Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends!

Happy Saturday. We are suppose to have a beautifully sunny day. No pool though as I am going to the dance performance of one of my students.

We had a peaceful night last night with difficult child gone to respite. I think he really likes this place-lots of kids-really good for him. husband, easy child, and I went to dinner with his sister and niece. Red Lobster-which I love-but would usually never eat the night before weigh in so I hope weigh in at work goes ok this morning.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

DDD

Good Morning. I don't do the morning post but once or twice every few years but noticed that this morning appears to be a sleepyhead morning and decided to say GM back to 'ya.

You get weighed in for work?? OMG! I'm almost afraid to ask..lol.

Sounds like your weekend is starting off just fine. Today I am not working and have a list of errands to run. Ugh! I'm off to get shampoo and Frontline for Ace and expect to get him bathed and squared away before we get ready for a wedding this afternoon. It is so so hot around here that I can't get enthused about pantyhose and dressup clothes!

At least I don't have to weigh in. ;) DDD

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Sharon/WO, the lobster dinner sounds lovely, you should have eaten something. You could always go for a long run afterwards and feel virtuous. Enjoy the peace with difficult child at respite.

DDD, good to see you on the morning thread. Enjoy the wedding! We've been plotting wedding stuff today. Skip the pantyhose, I never wear stuff like that in summer, not even for a wedding. Instead, wax the legs then go over them with bronzer.

We had a wet, cold day today. I'm still not well so I stayed home. I was dressed ready to do some shopping but the rain began again so I changed my mind (and my coat). Then the girls arrived - easy child 2/difficult child 2 and easy child, here to do some sewing on easy child's bridesmaid's dress for easy child 2/difficult child 2's wedding. We needed to visit a friend briefly to borrow a larger dressmaker's dummy (easy child is a big girl, so is daughter in law) so our kitchen waslooking corowded, with both girls and two dummies, each with a dress needing stitching.

I had the chance to pick easy child's professional brains about my broken rib and how I can manage things like getting dressed, driving etc. Very handy.

difficult child 3 was being a bit difficult, didn't want to run ewrrands or do any task that had him outside in the cold and wet; complained he was getting a sore throat, which sounded like an excuse.

ONly now he's gone to bed with a high fever, a red sore throat and looking very unwell. I had given him the benefit of the doubt earlier when has asked my help to dose him with something that would stop him from getting sick - I gave him a Berocca boost. Looks like it was a bit late...

easy child didn't stay tonight, which means she had 6 hours driving today, just for the visit.

She rang tonight when she got home, to let us know she had arrived safely and also to suggest an alternative birthday present for me - tickets to Simon & Garfunkel's tour! But husband scotched it and I had to reluctantly agree - the tickets would be for next Tuesday night and I'm just not well enough to go out at night. Not even for the magic duo.

I wouldn't be able to sing along, anyway.

So we're probably going to compromise with tickets to Wicked, in a few months time when it comes to Sydney.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, dinner last night sounds wonderful. Enjoy your respite weekend.
DDD, dress cool for the wedding.
Marg, your family is really being hit with some bug this year. I have a dressmaker's dummy if you need it. ;)

It's to be a hot muggy day. My nieces are coming over to help with yard work & do their laundry (go figure). All in all it's an even trade as they are taking kt to their place tonight to have a cousin's slumber party.

My laundry room is about complete (flooring is 2 days late). I insisted the washer/dryer be installed yesterday & it's wonderful. Brand new appliances right off my kitchen. I finished 4 loads of laundry yesterday.

Once K & T (my nieces) get here we're heading over to the city mulch center & getting free mulch & compost. I have a small garden of flowers that kt helped me plant & I want it mulched to stop the weeds & save water.

Enjoy your Saturday all.

Andy

GOOD MORNING - WELL WHAT IS LEFT OF IT - TO ALL
:D:D:D
Wiped Out - Sounds like a wonderful night for all. Good luck with weigh in.

DDD - I hope you get all your morning chores done. I gave up on pantyhose right after Diva was born. I wore dresses up until then. Now I wear floor length skirts/dresses and no pantyhose.

Marg - Sorry about the concert. S & G would have been great. Maybe you can get a CD or DVD and have a private concert in your home that night.

Timer - New appliances sound great. I am glad your nieces are taking Kt under their wings.

It is 10:30 am here. Morning came late for me. I was up several times checking for Diva. She had told me she was going the gym alone and I did not like that idea. I don't think it wise or safe for a young lady to be at a gym in the middle of the night without back up -even in small town USA. She ended up being at a bonfire.

I sorted through some clothes, did dishes, and made breakfast this morning before hopping on here.

difficult child is going to take down his tent and help his dad mow the lawn later this afternoon/evening.

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.