Good Sunday Morning!

LittleDudesMom

:skate: Good Sunday Morning!

Guess what I saw last night? Snowflakes!!!!!!!!!!!! easy child and I were coming out of the grocers and there were snow showers! Nothing stuck, but it sure looked lovely coming down and definately raised our spirits!

The free Santa breakfast at church yesterday morning was a hit. We probably had about 175 neighborhood parents, grandparents and children attend. The average number of children per family was three. You could tell how appreciative the parents were! Each child received a keepsake picture with Santa. The breakfast was great - everyone loved the pancakes, sausage and bacon! The crafts my kids did were also a hit - especially the coloring. I had forgotten how much little kids loved to color. It was a heartwarming morning with much praise and thanks from the families.

Today, we have church at 11, followed by a brief meeting regarding the Christmas Eve service. Then I have a few hours to do nothing! easy child is teaching at 4:30, so you know I'll be in the water then!

I hope your Sunday is a restful one :sled:

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, I'm so glad that your Santa breakfast was a hit. Our church does that every year with Santa & Mrs. Claus. I have a few of the cutest pictures of the tweedles sitting on Santa & Mrs. Claus's laps. It was always a fun time & a fun memory for the kids.

Yesterday was so quiet & peaceful with the snow & respite,etc. It hit me though when it snows & I'm home alone I need to find a way to get out of the house. I'm going to have to hire a snow removal company. Especially when I'm home alone. I had decided that I wanted to go out to the art store yesterday & I couldn't get my walker out of the house because of the snow. Tried to walk down the stairs with my cane & fell. My neighbor saw my situation, helped me back into the house & I stayed put. Rats ~ thought I could use our snowblower as a walker & take care of things (not really). ;)

I did have a good day (other than my little adventure) & have until 3 this afternoon before kt comes home. Haven't a clue what I'm going to do ~ watch movies?

Have a good Sunday

LittleDudesMom

Linda,

How about a family in the neighborhood with teenagers - perhaps you could hire them on an ongoing basis to clear the steps, front and back and drive every time it snows. My mom does that. She doesn't have to call them or anything, they just know that they will be paid when the snow is cleared.

Our Santa breakfast was not for the congregation really, although a few of our kids showed up. The breakfast was for the community. With the economy the way it is, we wanted to do this outreach. The breakfast and the pictures with Santa were free and we mailed postcards to two local city zipcodes near our church where the families had children under 10. We are a city church where the economic lines between those who live comfortably and those who struggle are very close. There are a lot of outreach opportunities in this commumity.

I'm glad your day yesterday was quite and peaceful - I'm hoping for another one today for you!

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, the snow sounds lovely. One of these years I really want to experience a snowy Christmas. We sometimes have a mid-year Yule-fest in Australia, especially in places where it sometimes snows. That may be the only way I can do it, but it won't be the same...

Linda, take it easy in the snow. You WILL find a way to manage, I know you. Maybe putting mini-skis on your walker? Or mini-snowshoes? I remember in NZ, trying to struggle over the previous day's snow, turned to ice overnight, and struggling with my two crutches over the bumps and lumps of ice. I was wearing my ugg boots, they had good soles (and possum fur insoles!) to help me stay on my feet. Maybe check out other types of support for the snowier weather? Talk to a physiotherapist about alternatives, perhaps.

As for movies to watch, Linda (and everyone else) - husband found a link to a US release of "The Black Balloon" - yesterday! As far as he can tell, it was timed to open in the US at exactly the same time as the AFI awards (where the movie won five AFIs including Best Film!)

I posted in more detail in Watercooler.

We had a lovely day today, husband was heading to mother in law's to kidnap her to watch a new movie with us, when difficult child 1 and daughter in law arrived, fresh from their honeymoon. They had their photos to show us and seemed to be very happy indeed after a lovely holiday. It was cooler today so I was happy to stay inside and bake biscuits. I also finished mending difficult child 1's work trousers, so he should have something to wear exclusively at work so he's not ruining his other clothes. He needs to change out of his work clothes before coming home, because he gets absolutely filthy and dusty with all the sanding he does.

difficult child 3 put up the Christmas tree this morning. difficult child 1 moved more of his stuff out, so we're slowly reclaiming our living space in our house. I'm hoping to have things more organised by Christmas, so kids have somewhere to sleep when they arrive. We still have bunk beds in the bedrooms, but only one kid at home now.

