Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Winter break has finally arrived! Of course, I'm up really early because I am working for ww this morning (hate the thought of getting on that scale). Mostly I am very happy break is here as I really need it to catch up on some rest.

The part of me that isn't happy is the thought of 2 straight weeks with no real respite from difficult child (he's already up too, by the way). A friend of mine who also has a difficult child gave me a funny Christmas card. In it she wrote, "Most people look forward to winter break while Sharon and I shake in our boots."

After work we need to take our dog to the kennel and then we are heading to visit my mom today/tonight and tomorrow will go see my dad and his wife. We'll be back Sunday evening some time.

Wishing everyone a peaceful weekend!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Have a safe trip WO. Hope you enjoy yourself, although sitting in a car with difficult child's can be less than fun.
We often asked the assistants who worked with difficult child in school if they would gfgsit? This way they know what they are getting into and it gave me some respite. It's hard to find but I asked everyone who seemed to have a connection with difficult child. Find a buddy for difficult child so that you get a break through the day from the intensity and to recharge.

I couldn't sleep so I'm up and already made a batch of chocolate biscotti and strained the lemon peels from the limoncello. Hopefully, these two will make a nice gift for the neighbors.
husband arrived home last night. He and easy child and I watched Miracle on 34th St. easy child hadn't ever seen it. Today difficult child and my middle sis is arriving from Texas.
Let the wild rumpus begin!!!!!!!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, enjoy your time with family. Listen to Fran's advice ~ I've used staff here during some emergencies (they were off the clock - god bless 'em).

Fran, like you I'm having the sleep issue. I haven't made biscotti but am working on sugar cookies. Have fun with your family all together.

A rather sleepless night. A day ahead with kt needing to work hard to catch up with her school work. AND I need to get out shopping today as the storm last weekend practically closed everything up here. Do not look forward to the crowds.

I'm baking/cooking many of my gifts. Lots of candies, cookies & home made bagel chips. Love the bagel chips. Hoping to get my tree up today ~ decorating will happen tomorrow.

Have a good one friends.