Good Sunday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :gingerbread:
I'm about to hop into the shower and head out to church. The Sunday School does their little Christmas presentation today and I have a lot to do! :santa: The good news is that I only have one bathroom to clean and two floors to wash and I'm ready for Christmas morning!!! :xmasdec:
Wish us luck, we have a wind storm and possible lake snows later today. :cold:
Have a great day! :xmasdancers:

Fran

Former desparate mom
:santa: Good Morning TM. Stay warm and hope you miss the snows since everyone is busy these next few days. :cold:

Our luminary night had to be cancelled because of our severe drought. :sad: Disappointing but necessary.

In laws seem happy to visit NC and see their grandson's. Their grandson's both difficult child and easy child seem to be enjoying their grandparents. :xmasdancers:

I can tell what day it is based on the menu. Today is lasagna, must be Sunday. LOL. :spaghetti:

It's always an amazing amount of food.

Have a lovely day. Take the time to find a peaceful moment. I know I will need it later in the day.
As they say in Dinotopia "breathe deep, seek peace". :xmasdancers:

Marguerite

G'day Sharon. Enjoy your church service. I hope you get a white Christmas but not TOO whit!

We missed church this morning, in favour of a belated birthday party/early Christmas party for a young friend of ours. We were at one of our local beaches, a historic/nature site just reopened today. New amenities but still peaceful, right on a lovely estuary beach where the kids can paddle out a really long way and still only be up to their knees. difficult child 3 joined in a game of cricket with a large family group (total strangers but they seemed OK with him - called him "Harry Potter" because the resemblance is uncanny). We tried to sit in the shade but still got a bit too much sun. I'll be brown in the morning but I'm going to ask husband to anoint me with oil, especially on the bits I can't reach.

Tonight was our village combined churches carols night. A lovely night, in the village hall instead of where we used to have it - on the town beach. Insurance (or lack of) killed the beach festival a few years ago. One of our local singers, a professional jazz & blues singer (and former fire brigade captain!) sang her version of "The Christmas Song" which she's re-worded for Australian conditions: "shoulders roasting in the summer sun, screen and zinc upon your nose..." or similar. She slipped away before I could beg a copy of the words. We had some Aussie Christmas carols as well as traditional ones. Afterwards there was supper, but we slipped away ourselves because it was late and we still hadn't had dinner. difficult child 3 wanted to photograph Christmas lights so he & I didn't get home for dinner until almost 10 pm!

It was a beautiful sunny day, with a cool breeze in the morning and evening to take the sting out of it. The water at the beach was very warm - I estimate about 75F - with lots of small hermit crabs scuttling everywhere, kids chasing them through the shallows.

It's heading for midnight, Christmas Eve almost here and we leave in the morning for Canberra and easy child's place (and BF1's). easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 leave for work early in the morning, they go straight from work to BF2's parents' place and Christmas Day next day. Then they will drive to Canberra for dinner with us, then back home next day because they have to be at work the day after.

So if I don't get to check in for a few days, have a wonderful Christmas and I hope you have peaceful, happy memories of the day with your families.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:xmasdancers: Good Sunday Morning :xmasdancers:

TM, have a lovely morning at church this morning! Christmas pageants and fellowship at church are my favs at Christmas time!!! The young children did that on the 16th at our church. This morning my teens and I are meeting to share a holiday breakfast. Have a memory-filled day :angel:!

Fran, glad the inlaws are in safely and the boys are enjoying them! My challenge is to keep difficult child seated at my mother's dining room table Christmas Day. She's having a really formal, several courses, meal. I'm already feeling anxiety about it........ Hope you find your peaceful molment :miseltoe:

Marg, love the Aussie words to "The Chrismas Song", that's a hoot. Have a lovely holiday and Merry Christmas :xgift:

I'll be running upstairs to get ready for church shortly. After church easy child and I have to run to the local gourmet grocer. I have to get a cake and pie to take to my moms for Christmas. They also have a fabulous floral department and they have the most gorgeous orchards. There is a young woman who lives next to my mom who has been a great support to mom over the last several months since she and her husband moved in. Mom has invited them over for dessert on Christmas and I wanted to get her something to show my appreciation for all she's done for my mom. Mom said her living and family rooms are done in an oriental style so I thought a lovely orchard would fit in.

After that the kids and I are going over to a friends house to visit and exchange gifts. After that, it'll be "evil chair", fireplace and a good movie!!!!!

Wishing everyone a relaxing Sunday. :gingerbread:

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

TM, love the pageants this time of year. Good luck this morning & keeping fingers crossed about the weather.

Fran, after all these years, I'm beginning to know what day it is when you announce lasagna. Enjoy the pasta. I know you'll find your moment of peace.

Marg, sounds like a wonderful day. The rendition of that song is a hoot!

Sharon, sounds like a busy but fun day for you & yours.

It's to be a quiet day here in tweedleville. Actually, I'm heading out early this morning while I can think clearly to pick up a couple of stocking stuffers for kt & wm.

The rest of the day will be spent cleaning - baking & decorating cookies. I'm hoping to put some finishing touches on a painting I've been working on for foster mum for Christmas.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-Sounds like a busy day for you, I hope you miss out on the snow!

Fran-I'm sorry the luminary night had to be canceled. Lasagna sounds delicious. We're having it tomorrow as it is our traditional Christmas Eve dinner.

Marg-I would love the words to that song!

Sharon-How nice of you to think of your mom's neighbor!Enjoy the movie and the fire!

Linda-Sounds like a nice day ahead.

I need to get the gang up in a bit (of course, difficult child is already up). We are supposed to go to my mom's today but the weather forecast has been horrible. It rained all day yesterday, then turned to sleet last night and snow this morning. It doesn't look as bad as they were expecting so maybe we will go. We'll get back sometime tonight.

I hope everyone enjoys a peaceful day! :rudolph: