Good Sunday Morning - I think?

Andy

GOOD MORNING ALL!

:D:tongue::D
Am I seeing correctly? No one has started the morning thread yet? Maybe I have another "same time friend" doing so at this second? Mods can merge mine with that one if that is the case.

Yesterday I found the kitchen and dining room. Very deep cleaned the dining room (o.k. left a few areas alone like under the desk but I had a time line to reach). I also took the kids to eat, bowl, and swim. husband cleaned the bathroom that noone will be even thinking about going in and his office -again no one will even look at! I have no idea what he did while we were gone. He waited until I got home to start vacumming and then wondered why he was "done" before I got the next vacumming section ready. Then he also complained because he had to revacuum. Stupid! Wait until the cleaning is done - of course you will have to revacuum if you vacuum first! I also had to call him back to lots of very obvious places that needed vacuuming. I so hate house cleaning! difficult child washed the bathroom floor but you wouldn't be able to tell. Why bother having family help, you have to redo it anyway! Now he wants to know where the junk at the front door is going to go! It is almost 7:00 and we have to be a church before 8:30 - the junk can stay! I still have to straighten the living room couch somewhat. I think brother in law may want to watch a game on the big screen? Why was husband not working when I was gone? Oh yeah, like a kid, he was concentrating on the parts of the house that no one will be in!

O.K. Icky cleaing vent over and done with - We have up to 13 people for lunch today. Couldn't find steaks that we could afford so are grilling out hamburgers. I forgot to buy hamburger buns so who ever does that (husband or a sister) can pick me up an onion also. I will have sliced onions and cooked bacon and cheese squares along with the condements.

I am making a taco salad, will have brown beans, and ice cream and toppings for dessert.

difficult child graduates from 6th grade today. Normally not that big a deal that is why the small gathering. However, husband will be handing him his certificate so that adds a special twist.

I better get going - difficult child needs to eat before getting dressed in his suit and tie. I hope Diva gets up and gets to church but I doubt it. We invited her boyfriend but he will need her to pick him up (he doesn't drive) and she has been saying he can not come. Drama drama drama! Not sure if he wants the family to meet him! Oh please! Give me a break! Glad I never had friends I wasn't sure I wanted my family to meet! Hope he comes. Oh yes, the neighbors are also invited. Neighbor girl wants her aunt to meet my twin sister.

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Andy- Congrats to difficult child! So sweet that husband hands him his certificate. Have fun at your get-together!

We have a congregational meeting this morning at 10am with a communion service to follow so I'll have the kids for quite a while this morning. It's also my last time teaching Sunday School before I "retire". Duckie and a friend will have a bake sale after church... it should be fun.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Andy, enjoy your barbecue. I also agree, save the vacuuming until you've finished making a mess. I always need to vacuum after making pasta, for example. That's why we got a dustbuster, it's easy to grab to do those small areas that need a quick go-over.

TM, enjoy your retirement, I hope they do a celebration for you.

I've had husband & difficult child 3 still sick with these coughs and colds. husband was off work on Friday, looks like being off work tomorrow as well; in which case, he has to see a doctor for a certificate. But his doctor is where he works in the city, our village doctor is likely to be booked out (it IS flu season, after all) and my doctor is likely to be busy. We may need to take him to a clinic which will require a long drive (our main road off the "island" is blocked by roadworks during business hours for a few weeks). It's crazy - he's too sick to go to work, so really he's too sick to have to travel to see a doctor. Just another demonstration of our ridiculous shortage of doctors...

difficult child 3 finished his assessment task today, right on sunset. I had left him at home (with husband) while I went to church. We had a congregation meeting which I stayed for, I got home to find mother in law visiting husband, she'd baked a pie.

I'm feeling a bit bleah this evening, I'm wondering if I'm coming down with the bug.

husband gave difficult child 3 his old laptop computer (he waited until the assessment task had been completed) and now I can't get difficult child 3 to go to bed until he's finished configuring the laptop to his personal preferences!

Like father, like son...

I still have some moderately urgent gardening to do - some heirloom tomatoes are currently swamping the vegetable bed, and I need to transplant them, I might have to quickly put in an impromptu tomato bed against a sunny wall and hope the plants survive winter.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Andy-I understand your cleaning vent. I'm lucky husband does such a good job cleaning, but help from the kids, forget it! Congrats to difficult child on his 6th grade graduation:)

TM-Enjoy your morning with the kids. I "retired" from teaching Sunday school quite a while ago.

Marg-I'm sorry all of you are not feeling well. I hope you all feel better soon. I love to hear about your seasons, I'll just be planting my tomatoes in a few weeks.

Went to church this morning and am now going to lay down for a nap. After that the health club, mow the lawn, and meal planning and the grocery store.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: