Good Saturday Morning

K

Kjs

Isn't it suppose to be spring? Yet we are expecting snow again late today and tomorrow into Monday. Come on and warm up already!

I have been up since 2am. Seems to be my new hours. When I am not working my normal shift (had class several days this week)

This is my only day off, back to work Tomorrow. So I must do my taxes. Scary thought. The last few years it didn't turn out so well. I have been putting it off. Now so many things have happened this is my only day to get it done.

I hope you all enjoy this weekend.

Marguerite

Oh, taxes! Hate te job. Mind you, husband does ours, which makes it easier for me.

Our taxes are a lot simpler than they used to be, plus we can always telephone our tax department and have someone talk us through it. We have supervised the older kids doing their own taxes and atfirst they were reluctant to call the tax office help line, because they said, "DOn't they want to keep as much of our money as possible?" but I pointed out, the individuals at the help line are taxpayers too, they will help. And they do.
Mind you, the government's ultimate simplified tax form has three lines only.
"How much did you earn last year?"
"How much do you have left?"
"Send it in!"
Spring weather will be there soon. Our summer is over, barring maybe some last minute warm spell. The Easter winds are in for sure at the moment, the sky grey and overcast. I well remember Easter weather from childhood - cold, windy, overcast (often) and wearing warm sweaters. We only ever were permitted Easter eggs or hot cross buns on Easter Sunday, and I remember many Easter Sundays dressed warmly, the wind whistling outside, me curled up under a rug nibbling chocolate and reading a favourite book. Or maybe making a plastic bag kite and flying it outside over the neighbour's roof.
We're getting this weather setting in now. Today was a day for wearing warmer knitted garments. I've got my old gardening ugg boots on as I type this.

difficult child 3 didn't get much done on his assignment today (I'm not surprised). He doesn't know he has a longer extension, hopefully he'll push himself tomorrow.

husband came home today with a new woodchipper. He did this last week, but that one didn't work so we took it back. But this afternoon, we had fun. We emptied out our green waste bin and converted it to three small buckets of mulch which are now in our compost bins. difficult child 3 dug out some chicken manure to 'seed' the compost bins. Tomorrow I ned to get to church (Palm Sunday, plus I have to recruit candle-makers and collect candles). I also need to nag difficult child 3 to get some schoolwork done, perhaps I can entice some output by bribing him with the chance to help mulch some prunings from Grandma's place. I'm not going to be able to hang about at church for long! Depending on who I get to learn to make the Easter candle, I might even begin tomorrow. It's a process that takes a few days, that amount of wax takes days to cool evenly through and needs to be topped up in the mould as it cools and shrinks.

Easter is a busy time for us - rain is forecast too, we have to fit in our activity around any rain. The vegetable garden is looking happy, I had a good look this afternoon and need to do more tomorrow.

The painting I planned to do - not yet. I've done some reading, I have an acrylics project to finish first (a desk set for mother in law, painted in Tuscan scenes - I want it done by Easter). I'll practice some of the brush techniques on it.

Roll on tomorrow!

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Kjs-I hear you about the weather-we are suppose to get 3-6 inches-yuck! We hire someone to do our taxes-I hate taxes!

Marg-Love the line, "How much do you have left?" "Send it in."
It's nice to hear your vegetable garden is doing well. I wish I had more room to grow more than just my tomatoes but since we have had Ella, our dog, I can't have a garden in the back yard anymore so I just grow my tomatoes on the side of the house. You sound so busy, I hope you are getting enough rest.

I stayed up way too late last night reading. I am really enjoying the book, American Wife but it kept me up till past midnight and seeing as I have to be to work by 6:15 that was definitely too late.

Cleaning has to be done today as well as napping and a visit to the health club. Tonight we will just watch videos and have popcorn. I'm really hoping the snow doesn't get too bad as I have to hit 7:30 Mass tomorrow morning since I'm leader of prayer; I hate driving on snowy roads.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

susiestar

Roll With It
Sound slike you all have busy days.

Last night was thank you's school carnival. My dad took him and they had a blast. husband was exhausted and jess and I were not feeling well. husband has a long day again today.

One of husband's coworkers is filming a movie he wrote. husband was in a short film that took 2nd place in a company competition that this person R wrote, directed and filmed. So husband is in this new, longer film also. They are filming today.

This weekend is our home and garden show. I am going to TRY to take thank you to walk around, but problem not until tomorrow. I ahve to work on taxes and on my stuff for the doctor, so I am not at all ready to go today. I also haven't slept again tonight - just feeling icky.

On the positive side, I did get a new rx of my migraine medications in yesterday. They are now in generic!!! I know it has been available for a while, but my ins co pharmacy didn't have any to send last time I needed a refill, so I had to pay for the more expensive brand name. This was CHEAP!!! And I already had to take one so I know it works just as well!!!

We are supposed to get together for my dad's birthday on Sunday (his birthday was April 1) but I don't think we will. Apparently my mom was at the grocery on the 3oth and it was still icy on the ground then. She got out of the car and fell and hit her head on the car. She was fine that night, and the next day, but then she woke up dizzy and with blurry vision. My dad just happened to get up with her in the night that night (he rarely is woken up by her when she gets up but the cat insisted he get up. Good Kitty.) and called the doctor at home. Her doctor is a family friend and had her go into the urgent care clinic when it opened 2 hours later.

She has a mild concussion, but is still feeling bad as of late last night. We didn't even hear about it until last night! I am going to try to make some muffins for her tomorrow or the next day.

I hope everyone has a peaceful and enjoyable Saturday.