I think we had a very small amount of rain this evening, probably not enough to water the garden. We poured buckets of water on it yesterday afternoon, I'll probably have to do it again tomorrow. The rainwater tank is running lower now, lower than it's been for a long time.

Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow, probably staying home. However, I perhaps should go out if only to collect husband's dry cleaning. The problem is, I'll be going out on Tuesday and Wednesday, I really don't like going out too many days in a row. I get so tired and the pain levels get so much worse.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Marg

Andy

GOOD VERY EARLY MORNING
:D:D:D
Little Dude's Mom - What a great Saturday for you. Santa breakfasts are so much fun - so special for the kids.

Timer - I am glad you were not seriously hurt when you fell. When easy child was a toddler and I returned to work, I started hiring a guy to remove our snow. husband was on the road more often back in those days and I didn't want to leave her in the house alone to shovel snow. I know it is an extra expense but it really is nice to have done.

Marg - I am glad you had a good day today and no real plans for tommorrow.

Yesterday was a great day. husband decided to stay home so I had easy child to myself for the day (actually we took the neighbor girl and our church's DCE shopping with us). The brunch was nice and the shopping trip was a blast. We didn't get home until 10:30. easy child had an offer of a babysitting job at 7:30 but we decided to let that person know we couldn't commit to being back. It was so nice to have a girls day out without a timeline to rush back. The roads were excellent which put me to ease. It was a very fun day.

difficult child and husband bought a small tree. I like real small ones (about 5 feet) because I put it in our picture window and I like seeing the top of the tree from outside the house. When we put it in a corner, then I get a taller one.

Today, I will help for a benefit at church. We have a young family in which the lady is receiving her 5 round of cancer treatment and her husband has just been diagnosed with brain, lung, and kidney cancer. They have a 3rd or 4th grade girl. There is a silent auction as well as a meal. It has been heavily advertised and with a very large extended plus family, the planners expect over 600 people. I will help somewhere. Maybe in the kitchen at the dishwasher if I can. I would rather be in the kitchen because it is not a crowded and chaotic as in the dining area with people coming and going and the rush to switch out the dirty dishes and prepare the new place.

I plan on sending difficult child home with husband after Sunday School unless he wants to stay to help but I think I would rather have him home because if there are other kids he knows they will just run around and take up space. And I will have a hard time keeping an eye on difficult child. We will see. If he is focused, difficult child makes a very good worker and he does like to help.

Everyone have a great day. Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Morning all!

LDM - The breakfast sounds like a ball!

Linda - Grrrrr....you sound like my mom. STUBBORN. I'm going to change your name to Dammit Linda. Be CAREFUL!!!! I'm glad you're ok though.

Marg - Sounds like you'll have a busy time for awhile. Have fun getting your house back! As for difficult child 1, do they have an air hose where he works? If so he could "hose" himself down before he leaves work. It won't get all of the grit but it can cut it down some.

Adrianne - Good luck with the benefit! That's is entirely too much for one family to go through. It sounds like you'll have a good turnout though.

Busy day around here. If you read the WC last night you'll see that I have a plan in mind for my brother's birthday (hee hee hee hee). After we do cake and ice cream, difficult child will stay at my dad's for a few hours and husband and I will go to my work Christmas party. It's being held at a really neat facility that has indoor putt putt golf, bowling, some arcade games, restaurant/bar and karaoke. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the guys in "regular" clothes and cleaned up. I have only seen them at work in their uniforms and dirty from working with the tires. It sounds like it will be a good time and I know there are some great prizes that will be given out.

Hope everyone has a good day and Hello to anyone who snuck in on me.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning everyone. :christmaslights: My house is in complete disarray. Boxes of ornaments everywhere. I think this is the year to purge the one's we don't use anymore. I tend to have sentimental attachments to them. We have such sweet memories attached to them.

LDM, love the breakfast idea. I volunteered husband to be Santa Claus for the children's breakfast despite having no one who attends. husband did it every year for a loooooooong time. He is a jolly good natured elf. He was a little taken aback that a fire truck will pick him up and transport him. rofl. I can just see his face. I'll volunteer for set up but it's worth waking early to see husband on that firetruck. As I said, he is a jolly good soul. :elf:

Hope you all have a peaceful day.