Good Sunday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning! :coffee:

Sorry I missed the GM thread yesterday, I was up late after the fireworks, had altar guild early, and, horror of horrors, my coffee maker was leaking when I woke up! At least two cups made it into the carafe. I even shared with husband. :winks:

We spent our afternoon at Fort Niagara. Duckie loved hearing how the French Castle is haunted and seeing how the re-enactors were acting out the Siege of 1759. She even did a French Infantry Drill. It's good I don't let her play with guns, even wooden ones. She almost took out several other kids because she didn't realize how long the barrel was on her mock gun. :hammer:

I'm heading out to church today, then I hope for a quiet afternoon before Duckie starts handwriting camp tomorrow. Maybe I'll get some laundry done since I'm running out of clothes! :rofl:

Have a great day! :salute:

smallworld

Good Sunday morning!

TM, glad you have a quiet day planned. Hope you get that laundry done!

We have a quiet day planned as well. husband willl make pancakes as usual and then he wants to watch the Wimbledon championship on TV. We had hoped for a trip to the pool, but it's cloudy this morning. Maybe if it clears up this afternoon.

Hope you have a peaceful day. Hi if you snuck in.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-I remember loving Fort Niagra as a child. We used to go to Buffalo a lot and always saw the Falls but my parents only took me once to Fort Niagra. I loved it and hope to go again some day. I think my difficult child would love it. Enjoy your day and why do laundry-go shopping.:rofl:

SW-Enjoy your quiet day and husband's pancakes:D I hope it clears up so you can get to the pool.:beach:

I stayed up too late last night watching a movie (The Firm-I hadn't seen it in years) and reading til 1:00.:wildone:

Later this morning we are headed to brunch at some good friends. They are making omelettes and I made a trifle for dessert.

This afternoon we plan on taking difficult child to play basketball at the gym-it's become a routine. Then we have to get easy child back to campus by 5:00.

Wishing everyone a day filled with laughter and smiles.:icecream:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

TM, sounds like a really enjoyable outing. A haunted castle with re-enactment - sounds good fun!

smallworld, enjoy the pancakes. We watched the Wimbledon highlights on TV.

Sharon/Wiped, brunch and basketball sound like a really relaxing way to spend a summer Sunday.

We had a fun but busy Sunday here. Being 1st Sunday of the month, it was open day for our artists. I 'kidnapped' mother in law and we drove around town looking at local studios she's never seen. Some of them she loved; some were a bit too abstract for her. We only got about halfway when we called it a day and went home for a late lunch.

I'd had a chicken in the crockpot, so I pulled it out and made risotto with the hot stock and some of the chicken meat. Meanwhile husband & mother in law watched a DVD (our usual Sunday comedy afternoon). The movie finished at 4 pm so we took mother in law home and took some tools down with us, to do some urgent pruning before the trees wake up for spring. We got a great deal done in the hour before sunset.

Tomorrow we go shopping and I have to post difficult child 3's audition DVD FIRST THING if it's to get there in time. Then it's a busy day, packing in two doctors' appointments as well as shopping for a new DVD player - our old one died on Saturday night and we had to borrow difficult child 1's PS3 to play today's movie.

And we can't survive winter without a functioning DVD player!

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

slsh

member since 1999
Good morning all - just a quick hello to wish you all a happy and peaceful Sunday before husband and I move into our new (unfinished - I despise having to prime this drywall - it takes me forever!) bedroom. Last phase of the indoor remodel will be done this week and Boo can finally move out of the living room!!!

Enjoy the day with your families!

LittleDudesMom

;) Good Morning Friends,

TM, Fort Niagara sounds fun! Enjoy your mellow day - you don't seem to get many of them!

Small, bet those pancakes were yummy! I haven't made pancakes in ages....perhaps I'll put that on my meal plan for next weekend. If not the pool, perhaps a movie at home. I love movie time.

Sharon, have fun at the brunch today. I wanted to tell you that I caught a few of the Twilight Zone episodes the other day. You made me want to go over and check it out! Memories.........

Marg, sounds like a nice Sunday you had and a really busy Monday planned! Hope you get it all done and are not too fatigued when we hear from you tomorrow night.

Sue, hello to you! Glad to hear you are at 95% completion.

Quiet day planned here as well. Church at 11 and then the kids are meeting bonehead to go and see Hanncock. I've got a water aerobic class at 4:30. That's all I know for sure.....

Like Sue said, enjoy the day with your families :love-very:

Sharon

Today I have no kiddos with DS16 still in treatment and DS10 with my parents for the next few weeks...so I am taking the day to get the house organized, cleaned and start to clear out DS16's room. When DS16 comes home from treatment he will have the earn everything that is in his room back, because when he left...that room was trashed. I am also working on a safety plan for DS10 because he is so scared of DS16 coming home. I need to start thinking about the contracts that I am going to have both kiddos sign. I picked up a book "why do they act that way" so I am hopeful that it will have some good information.