Good Saturday Morning!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Saturday!!

Whew-the weekend is finally here! It's suppose to be a rainy weekend here-I hope we don't get too much rain because on Monday we are taking a field trip to the school forest and we don't want to be hiking in the mud!!

Today husband and I are going to try to really get back to exercising and eating healthy. When difficult child was in the hospital it was hard to get in workouts (you would think it would be easier but by the time we would get home from visiting we had no energy left-and let's not talk about all the emotional eating.

I'm going to work in a bit and am going to face the dreaded scale but at least it will give me a starting point. I just hope I can get back on track like I was last year at this time.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- I hope you can start fitting in your workouts- I know they are a big stress buster for you.

Duckie and I are going to a clothing drive for girls scouts today. Then she'll go to a friend's house and husband and I will go to dinner at the lodge. I hope to get some allergy relief soon because my throat is raw from post nasal drip despite my taking medications. :ill:

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/WO, I hope you don't get too waterlogged this weekend. The hike will be one way to keep fit.

TM, I hope you find some good treasures at the sale today. Sorry spring is taking such a toll on you.

Today was another hot day although the weather changed this evening. It was supposed to be windy and wet, but there wasn't much wind and I only had to flick the wipers on twice, briefly, on the drive home from my writers meeting. My laptop computer is dying. At least the screen seems to be - somehow between home and my meeting, it went to sleep permanently and I couldn't wake it up. Then after an hour of trying, I got my startup screen and I began to get some work done. Then I lost the screen again. It's a Mac laptop, so you don't get the "blue screen of death" - it just stays black. Then it went to plaid - literally! I've never seen THAT before! Well, it IS very old, by computer standards. At least the hard drive will be recoverable. Maybe it's going to be an easy fix, just a new screen chip... fingers crossed!

We've got a busy day tomorrow. The Anzac Day dawn service means an early rise. Normally it's really cold in the Anzac pre-dawn, but although we've had a cool change through, our temperatures are still going to be in the 20s (Celsius). That's over 70F. I think we're going to have a very short winter this year!

Anzac Day is celebrated around Australia and New Zealand on 25 April every year. Every village, every town, every city has a gathering and remembrance, usually beginning at dawn. Schools have their own Anzac service (usually in the week before). TV broadcasts the march in the capital cities as well as the dawn service at Gallipoli in Turkey. We have a public holiday on Monday for Anzac Day, because this year it has fallen on a Sunday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzac_Day

So husband & I are heading to bed early, hopefully to get some sleep before we get up at 5 am. We're taking mother in law down to the dawn service to lay flowers on the cenotaph in memory of husband's father, who was a POW in WWII. Our village cenotaph overlooks the ocean and is tucked into a small patch of rainforest. I suspect it's where the Flying Fox colony has been living! I hope they don't get too noisy as they all go back to bed...

After the dawn service we might be heading down to the train track for a running day, it depends on how we feel. easy child & SIL1 are arriving mid-afternoon to stay the night. If we stay home we'll be able to take our time preparing dinner. I haven't been sleeping well because of the worsening shoulder pain. I'm due to have X-rays etc done on Tuesday.

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Ladies!

Sharon, how come you didn't mentioned your Saturday nap???

TM, enjoy your dinner tonight with hubby!

Marg, hope you and husband are sleeping up for tomorrow's big day!

Had a wonderful night last night grilling steaks with relatives.....difficult child is officially registered for high school and actually is taking about doing ROTC....his report card this week was great - Honor Roll! I'm very proud of his recent progress. Nice to be able to brag on the nonpc side of the family!!!!!!

easy child is teaching some swim lessons this morning and then is coming to finally, finally, finally, disassemble a wall in her old room. We had huge white plastic peg board screwed into the wall (plaster) where she had her collection of show tickets (music), show posters, and show pictures (that she took). I am having tons of painting done in the house next week and want to get her old room turned into another guest room. Currently it's white wainscoting on the bottom third of the room and deep red at the top. The deep red will not become navy. Got to get all that stuff off the wall so the painter can do the filling. Fortunately he is an expert in plaster repair!

Other than that, not much on the tap for today. difficult child and I rented a couple dvds from netflix so it's either 2012 or ZombieLand this afternoon!

Have a great day all!

Sharon