Good Sunday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good Morning! :coffee:

Duckie is still coughing so I won't have her go to the game... she really needs to heal up. We'll go to church for the blessing of the animals and come home to rest afterward. I think I'll send her to school tomorrow but see if I can pull her out to see the doctor. I suspect something secondary (like a sinus infection) may be going on.

I hope everyone has a great day! :salute:

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Tired Mommy - Those coughs are just hanging on in people who catch them. Hopefully Duckie will get rid of it soon.

The approaching winter weather is having me going into hibernation. Mornings are becoming harder to get out of bed.

It has been wet and cold here these past few days. Fortunately it held back some on Friday night for Home Coming.

Today I will go out and get a blue three ring binder for a new Sunday School student (forgot to do so this week) and check on how expensive very small fish tanks are.

I have a product party tomorrow night so need to do some cleaning for that. Diva will have a hard day tomorrow as she gives notice to one of her friends who she babysits for. She has come to the light that a $2 per kid per hour job just isn't enough for a 19 year old to live on. I hope I get lots of people and some bookings from my party to help lift her spirirts.

Last night I helped drive for a Wylde Life (Young Life for 7th/8th graders) event. A video scavenger hunt. We came to our house to do the "in an airplane", "under an evergreen tree", "touching a basketball rim", and "group picture including driver with the vehicle".

We have a mailbox that looks like Snoppy driving an airplane. It is stored under a large evergreen tree. So, everyone put their hand inside the airplane. I also needed someone to take our group picture so called our neighbor girl to come over and help. She was upset because her aunt chewed her out for helping us out, "They can do that themselves" she was told. Her mom is not going to like to hear that.

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh!

Marguerite

G'day for Sunday.

TM, I hope Duckie feels better soon. I'm in recovery stage (hopefully) from sinus infection, it's not pleasant.

Andy, it sounds very busy at your house despite the grey weather. Diva sounds like she's getting some valuable life lessons and discovering for herself that you don't get handed everything on a platter.

We had our outing today, a steam train trip on the Cockatoo Run.
http://www.3801limited.com.au/

We would have liked mother in law to come too, but sis-in-law is visiting and didn't want to go, so mother in law stayed at home with her. A pity - I'm sure sis-in-law would have enjoyed the trip too.
The weather - it was really cold, very wintry. A fine misty drizzle continued most of the day and we walked around the Robertson Fair in it. It was also the first day of daylight saving so we'd had an earlier start than usual. I'm still shaking off the sinus infection so especially to begin with, I was feelnig pretty ordinary. Despite the bad weather I did pick up later in the day.

Cockatoo Run follows what used to be a passenger line, now only carries freight except for these "specials". But freight takes priority, so although the trip is carefully times to have a fairly clear run, if there are any delays or changes to the freight schedule, it makes the passenger train increasingly delayed. At one point we had to stop only partway up the escarpment, a very steep grade for any train to have to handle, let alone have to begin from a complete dead stop, on wet track!

We took lots of photos and bits of video, haven't had a chance yet to see how it turned out. On the way back I took more video but only by holding the camera out the window and guessing; I didn't want to aggravate my cold or risk smuts in my eyes, so the camera got a bit wet.

Sis-in-law and her girls fly back home tomorrow. I'm hoping we can all come out to see them off, we need to do some shopping afterwards anyway, our household as well as mother in law.

husband is off work for the next week, after all the rush is over we're going to enjoy some together time and relax together. It's also school holidays for the next two weeks so we can forget about having to fit in difficult child 3's schoolwork and have some family fun - either on outings or simply working on household projects.

I also need to keep my eyes peeled for a possible job for easy child 2/difficult child 2 for when she gets back from her honeymoon.

When the wedding photos become available online, we'll see if we can post the link. A few weeks yet...

Enjoy your Sunday, folks.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

TM-Those coughs are just horrible. I'm finally just starting to cough less, difficult child is also just beginning to get over his. I hope Duckie is feeling better soon!

Andy-I so hear you on the hibernation mode! Getting up when it's dark is so hard. Glad the weather was o.k. for homecoming.

Marg-The train ride sounds very interesting! I'm glad you have some time in the next two weeks to relax-you deserve it with the schedule you have been keeping.

I'm back from church, ate a quick breakfast and am going to the health club in a few moments. Later I need to mow the lawn. husband is going to take difficult child to see a double feature of the Toy Story movies! easy child has a driver's ed lesson from3-5 this afternoon. At some point I need to do some meal planning, grocery shopping and hopefully fit in a nap.

We also have a shed in our back yard that we either have to find a way to move or find a way to tear it down before they start the siding on our house.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: