Good Sunday morning, friends

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

It's a day of rest ahead for all of us - hope you all take advantage of it sometime today.

In the meantime, I'm up ridiculously early waiting for the hmj to finish brewing. :coffee2::coffee: Looking forward to that first sip.

Yesterday was a dreary, still snowing slightly day. No one wanted to do anything. Both kt & I showered then got back into our pj's to watch a couple of chick flicks. She headed up to her room to play a new computer game .

I painted :painter: all afternoon. I'm practicing, really just playing around with new backgroud ideas, textures, values & such. I found a masking frisket & am playing around with that as well. I'm no longer allowed in an art supply store with-o adult supervision (according to husband - yeah, right!).:bigsmile:

husband spent the afternoon out in the garage cleaning off his workbench & getting ready for woodworking season. HE's got plans!

It's to be a restful day today. kt's got a couple of loads of laundry & then a special project for me for which I'll pay her $10. She wants more songs for her phone mp3 player.

husband is off to visit wm (wish I could go along) & given the little amount of sleep I've had so far tonight I think I might be napping.:sleeping: Not such a bad thing.

Enjoy your Sunday. I hope you all have a peaceful calm day. Find a reason to smile today - it's good for the spirit.

smallworld

Good Sunday morning Linda and all who follow . . .

Linda, sounds like a busy restful weekend. Hope kt completes her special project and you get a nap in. Sorry it's still snowy where you live.

Spring has finally sprung here in the Nation's Capital. We hit the high 70s yesterday, and it felt glorious. husband took J, A and a friend to a National's baseball game in the new stadium. The Nats lost miserably, but a good time was had by all. M and I stayed behind to attend her cello lesson and dance class. We also had a treat at Starbucks and later baked blueberry muffins.

Not too much on the agenda today. J and A have to do homework (ugh!), and I'm going to menu plan and hope to get in a grocery shop for the week. I'm also planning to get in some exercise. M is running in a 5K race in mid-May, and she needs a parent chaperone. husband has bad knees so that leaves me.

Hope your day is peaceful. Hi if you snuck in.

LittleDudesMom

:queen:Good Morning Linda, Small and all to Follow!!

Linda, sounds like a really restfull weekend at you house. Hope that nap materializes for you :sleeping:!

Small, it's wonderful to have spring back isn't it? A little cooler this morning though. easy child and I will be right there with you :treadmill:! Her friend is joining the gym with and she wants easy child to go with her for the first time. I figured I would go and just do the treadmill. Never been to the gym on a Sunday! Hope you get your weekly meal planning and shopping done as well. Enjoy your Sunday.

Not too bad a day planned here. Today is a special service at church to acknowledge the mentor program that difficult child has been particpataing in since the fall. Like at Small's house, difficult child has a little homework today. easy child and I will hit the gym for a little after church. That's about all that's planned.

Gotta share a movie we watched last night. My cousin came over and difficult child was "checking out" the new chair and watching tv with me in the family room. We decided to find a movie that we could all watch together and chose "August Rush". What a wonderful movie! It's definately a movie you can watch with your kids. It's about a little boy's search for his parents, but it is so much more than that! It's communication through music..... It features Jonathan Ryes Meyer, Robin Williams, Terrence Howard, Keri Russell, and more! It's wonderful. I highly recommend it.

Wishing everyone a relaxing and peaceful Sunday :salute:.

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Linda, sounds like you're really enjoying pottering around with paints. Carry on, ignore the detractors and maybe buy your own paint store - you'll HAVE to be allowed in then!

Smallworld, I'm glad you're enjoying spring at last. And it's a good plan to work up to the mother-daughter marathon in May. Although 5 Km doesn't quite make marathon status.

We've had storms around all day, although not a lot of rain in them. Quite spectacular to look at, though.

At church today we talked to a few people, looks like we have catering and flowers organised now as well, for difficult child 1's & girlfriend's wedding. We need to sit the kids down to talk to people, work out what they want. November's wedding date will catch up to them really fast, if they don't get organised now.

I just watched 60 Minutes, which also gave an update on a story from last week, which, not surprisingly, has been getting a lot of comment ever since. I won't go into details here but will post on Watercooler. I don't want to put you off your breakfasts.

Do enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning everyone. Hope you find this a lovely Sunday at your house.

Linda, sounds like you have become quite the artist. Good for you. I'm sure it's really progressing and gives you a sense of accomplishment. Hope spring comes your way.

Smallworld, Way To Go joining easy child with the 5K. I always wanted to do that but it may be too late now. husband has done those several times as a motivator for getting in shape. Mini triatholons are his favorite. He is a better biker than runner but it's all good. Exercise is exercise. I bet the game in the new stadium was fun. I decided I have to go see the Durham Bulls just so I can say I did it. I'll be looking for Susan Saradon. LOL.

LDM, sounds like a good movie. I'll have to try it. I have seen the previews and thought it looked good. Enjoy your gym visit, church visit and the spring day.

Marguerite, hope you get some rain. I'm sure the cooler weather is appreciated by the end of summer.

difficult child e mailed about a broken cord to his laptop. My response was "what should you do about it". He was annoyed I didn't pick up the phone despite not being home. His message was less than polite. By the time I got back to him, he must have realized he was being rude. He was contrite.

husband and I are out of town for a few days. It's lovely in S.C. Never been here before. We did get rained on yesterday but hopefully today will be rain free.

Hope there is a peaceful moment in your day today.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Sounds like a nice day yesterday-not weatherwise but staying in pajamas, watching movies, and painting!

SW-Sounds like an absolute beautiful day you had yesterday! Spring isn't here yet so it's good to hear it is somewhere! I hope the 5k goes well today.

Sharon-The day you have planned sounds peaceful. Glad you are getting to the club. Our club on Sundays seems to be a bit less busy than the other days.

Marg-I enjoy a good thunderstorm now and then. I hope the wedding plans fall together nicely.

Fran-I'm glad difficult child was contrite. One of our laptops has a broken cord too. It's the fourth or fifth time that has happened with that laptop. Glad you and husband are enjoying the nice SC spring!

The sun is finally shining here. I never thought it would-however-it's still only 30 degrees right now. I do hear that 60s and possibly 70s are in the forecast for later this week.

Made a yummy shrimp stir-fry for easy child and me last night since husband is on his weekend away and doesn't like seafood.

I also went to Church yesterday so today my main thing is going to the health club. I seem to be getting back on track as I went to the club Friday and Saturday. I may bake some cookies today as I am on treat duty for tomorrow's staff meeting. The only problem is then I'll eat the cookie dough!!

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day with many reasons to smile!