Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:

Saturday is finally here!! I'm up early as usual because of work and am wishing I was still snuggled in under my blankets! What a strange night of dreams I had, seriously they made no sense and were all over the place and very vivid. I woke up feeling like I had actually done all of the things in the dreams.

Big football game today, Michigan plays Michigan State and I'm really hoping we win especially since we lost last year and it's a huge rivalry. After the game it will be time for a quick nap before heading to the health club.

Tonight it's popcorn and horror movies:frenkenstein:. husband is so excited that it is October because he says it is the month we need to watch all of our horror films. Last night he watched The Making of the Exorcist.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:flower:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- I hope you enjoy the game and movies... don't forget to sneak in a nap!

I have altar guild today and then I might run into the grocery store for a few things. Other than that... I'm all about the cleaning today! I don't know what to do about Duckie, though, for Sunday. She had a minor asthma attack yesterday at the end of the school day. It became apparent during the evening that she's coming down with another cold. Should I bundle her up and put her in rain gear for tomorrow's football game? She's not horribly ill, but...?

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Sharon/WO, could there be a connection with watching horror movies, and having such a disrupted night of sleep that you remember your dreams in such vivid detail? Just a thought...

TM, could Duckie's asthma attack be connected to your cleaning? husband gets very congested when we stir up the dust for any reason. Also, re her attending the game - bundling her up is less of an issue, than considering the qualitiy of the air she would be breathing. For example in our post-recovery from whooping cough, husband & I are both finding that breathing cold air is making it a lot worse. My mother's asthma was always made worse with cold dry air.

We are now back from the western satellite city with its historic sandstone buildings. easy child 2/difficult child 2's wedding went off brilliantly apart from a hitch with one of the wedding rings - I missed part of the service, as did husband in turn, while we went off searching the cars for it while the celebrant stalled for time and ad-libbed.
easy child 2/difficult child 2 looked fabulous, the dress looked better on her than it does on the model in the catalogue. The flowergirl never had her afternoon nap but still partied on the dance floor with the bride (easy child 2/difficult child 2 and her mini-me) until it was time for the bridal couple to go change.

I am so proud of her and her HUSBAND (I have to go change my sig now) with the way they planned every little detail, including such things as needing to have their luggage packed and organised for the honeymoon including fussing about what to NOT put in the cabin luggage). So many things, all falling into place. And even when things went wrong (such as losing her job) she stayed on top of things and did not fall apart as she would have in the past. If this keeps up she may have to lose the difficult child tag...
I'll post a link to some photos when they become available. The photographer handed difficult child 3 a (very expensive) "backup" camera and told him to go crazy taking photos. I don't think he expected much, especially since you just about needed a pilot's licence to drive the thing, but he was so impressed with difficult child 3's photos he said he will give him some money for every copy ordered, of the ones he took. He also said he wants him to be his assistant for a day (paid). We have known for a while that difficult child 3 is a talented photographer; we didn't think he was that good yet.

Today we have been recovering (and travelling back home). Tonight we had a surprise 21st birthday for one of husband's nieces (she and her younger sister did a highland dance for the wedding). We were at mother in law's for it, easy child & SIL1 plus difficult child 1 & daughter in law were there too. easy child& SIL1 are staying tonight then heading home to Canberra in the morning.

Everyone seems to be coughing and/or wheezing. People are blaming the aftermath of the dust storm.

Tomorrow husband & I are gonig for an all-day steam train ride - the Cockatoo Run. It's our 'first date' anniversary too, which was on a steam train 35 years ago. We are bringing difficult child 3 with us but we'll still be able to have a romantic time, difficult child 3 won't cramp our style.

The lovely sunny weather we've been having vanished on the morning of the wedding - it rained on and off from mid-afternoon and is still going to continue tomorrow. However, the Cockatoo Run takes us to the Southern Highlands which are beautiful even in the rain (a very wild European feel to the area) but also may actually be drier than the coast.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Marg

tiredmommy

Marg- I haven't cleaned all week (!!!). Also, we're forecast to have temps in the low 50's with rain. That probably won't help her cold. As for the asthma... she has cough variant asthma which can be triggered be a post nasal drip irritated her throat and bronchial tubes.

TPaul

Idecor8
A good saturday morning to all of you,
Well we survived the week with a stomach virus amongst us, even I who just bragged last week to a co worker at the antique shop that I seem to never catch the bugs the kids get, :surprise:, open my big mouth and got a big old virus in it, LOL LOL!!!

Well I will be working all day at the antique shop today instead of a partial day, but that is all right. It makes up the partial hours I missed over the last two day I missed. So it all works out in the end.

Seems as if my wife will have her hands full today. Four of the five kids are already up and bouncing off the walls. I am glad that my cell is not working and the new one will not be here till at least monday, lol lol, she will not be able to call me complaining about the kids driving her crazy!:angry-very:

Got to get the front three rooms cleaned some this evening. The TV room, Living Room, and my home office I make sure are all clean and neat!! And my half of our bedroom. wife has the kitchen, wash room and her half and the kids rooms. Well at least half the house will be cleaned after I get it done tonight, LOL LOL ssshhhhh I hope she is not listening, :redface:

Have a great day
T. Paul