him for bowling. We chose Mondays after school. Now that all his school activities (bowling, trumpet, tutoring) are scheduled I can relax. It's hard to find that balance of meeting activity needs with homework and staying home needs but I think this will work for us.

easy child is going to Fargo to watch a college game. Our church's DCE will go with and then the two young ladies will go shopping. The DCE (director of christian education) is turning out to be a very good influence in easy child's life. I am so glad easy child likes her and wants to spend time with her - kind of like a big sister who is on the right track.

I am getting some cleaning done this morning. :tongue:

Everyone have a GREAT day! Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

Andy

Marg - You snuck in on me! Glad the Sudan meal was a success. We are working on sending you our warm weather as we head into winter - just that we are having a hard time giving it up - so greedy I am this time of the year! :) Have a great evening and a good tomorrow!

DenitaS

Good morning to all!!! Sounds like you guys have your day all planned out! LOL
Lil' bit is napping for now but, we plan on running to town to do some shopping.
daughter 1 wants us to come and see her Sunday and bring her some clothes. Not sure if I will go in or not, probably just send husband back. She wants to see the baby but, I don't think they will allow him back. Plan on calling them today to see if they will or not.
Pretty quiet so far this morning!!!
Enjoy your day!!!! :D