Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Saturday Friends,

There is a light rain outside right now but hopefully it will clear up and the sun will come out like the forecasters say. We have had enough rain lately, it seems every day the forecast has a chance of it in there. I'd like to start seeing some warmer temps (high 70s or low 80s). on the other hand, I guess until school is out the cooler weather helps.

I stayed up way too late reading last night. I can't wait to finish this book. Last night alone I read about 250 pages but just couldn't stay awake to finish, just a bit over 100 pages to go. I can't believe how much I'm enjoying the Twilight series.

As usual I'm off to work in a bit. After that husband has another phone conference training for his new part time job (he'll be recruiting people to do their master's program in technology for a certain college).

Later, after a nap we'll hit the health club and we have lots to clean today as well.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- Fingers are crossed for you to have sunny weather today. by the way, I've heard a lot of people feel the same way about the Twilight series.

I'll be heading out to assist with cheerleading registration this morning. Other than that, not a whole lot!

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning ladies.
Sharon, hope the rain clears. It would be nice to enjoy the outside a bit.

TM have fun at the cheerleading registration.

I'm drinking coffee to the sound of birds and absolute quiet. Ahhhhhhh.
husband is at his college reunion. I guess at 30yrs, not many spouses go so I chose to stay home.
difficult child is at a sci fi convention 2 hrs away. He is having a wonderful time and meeting a lot of people. He calls frequently to tell me about some new bit of info about the convention. His friend dressed up but difficult child decided to wait and get a feel for his first convention before he committed to dressing up in costume. I thought difficult child showed good social judgement. The boys are on a very limited budget so they are tracking down meal bargains. I'm happy he is enjoying himself and his days are filled.

I plan to clean kitchen cupboards and enjoy a pleasant spring day in NC.
Hope your day is productive.

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Sharon/WO, I'm glad you're enjoying the book.

TM, the cheerleader registration sounds like it could be hectic.

Fran, I'm glad difficult child is having fun at the convention. My middle two difficult children like to dress up at conventions. These conventions are like difficult child-Central.

Just had dinner at mother in law's - I cooked a steamboat again, I'm still refining the technique. Home not too late, but getting difficult child 3 off the computer proved to be extremely difficult, only accomplished with a lot of nagging (on our part) and a lot of abuse and swearing (on difficult child 3's part). He keeps coming in to nag at me and continue getting abusive purely about the fact that I am unimpressed with his behaviour.

I'm trying to get to bed before midnight; difficult child 3 still has to have his shower and wash his hair, even though according to his curfew, it's supposed to be lights out by 10 pm.

So not much time to greet people in person tonight, just time to sign off and head for bed. I'm still fighting this bug, now chest infection. We looked at easy child/sister in law's wedding photos tonight, I got to see a lot of them in between arguing with difficult child 3 about his rudeness (again) because we weren't playing cards with him.

Sometimes, honestly. I know difficult child 3 is making notes about how mean he thinks we are to him sometimes. I'm making my own notes to share with his therapist. He's definitely earned his difficult child status today. The one thing he did that was brilliant - he used the sewing machine to baste one of the bridesmaid's dresses for easy child 2/difficult child 2. I was hoping to ask him to do another one tomorrow, but I think I'll be pushing my luck. easy child will need to leave by late morning, she said, I won't have time to finish basting her dress for her to try on before she leaves.

We'll have to organise another visit soon, so we can finish the dress.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Ladies!

Sharon, easy child got me hooked as well! We rented the movie and then she gave me all the books. Think I read the last three in under a week! Hope the sun comes out for you today!

TM, what's this? A day not totally filled for you? What the heck??!!!! Enjoy the little down time today - you don't get it that often.

Fran, great to hear from you this morning. The birds are happily singing here as well. Like Linda, I have a little bird sanctuary growing up in my backyard. A couple different types of feeders and a bath - nothing more relaxing that watching and listening.......Can you come and clean my cupboards next? I will supply some great coffee and nice meal afterwards?

Marg, sorry difficult child was at his "gfgish" today. It always makes bed more appealing at the end of the day.

Today is all about easy child. It's senior prom pampering day. She left about an hour ago for the hair salon. When she returns, I will give her a mani and a pedi. Let her choose which one she wanted a professional to do - hair or nails. Smart girl......

difficult child and I have been trying to see the new Terminator movie since it came out. We have committed to going once the 8 teens leave here for the prom. The four girls will be getting ready here and two of the boys as well. We have an hour scheduled for pics and some of the parents are coming for that.

I think difficult child and I will need to sit and veg for a couple hours after all that!!

Have a great Saturday everyone.

Sharon