Good Saturday Morning

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Apparently our server difficulties are continuing... I had a hard time getting on the site this morning. Duckie is still sick but her color is starting to look better and she doesn't seem quite as revved up. I have altar guild today and a ton of housework. Plus I'm getting a sewing craft ready for our girl scout meeting this week.

Have a great day! :salute:

Marguerite

It's been a surprisingly sunny day here today. I had to do a little shopping down the street, then came home and decided to go for a swim. It took some persuading to get difficult child 3 to come with me, but we did it.
The water was a little cool, I estimate about 23C. But I was glad to get some clean seaweed-infused seawater onto my almost-healed incisions. I've always done my utmost to get to the sea and immerse myself, as soon as I get doctor's clearance after surgery.

I'm still tiring a lot, I think it's the pain levels and perhaps not sleeping well because of the pain. But it is now getting noticeably better each day.

Tomorrow showers are forecast but I'm still going to take my swimsuit to church (our church is waterfront, on the beach). There will undoubtedly be others going for a swim afterwards. Also my swimsuit is more comfortable than wearing a standard bra at the moment!

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Marg

Marguerite

Sorry, TM. I'm glad Duckie's feeling better.

I checked before I posted, but in the time it took (ages!) for the post to register, yours must have got through. I'm up late tonight (this morning! Sunday!) because I wanted to make sure my post got through.

Could someone merge them please?

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning Marguerite, you swim in the ocean sounds lovely and relaxing.

My youngest came home for the night with 3 friends. They are driving to Philadelphia and thought mom's house was a good pit stop. It's lovely to see him. I suspect after being away from home for almost 3 yrs he is starting to feel a need to return "home" more often. He is a good boy.

difficult child has sent out many work applications this week. Fingers crossed. We visited a work skills training center. I loved the carpentry instructor. Unfortunately the waiting list is over 7 months with no definite start date. It could be a year. You can not be on the track for job search and the track for job training at the same time in this county. He can't be stagnant for another year. He is going to start with a tutor who has a private practice working on social skills with different age groups. She is a certified special needs teacher who is trained in the TEAACH method. I'm hoping it works. I guess I can never stop nudging. It's my nature.

The weather is definitely in spring mode although the air continues to be cold but the sun is gorgeous. The birds are busy, busy and buds are out. I have an oriental cherry tree that is beautifully displaying it's cascading pink buds over the little pond(otherwise known as Cowboy's water dish)

Have a beautiful day.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

TM-I'm glad Duckie is starting to feel better. Sounds like a busy day ahead for you!

Marg-An ocean swim sounds wonderful!

Fran-I'm glad you had a chance to see easy child! Will keep a good thought for difficult child with his job applications-sounds like he is really trying hard. The blossoms sound beautiful!

Health club and cleaning on the agenda for today and I promised difficult child I would play some Wii for him. It's going to be a gorgeous day here-sunny and mid 40s!!!! Much of our snow is going to melt!

Enjoy your Saturday!:peaceful:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Good morning all!!!

Let's see... Last night Weasel walked through the candle in our room and set herself on fire. PANIC ATTACK! She's fine, though smells and is a little singed. Bath time today!

Onyxx and husband got into it last night, too, but it was mostly confusion and misunderstanding. Jett and I took off to BFF & H's - they have all their kids this weekend - and had pizza and watched MIB. Unfortunately since they live in the country - and I do mean COUNTRY - their driveway is awful. Yesterday was quite sunny and warm, and a lot of the snow melted. By the time Jett and I left at 10 PM, it had re-frozen - and with their setup, I had to back down the 1/4-mile drive. Got stuck of course. BFF came out to help with his truck and did not listen to me when I told him - plastic car - they always town on a flatbed. Seeing a 6-foot, 270-lb man crawl under the front of a low-slung car in the night is rather humorous! And, no, there's no hook. He should have listened. Hee hee!!!

TM - I am sending good vibes to Duckie. I hope she is feeling better very very soon.

Marg - I wanna come swim! Years since I have been to the ocen.

Fran - Fingers crossed for difficult child. I know the feeling all too well.

WO - I wish I had the get-up-and-go to go to a health club. I tried one year, but it didn't work out so well. Just not into exercise... I get enough chasing the kids and menageris!

It's sunny again today. I can't wait for real spring!

LittleDudesMom

Hey all,

according to my normal schedule, it's not morning at all it's afternoon!!!!! I just logged on with difficult child's computer since mine is over at the apple store. I'm getting all my info from my old windows laptop transferred to my apple laptop. I go tomorrow for my "apple training" so should be back online tomorrow afternoon sometime. However, the book fair starts Monday and those of you that have been around with me the last seven years know I won't be on much (unless the school gets their wireless fixed this week and I can use the laptop there!).

My exBIL, his girlfriend, her son, and my two nieces should be here shortly....I've a full house this weekend! They are in town for a tournament and will be here till either tomorrow night (if their team looses) or Monday night if their team plays in the final game.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

Sharon