Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends!

I'm up early to go to work but will be done by 9:30. husband, easy child/difficult child, and I are going to breakfast when I get home. difficult child is at respite for the weekend so things are quiet here.

Later husband and I will go to the health club. Other than a nap not much else on the agenda for the day.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi Sharon, sounds like a lovely day. Enjoy breakfast.
I am up and waiting for the others to awaken. My cousins are finally at my house from Difficult Child. They are enjoying a bit of a break from the touring and seem to
really enjoy some of the differences in cooking and houses. I am pleased they are open minded.
difficult child is trying but his inability to speak or understand a foreign language really makes it difficult.
Hopefully, we will have a break from the weather soon.

Marguerite

G'day for Saturday.

Sharon/WO, the early start will mean that once you have work out of the way, you will be ready to go for a full and enjoyable Saturday. Enjoy the break from difficult child.

I had a full day. I got some work done this morning (in bed on the laptop) then headed out to my meeting. On the way I dropped in to the local op-shop trying to find a cut glass vase for easy child 2/difficult child 2's birthday. They just can't be found in the stores at the moment unless I want to pay really expensive crystal prices.

The meeting was effective, productive and mentally stimulating. It's a fairly exclusive fortnightly writing workshop. I sold a book, too. Not physically taxing, although I was tired by the time we finished. Drove home, had an hour's rest while I watched a couple of my favourite TV shows (and knitted) then we went to mother in law's to cook dinner (as usual). We just got back. I'm now back in bed on the laptop. It's cold at the moment, the wind chill factor we encountered while walking to mother in law's was breathtaking.

Tomorrow we hope to get to church but also need to clean up the yard from last week's severe winds. We've got a lot of debris. So much to do, and so little time... but if I get the chance, I can light my outdoor pizza oven and warm up the area while we work, plus burn off the small rubbishy bits of tree debris. husband is also chopping wood which we will take to easy child & SIL1's place whenever we visit. We take them firewood because our property produces it in quantity, and they have an open fire (need one in Canberra).

Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

Marg

Marguerite

G'day, Fran. You snuck in on me. I'm glad you're enjoying the family visit. It is difficult when difficult children have trouble with language differences. As long as he understands that different languages do exist!

Marg

M

ML

Sharon, enjoy your breakfast and workout. Fran I hope you enjoy your cousins. Marg, we are so fortunate that your share your amazing gift of writing with us. I just love reading everything you write.

I woke up early and manster spent the night at grammy's last night so I get the computer! I plan to clean the house and get in a workout! I'm down to 9 pounds and about 5 to go.

Wishing everyone a bright late summer Saturday.