Good Sunday morning.

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

My coffee maker didn't work properly this morning; the lid of the carafe was on it properly so it was overflowing the top of the maker. Not how I like my morning to start!

We'll be heading to a different church this morning... my cousin's twin girls are receiving their first communion. Then we head to lunch after. Should be a nice day! (If I ever get my coffee, that is!)

Have a great day! :salute:

smallworld

Good morning, TM and all who follow!

TM, I hope you get some coffee into you and enjoy your day with your cousins.

J is here from Utah for his first home visit in 10 months! He looks great and is happy to be here with us. He and husband are heading to Baltimore for an Orioles v Red Sox game if the weather holds (go Red Sox!). We will be checking out small private schools in the Difficult Child metro area to see if any is a good fit for the fall. We found out recently that he has made up enough credits to become a senior in the fall instead of having to add a fifth year to his high school career. Lots of progress on his end! J will also be undergoing neuropsychologist testing this week to figure out current strengths and challenges now that his dperession has lifted and all but one psychiatric medication has been discontinued.

Hope you have a peaceful Sunday. Hi if you snuck in.

Marguerite

G'day people.

TM, sorry to hear about the coffee maker failure. Not a good way to wake up. Caffeine plus adrenaline...

Smallworld, enjoy the game (baseball?). I hope you get some useful info from the neuropsychologist appointment.

We skipped church this week - had too much we needed to do, lots of little things including spending time earned with difficult child 3. He earns "game time" with me, for achieving various small goals (currently getting to bed before 11.30 pm) and if I don't actually spend the time, not only does it accrue to ridiculous levels but the incentive stops working. And we're learning that if he is short on sleep, his medications don't work as well.

I spent four hours playing Mario Party with difficult child 3. OK, there went my day... but I consider it an investment in difficult child 3. Also, because where we play is right next to the kitchen, I was able to work on my prize-winning tomato relish recipe in between turns. And now difficult child 3 owes ME 30 minutes, so I have a good chance of getting him to bed tonight at a more civilised hour.

Meanwhile husband has been working on easy child 2/difficult child 2's laptop computer which a 'friend' of hers spilled a glass of water on. There is still a faint chance we can save it, even though the 'friend' never told her about the water spill, easy child 2/difficult child 2 found her computer in a puddle 12 hours later. If someone had spoken up at the time and they'd turned everything off and got a hairdryer onto it, then all she would have lost would have been maybe the battery. But by the time we got to it, the whole board was covered in corrosion. easy child 2/difficult child 2 says her friends didn't mean to do this, they are nice people, they really look out for her, yada yada. I keep telling my girl, she is more loyal to them than they have been to her.

It was our open day today in town for local artists. I only visited one studio (our friend and neighbour - he wasn't home but the studio was open). Plus I got to check out the street stalls down the road. The weather today was beautiful - sunny, warm. It was 26 C here today (79 F). Considering it's usually very wintry at this time of the year, it's really bizarre to be wandering around in sleeveless shirts. But people were swimming today, the sea temperature is still the same as it was in midsummer. It's going to be warm like this indefinitely, it seems. So while so many of you are enjoying the near approach of summer, we still haven't lost ours yet.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-Sorry about the coffee maker! Enjoy your day:)

SW-How great to hear how well J is doing!!

Marg-Glad to hear you haven't lost your summer yet! You are warmer than we are! Sounds like a busy but fun day.

I'm home from church, difficult child is watching cartoons, husband is back in bed, and easy child isn't home yet from prom so it's fairly quiet here.

Today's plans include the club and grocery shopping along with a bit of cleaning.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: