****Good Sunday Morning****

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good Sunday morning friends.

Such beautiful weather here yesterday though I didn't spend much of it out in the yard. I slept until almost noon & then my energy had already bottomed out. I finished laundry - that was it. (Whine)

I "hope" today I will get outside to goof off a bit. Need to run to the pet store & get food for Sally along with an orthopedic bed & raised food dishes.

At the rate this night is going I may be sleeping the day away. Hope not.

Have a good one all - fingers crossed for calm days blessed with family & fun.

Marguerite

G'day for Sunday.

Linda, sorry you didn't get everything done you hoped for, but sometimes you just need to be glad for what you DID get done and realise - sometimes getting some time to rest is also an achievement.

It's Fathers Day here in Australia today. The only other countries that have Fathers Day on 1st Sunday in September, are New Zealand, Fiji and Papua New Guinea. Our little corner of the world. It's also not a public holiday here.

The weather today has been just glorious. It's cooler now it's evening, but winter is definitely over.

I got to church this morning. husband & difficult child stayed home. After church I went home via a couple of artists studios (open day again). husband was ripping out a couple of weed trees and one local artist especially possibly could use the wood in his craft work. The artist was away (someone else staffing his studio this month) so I left a note. Got home and husband had mulched all the small stuff and put aside to season, all the big stuff that wouldn't fit down the throat of the mulcher.

After lunch we wandered down towards mother in law's place and on the way dropped in on our neighbour the portrait artist. We've been watching the progress he's been making on the country's official portrait of our previous national leader. Sounds amazing - and it is. But he's also a really down-to-earth man also. He and his wife - really lovely people. I headed home, changed into my work clothes and got digging. Planted a couple of new flowers in the garden, did some weeding, threw around a lot of slow-release fertiliser then let the chooks out, dug out a bag of manure I'd promised the artist neighbours and dropped it in. I waited until almost close of open studio so any smell from the bag of composted manure wouldn't bother visitors. And it was OK - the only individual to notice any smell from the manure was their dog. HE loved it!

Currently I'm cooking another roast dinner, then hopefully having an early night. I have to give difficult child 3 a Science exam in the morning, then work with him to complete some maths work. He has another exam on Wednesday. I've got a lot of work of my own to deal with also, it keeps me busy.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Marg

Last edited:

Rabbit

Good morning Friends!:DHope everyone has a GREAT day!
Its a holiday weekend here not Fathers Day but Labor Day.
I am wishing for a quiet day with a short visit to the duck pond.

Marg- Enjoy your Roast dinner! Hope u have a quiet night and good day tomorrow.

Linda- I agree with Marg getting some time to rest is also an achievement.
Have a good day!

Sending Hugs to all! Rabbit

LittleDudesMom

:flowers: Good Sunday Morning Ladies!!

Linda, difficult child has his days and nights mixed up and I've been trying for a week to get him straight before school begins on Tuesday - we are still working on it! Hope you are to get outside and enjoy the lovely weather today.

Marg, Father's Day is not a public holiday here - other than according to Hallmark! Sounds like a lovely Sunday at your house.

Church, a quick run for a couple things from the grocer, a little outdoor work (never did the outside yesterday - difficult child and did other stuff!), and then difficult child wants to see that movie Gamer. We are really supporting the economy at our local theatre that last two weeks!

Have a great Sunday and enjoy these last couple days of summer :peaceful:

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-I hope today you will be able to enjoy the beautiful weather. I agree with the others though, rest is so important.

Marg-Sounds like a productive day for you!! I bet the roast was delicious!

Rabbit-Enjoy the quiet day and the duck pond!

Sharon-Enjoy your day. Have fun at the movies!

I've been to church and am hoping to get to the club. difficult child and I will then drive about an hour and a half to see my nephew is on leave from Iraq. He goes back Saturday (I think).

husband and easy child will get back very late tonight, probably after difficult child and I are already asleep.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!:peaceful:

tictoc

Good morning,
So nice to read everyone's messages first thing in the morning. I am happy to have found this site.

Yesterday we had a nice outing for ice cream. Everyone was happy and at peace.

husband and I have a "date" this afternoon. Must be home for bedtime, but we will have four hours to ourselves. Can't wait! We are going to an exhibit at a local art museum and out for an early dinner.

Have a great day!