Good Sunday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good Morning. :ill:

I woke up about an hour ago with a joint pain flare... I hope to be back to bed soon. Today will be busy. I started work in the family room but will continue later today. I will also grocery shop later and do bills. Plus, Duckie has a birthday party and our pool liner gets replaced.

Not exactly the quiet Sunday I was hoping for.

Have a great day! :salute:

Marguerite

G'day for Sunday.

Sorry to hear about the joint pain, TM. I hope you can get it under control soon. You have a busy schedule today, are you sure you're up to it?

I've had yet another quiet day. I'm learning how to avoid letting the cough get started. It's become VERY painful to cough or sneeze. NOT nice. I did some cooking earlier today but I needed husband to help. He's cooked dinner tonight (roast chicken) and the Moroccan lamb I have cooked will be tomorrow night's dinner. Letting it sit in the fridge overnight will let me skim off any fat and also allow the flavours to blend. So far it tastes fabulous, I tihnk I have a new recipe in the winter repertoire... but I'm horrified at how little I can do at the moment.

husband is worried that I did too much yesterday and that's why I'm still not well. I'm not sure going out last night made much difference - we were sitting in chairs, mostly. Inside, out of the cold, not much walking. I wore some very high heels but my feet were not hurting at the end of the night, so I can't have over-exerted myself!

I'm not scheduled to go out until Tuesday afternoon's appointment with the doctor. Depending on how I am in the morning, I might take myself to the local GP to see if she thinks I need a chest X-ray. Because my GP won't be able to order one before I see her, and it would mean me having to make another special trip out and frankly I want to avoid too much driving.

I'm beginning to lose track of how long this has been going on for.

I'm definitely fed up with it.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

Estherfromjerusalem

Hello and good Sunday morning!

It's been ages since I wrote here, but I thought I would say hello.

TM, hope the joint flare dies down quickly and you get some pain relief. And Marg, take it easy. You need your strength.

Today is very hot here in Jerusalem, and I am sweating although I am still indoors, and I have to go out soon. My granddaughter is getting married this Thursday (yes, my granddaughter, I am still gobsmacked about it!), and although I thought I knew what I want to wear, I just feel so tempted to buy something new, so I am going to go and have a "peep" if there is anything for me in the shops. I shall also buy a new bra -- talk about splurging!

Is there any one of you who lives in New York and buys the New York Post? I work at the Jerusalem Post, and they are starting a New York edition which will be in today's paper. It will be in on every Sunday, and it is an exciting new project, so I wondered if any of my board "family" have seen it.

This week, my difficult child moved back home after living with his girlfriend for six months. It hasn't been quite as traumatic as I thought it would be, but we were all happier in the house to have him living somewhere else -- anywhere else but here. Still, he is back and so far so good.

OK, I'm off to town. Have a good meltdown-free Sunday, everyone.

Love, Esther

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-I'm sorry you are having a flare up-I hope it is short lived. Any way that husband can take Duckie to the birthday party?

Marg-I can only imagine how awful your cough is as I've been doing it for three days and am in much pain. Take care of you!

Esther-Good to see you this morning! Good luck with the clothes shopping!

I'm so tired of this cough. It hurts to do almost anything I've coughed so much (even blowing my nose hurts, bending, anything at all) but darn it after church I am heading to the health club. Should be interesting as it is a weighs day. Not a whole lot else planned but things always seem to pop up.

Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday:peaceful:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sounds like a pretty sick crew this morning. Ouch!
TM, hope the pain dies down. It must be so frustrating to have a flare up.

Marguerite, take care of yourself. If you can't remember how long you have been sick, then it's too long.

Esther, congratulations on being international. We get the NY Times on Sunday but maybe I can pull up the Post.

wiped out, hope you feel better soon too.

I'm in good health but I don't want to jinx it.
Hope your Sunday is peaceful. difficult child invited a young man from the social group over to hang out and have dinner. Hopefully, it will go well. Chicken quesadilla is on the menu. Maybe I'll bake something for dessert. I'll keep my fingers crossed that these two click.

Estherfromjerusalem

Fran, that is lovely that difficult child invited a friend from the social group. I'd love to hear how that went. Did you bake anything for dessert in the end?

Love, Esther

DDD

It is no longer Sunday morning :redface: but I just read the thread. Better late than never. I would try to buy a new dress for the wedding, in my humble opinion, you deserve it. TM sorry you are sick. Those of you with coughs have you tried the "trick cure" that posted a month ago. Some people in "real life" say it works. Cover your feet with Vicks Vapor Rub and then put on socks at bedtime. Three people I personally know swear it works so you can get a nights sleep. Fingers crossed. Fran?? I hadn't read about a social group
for difficult child. How'd that come about?? DDD

Fran

Former desparate mom
So far, so good Esther. They seem to have a lot in common. I'm staying out of the way but will know more when we have dinner.
I made a cold pasta salad,green salad and cupcakes to go with the chicken Quesadilla.