***Good Saturday Morning***

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

It's been a sleepless night so I've been going thru old files; scanning some into my computer & then shredding.

My sis & her husband along with grandniece went over to stay at my niece's house while my dad is staying here. The plan today is to put up gutters on my garage (Dad & brother in law) while my sis & the girls all go to the BooZoo. Trick or treating at the zoo.

I'm staying here & trying to figure out something for dinner - haven't a clue. May get the making for a pot of stew & get it going in the crock pot along with an apple walnut cake. Sounds yummy, doesn't it?

I'm leaving soon to hit the bagel store for fresh hot bagels for breakfast with Dad.

Have a good day, all. Hope all your difficult children are cooperative & that you have a fun family day.

Marguerite

G'day, Linda.

the crockpot sounds like a good plan for dinner. It leaves your day free to get everything else done.

I've been a bit preoccupied lately, got some problems to work out. I can't go into details, tomorrow could be a bad day. Or a good one. Wish me luck!

I'll be maybe a bit more 'present' in a week or two.

Have a good Saturday.

Marg

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee2:

Linda- I think the crock meal sounds great! Have fun with the family today.

Marg- I hope it turns out to be a good day for you after all. Fingers crossed.

I've got to finish making my grocery list and get moving here. I'm a little wiped out from staying up late to attach the patches from Duckie's old Brownie vest to her new sash. I still have one to do but just can't face it (my hand actually cramped up!).

I'll be picking up a few of the scouts to go to a nearby volunteer fire company's open house. It'll be great fun. :crazy2:

Have a great day. Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Linda, it does sound like a full and fun day for you :) Apple walnut cake... I think I have directions to your place here somewhere... ;)

Marg, whatever you're dealing with, I hope everything turns out in your favor. Maybe you can share with us when it all blows over.

TM, I'd be tempted to use some kind of fusible tape to attach patch. Or perhaps enlist Duckie's help in doing this. It may not look perfect, but at least she feels part of the process and learns an important skill... Hope the girls enjoy the outing and that you get some time to rest afterwards!

We have our usual busy schedule of three soccer games, and it's our turn to provide half-time and post-game snack for difficult child 1's team. Then this evening husband is taking the kids to a pro soccer game (L.A. Galaxy) with difficult child 2's team. The boys will get to parade around the field in a procession before the match, and I'm sure there will be lots of famous players there signing autographs (like Beckham and Donovan)! I also heard there's a drawing for a trip for two to South Africa for the FIFA World Cup in 2010 :)

I plan to stay home and use the time to putter around doing stuff I'm waaaay behind on. Either that or just veg. Which I do far too much of lately!

Hope everyone has a great day!