Good Sunday morning, friends .....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Another "chilly" morning on tap for us - I know it was 14 below zero at some point last night. Doesn't matter really - after a certain point....cold is just cold.:eek:

Not much happening here; yesterday kt & I made a quick library run & had to stop by the pharmacy & were home, huddled again under quilts & reading.

PCA had never made chili so husband volunteered to teach PCA the "right" way to make chili. I sat & watched the 2 of them while kt played & watched television. It was amusing & extremely tasty.

My contribution (along with kt) was to make cornbread muffins - very fun time in the kitchen.

Today will be another stay in, stay warm day. I do know that husband is heading out to visit wm this afternoon.

Enjoy your Sunday. Here's to a warm peaceful day with cooperative difficult children & all your plans coming to fruition.:rolleyes:

LittleDudesMom

:) Good Morning Linda and all to Follow :)

It's cold here too this morning Linda - not as cold as in your neck of the woods but with the little snow we got yesterday, churches are cancelling their Sunday services left and right! Sounds like a good day for you to stay in - keep warm ;)

I'm watching the news to see if our church is cancelling this morning. easy child is singing this morning and doing a special reading. I need to know about waking her early for practice! Irregardless of whether church is cancelled, my SS class will still be feeding the homeless tonight. They may be coming in early than expected because of the cold weather.

We had a nice relaxing day yesterday and hope to continue the trend!!!

Wishing you all a great Sunday :)

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
good morning Linda and Sharon. I'm looking around at the new format on the site. It will be fun to explore. :eek:

I woke up about 4:30 and have been reading the manual for my new phone so I know what the heck I'm doing.

No news for difficult child so that must be good.

easy child and husband returned home safe and sound and no worse for the snow.

Hope your day is pleasant.

tiredmommy

Good morning Linda and Sharon and all to follow.:)
Linda- We're getting a bit of your cold today, we'll be in the single digits. Brrr! I'll be making chili, pasta and salad when the family heads over later,
Sharon- It's good your teens will still be doing their service project today. The homeless really need it on a day like today.
Well, my little Duckie is 7 years old today! :DIt's hard to believe how big she's gotten and how far she's come! I thank the folks at this site for helping me transform her from a raging, angry and easily frustrated preschooler to a beautiful, wonderful young lady in the making. The improvement in her behavior has been astounding!
Have a great day!:cool:

SaraT

Good Morning All.

I am currently trying to figure out this new format. Haven't gotten the smilies figured out, and the avatars seem to be missing. I'll figure it out eventually. lol

Very cold here.(Wind chills of -10 to -20). A good day to stay in and do nothing.

Have a good day all.

Marguerite

G'day, all. This is going to take me some time to get used to. it's late, it's already Monday here and our wedding anniversary - 30 years! husband & I are taking off for the day and exploring Sydney, parts we've never been to. I want to check out Pinchgut, aka Fort Denison. It is probably going to rain, but it's a warm rain. Got caught out in it this afternoon - was out on my scooter at mother in law's when a storm broke and boy, did it bucket down! Got drenched going home, despite the big poncho raincoat I spread over me and the scooter, both, with just my head in a hood on top. It's my "bat out of H*ll" image, dark cape flying in the wind and the rain. husband had given me his computer thumb drive and some other precious electronic bits to keep dry under the poncho, he shoved them into my bra. But even with the poncho, the rain was pouring down into the 'valley' and I had to move the electronic stuff to 'higher ground'. There was so much rain that even with the hood, my face was so wet it was like trying to open my eyes underwater. If it hadn't been for the scooter needing the electric circuitry protected from the rain, I wouldn't have worried about the poncho.

husband followed me, without a raincoat, and was wet so he figured it was as good a time as any to clear the gutters! He says that way, the continuing rain rinses them clean. When he finally came inside, he looked like a drowned rat.

Our rainwater tank was overflowing, the gutters were overflowing, I put a bucket under the waterfall of the overflowing gutter and the bucket overflowed.

Sunday is one of the two days of the week when our hoses may be used - no need, today!

Before the rain we had a lot of hot sun, but it is very steamy here, reminds me of Singapore in monsoon season. If we get wet then so be it, we will dry soon enough without feeling chilled. It's just like going for a swim fully clothed.

easy child 2/difficult child 2 was about to head out for a walk in the rain (fully clothed) when it stopped and the sun came out again. Poor girl - maybe if it rains tomorrow at a convenient time for her, she will get her wet walk. I know we sound odd, but after a long, hot, steamy day there is nothing better than to dance in the rain!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone. husband & I are partying on our own in the big city in a few hours' time.

Marg

Sue C

Good Morning Everyone!

The windchill here at 8 am is 25 degrees BELOW ZERO!!! It is C-O-L-D!!! I can't wait until the Packers play the Giants this afternoon. I am soooooooooooo excited!!! Go Brett!

Sue

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning everyone!

I don't know the temp, but it's bitter cold here - my burner won't shut off! H made a fire in the stove, so hopefully we won't use up all our oil today. Jeesh~

easy child and home visiting with her boyfriend. I think difficult child has trouble in paradise with monkeyboy. We're all kind of trapped in the house together today and I'm a little grouchy. I think I will try and lay low for most of the day.

Happy Birthday Ducky!

Have a good one~