Good sunday morning

Andy

GOOD MORNING!
:D:D:D
No morning thread yet? I will start one! Not often I get to. I suppose there is someone out there typing away the same time I am and then someone gets to merge them.

I am up earlier then normal. Very busy weekend for me with no end in sight until Friday.

Yesterday I spent about 2 hours at least setting up centerpieces for 20 tables. They are a huge success. The meal is today and I have already enjoyed watching people (even kids!) walk around looking at each one. They are each different - each a part of Moses's life. A lot of fun to make but a lot of time looking for items.

difficult child's caramel rolls will go in the oven in a few minutes. He is donating a pan to the school's silent auction. We were up way too late last night preparing that.

Last night I helped my friend prepare the eggs for a scavenger hunt at school on Wednesday and tonight we will decorate the gym for tomorrow's beach party. I have individiual invitations to hand out to the kids on Monday morning.

This will be an exciting week of activities for the students and my excitement is running amok also. I feel like a kid who can't wait to get to the present pile.

Everyone have a great day. Find a way to make your kids laugh.

K

Kjs

good morning

Andy - what a busy week. Sounds like so much fun. I wish difficult child and I could connect on something. Anything. Special week with all the activites?

difficult child has a ton of homework to get finished. Some from the two days he missed. But find out he didn't do anything the entire week before he left. After work today going to go look at a new sofa. I have looked at it 3 times already. Going back again for measurement.

Cold...cold...cold outside. I am done with the cold and snow. I am so ready for spring to kick in. though.

Have a good day.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Andy-Where do you find your energy? You are incredibly busy! Sounds like a fun week though! Cool about the beach party! Another teacher and I are doing a beach party theme with our students on Wednesday.

I went to church last night because I thought difficult child was doing a wrestling tournament today but he decided his finger hurts too much. He accidentally cut it on a chain turning a lamp off yesterday and wow did it bleed. I still can't figure out how that happened.

Since the wrestling tournament is off I'm not sure what will be on the agenda. I'm sure I'll get to the club and get a nap in, just have to be careful not to nap for 2 hours like yesterday!

My niece is coming for dinner tonight. I'm going to make country side chicken. It is a chicken and rice recipe with a mushroom soup gravy.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!:peaceful:

Andy

It is Lutheran Education Week. Our school's activities are:

Today: Silent Auction, Meal, Musical. Since it will be so crazy for me, I have decided to show a movie in Sunday School instead of teaching a lesson. That way the other teachers will be available to enjoy the silent auction or help prepare for the meal.

Tomorrow: Book Fair starts (no room for it today with the Silent Auction - it will run through next Sunday). Beach Party 1:00 - 3:00. Kids to wear summer clothes (no swimsuits).

Tuesday: Kids Against Hunger - 1st - 6th will package food at the local mall. Kindergarteners will prepare lunchbags with snacky foods (raisins, granola bars, etc.). Ice cream treat afterwards. Kids to wear school shirts.

Wednesday: Scavenger hunt in the morning to be able to include the preschoolers. Colors of Faith day - each class assigned a certain color to wear.

Thursday - Wear P.J.'s and crazy hair. Bring a pillow and blanket. Movie Day. Will have two movies going that the kids can choose from.

Friday - "Sticks" Day. Kids will perform their "sticks" program at a local nursing home. Early out on Friday. Then will help move the book fair from the Narthex to the lunch room. There is a wedding on Saturday so need to put the Narthex back to normal for that.

On Sunday, after the book fair closes, will help tear that down.

The kids have Iowa Basics the next week so hopefully they will be back in the school mode for that.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Kjs-You snuck in on me before! I too am so ready for spring! I want to be done with winter!!

I'll post the recipe over in the wc.

LittleDudesMom

:happyguy: Weekends make me happy!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy, good to see you up and starting the morning post! Both my children used to go to Lutheran school and I remember the activities!! Sounds like a busy week - but you and I are a lot alike - we love being involved and busy! Have fun ;).

Kjs, this is the time of year I bought my new sofa, chair and ottoman last year! Took me about three months to find the right one! Just paid it off last week. Did that "no downpayment, no interest for one year" thing. Was able to use their money for a year! Hope it works out for you and difficult child gets all that homework done! It's cold here too.

