Good Saturday morning....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
from cold MN. :cold: It's below zero something - who really cares what anymore? After a certain point it's just plain cold - I don't need a number behind the minus sign. :smile:

As we have pretty much anything & everything needed here there is no need to head out anywhere today. kt is coming down with a cold & I'll be pushing a low key day. I have batches of sugar cookie & peanut butter kisses dough in the freezer ready to be baked & decorated. :gingerbread:

I have a few sketches I'm working out for watercolor painting. That will be on my agenda today in between naps.

Group foster home is down with the influenza - they all got their shots. Foster mum called to give me a heads up.

Have a fun Saturday. :sled:

Marguerite

G'day, Linda and all to follow.

When the going gets cold, the tough get cooking, eh? I hope you manage to get some painting in today, as well.

We've had a busy day, finishing with a Christmas party at difficult child 1's church. He introduced us around to a lot of people he wanted us to meet, I think he really feels we would all be happy if we switched to his church - no way is that going to happen. They do value him there, though, which was lovely to see.

Busy day tomorrow - train club Christmas party. We're packing a light picnic and having a quiet-ish day without the crowds. The year is getting busy. More thunderstorms forecast, which could cancel the party, but so often they're dry. When they're wet, though, they're really wet - we're still in shock over the inch of rain we got in ten minutes the other day! A lot of this has been falling in the dams - our water supply is now over 50% capacity now, really good. Now if they could only get some of this rain out back...

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:xmasdancers: Good Saturday Morning Ladies!!!

Linda, I don't even want to tell you what our temps are going to be (:slap: add 60 degrees to yours) Definately sounds like a good day to bake and paint!

Marg, I think it's wonderful that support difficult child at his place of worship. I used to have this discussion with my mother for years (I've given up now :faint:) regarding my choice of faith/church. I was raised a Catholic, went to catholic schools all my life, but when I had my easy child and began to look for a family friend church, I found the one I am a member of now. It's not Catholic, but it is Christian. My mother used to say things like "Oh, it's a shame none of my children goes to Catholic church" I always said "Mom, you should be happy your children go to church." It's not where you go, it's that you go that I deem important.

Well, I had a little sicko :ill: home with me yesterday. His cold was pretty bad and I knew he felt miserable so I let difficult child stay home. It didn't stop me though from getting a miriad of errands and chores done! He wasn't too sick that he was demanding!!

Today I've one more batch of fudge to make - chocolate is done, peanutbutter chocolate is done, now just peanut butter remains. I have to replace a couple blinds upstairs - I purchased them yesterday, going to get easy child to help me put them up this morning. Want to take a picture of the kids for the Christmas cards (they are stuffed, addressed and stamped-just waiting for a picture). There is not much else on the agenda.

Hope everyone finds some time to relax today, or at least this weekend. :rudolph:

Shaorn

tiredmommy

Good morning Linda, Marg & Sharon! :xmasdancers:
I'll be running out the door in a bit for the start of a very long & hectic day:
Story time with the guy in the red suit at the library :santa:
Lunch & change clothes :sushi:
husband takes Duckie to a birthday party while I head over to the church for a new priest's ordination and reception. :angel:
Head home, eat some supper with the family & get Duckie to bed. :sleeping:
Make pasta and salad for a potluck tomorrow at church. :spaghetti:

I'm exhausted already! :bloodshot:

Have a great day. :snowman:

Fran

Former desparate mom
:gingerbread: Good Morning my friends. Hope you are feeling some Christmas spirit. With every step I feel more like it's Christmas.

Linda, we spent one looooooong winter in Mn. husband says "never again". LOL :sled: We are definitely not that hardy anymore. Hope your cookies come out yummy.

Marge, how lovely that difficult child introduced you and feels that connection.

LDM, sorry to hear difficult child wasn't feeling well. It's always nice to be with mom when you aren't feeling well. Your fudge sounds yummy. It's going to be balmy here so we are going to do some outside stuff.
I think your mother is of the generation where one could only be associated with one church or you are a sinner. You can't change a cultural and societal mindset very easily. We always felt it was how you lived your life that was the best way to honor your belief system. My mom doesn't get it either. Oh well, she had her chance with her kids and now it's my chance with my kids. Can't wait to see where my kids go with this. LOL. I'm sure I will be horrified.

:santa: Hope you are busy enjoying the holiday preparations and the difficult child isn't making you too crazy.

Sue C

Good Morning ladies!

It's been a long time since I've joined in on the good morning thread. Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Saturday!

Tonight we'll be going to our church's Christmas play. Melissa is supposed to come along and bring Brandon of all people. We shall see. He has a habit of cancelling on her and then, of course, she won't go. But husband and I will go and enjoy ourselves.

Enjoy your day!
Sue

mstang67chic

Going Green
Good cold morning everyone!

I don't have much time so I can't answer all individually but I hope you get everything done you need to and have a good weekend. Today is difficult child's Christmas dance so I have some errands to run for that. Also have two birthday parties that hopefully I'll be able to at least drop in at and make an appearance. There's also one tomorrow.......sigh. (I really hate December birthdays! LOL)

I'll be sure to get some pics of difficult child and his date (he looks pretty sharp in his suit!) and post them somewhere. I've got a post up on the Watercooler asking for help on that, if any of you techie wizards are feeling generous today!

Enjoy your day!