Sharon, sorry difficult child hurt his finger in such a strange way - but in another strange way, it gives you a little rest today! Enjoy the club and the nap. easy child is teaching today at 4:30 so you know I'll be hitting the pool!

Enjoy your Sunday :salute:

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, folks. I'm very late, it's already Monday morning here (just after midnight). I'm waiting for my hair to dry after Icoloured it.

Andy, I love the sound of those caramel rolls. I might make some tomorrow. Or something similar - I do a chocolate roll Chelsea bun style, using Nutella and choc bits.

Kjs, if difficult child didn't use his time wisely to do his homework, don't nag him. But if he whines about having so much to do, just gently remind him that it's the price he is paying for enjoying all that free time. Can't have one without the other. He made a choice, you accepted tat choice, now he has to accept the outcome of that choice. Maybe next time he can give himself a little more time to work, so he can still enjoy some free time with aclearer conscience.

Sharon/WO, if you napped for two hours, you must have needed it. Sorry to hear about difficult child cutting himself.

Sharon/LDM, enjoy the pool.

We got to church today, I also packed the swimming bag so Icould go for aswim afterwards with some of the ladies from church. The water was beautifully warm, still plenty of power in the sun also. Then we came home and got some chores done. husband is working on the benches for his workshop, mother in law dropped in and sat out there talking to him while he worked. I made them coffee then visited the local artists (the monthly open day today) and then dropped in to a friend who sells plants. I bought a lot of plants from him, including a huge water lily for about a tenth the usual price. Then I went down to mother in law's place to put some plants in for her.
By this time I was tired, I'd done a lot.

Tonight I coloured my hair - the grey roots were getting a bit too obvious! But while I waited for the dye to 'take' I took the opportunity to plant some more of the new plants in our bathroom courtyard. Almost midnight, me stark naked out in the garden, digging and planting while waiting for the buzzer to tell me it was time to go shampoo oiut the hair dye!
And if you think that was funny - I asked husband to get me abottle of water to pour on the plants, he came back with the watering can - and HE was start naked, just getting ready for his shower.

One of the advantages of a warm summer night. Even if it IS the first day of autumn for us today!

Enjoy your first day of spring, all of you in the Northern Hemisphere.

Marg

Estherfromjerusalem

Well, it's an age since I wrote on the Good Morning thread.

So good morning, everyone, and have a wonderful day (no meltdowns, please).

Here in Israel, March has certainly come in like a lion. We have had dreadful stormy weather since Friday. And it was the same last week too. This is the first time since I have lived here (35 years) that I have not heard a single person grumble about the filthy weather. And why is that, you may well ask? Well, until about 10 days ago there was a serious drought problem in this country, the lakes and the underground aquifers were seriously low and there was all this talk about not watering public parks, desalinating sea water etc. etc. And suddenly it got very cold indeed, masses of thunderstorms and lashing rainstorms. That was last weekend. And then this weekend was a repeat performance, and the national water situation is improving.

I personally ADORE this weather. I much prefer winter to summer. Anyway, the lady I usually go to on Sundays and Mondays in order to work with her has gone abroad, so I promised myself that today and tomorrow I shall just stay warm indoors, won't even put my nose outside the front door, and I will just get on with editing the awfully boring book I have got to finish by about 10 days time, and typing the book I am typing (no time limit, but still, has to be done).

The book is very hard work, maybe because I am finding it boring. I thought it would be more interesting. It is about magic in ancient times. Ah well! Maybe I can find a spell for making money quick! Or for making difficult children become non-difficult children!

Have a lovely Sunday, y'all.

Love, Esther

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning (afternoon) all,

I certainly slept in this morning .... kt is at respite. It sounds as though your days are filled with many plans & activities.

I, like Esther, am not sticking my nose out in the cold weather (10 degrees here); my snow removal person finally showed up yesterday after I called him 2x. He didn't charge me because he was so late & felt guilty. I handed him a cup of coffee to warm himself so he could get on his way.

Marg, wish I lived in such a "private" area so I could walk about my yard nude with hair dye on my head. (You wouldn't believe the pictures in my head right now :D.)

Hope the rest of your day is filled with family fun & laughter or some such thing. Have a good one.