Good Sunday Morning!

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning All!

It's early yet for a Sunday but I'm on my way out to soak my plants before the temps get too hot. The kids and I should be on the road to the shore in about 90 minutes!

We are all excited for or vacation. By 10:30 this morning this should be me :beach:!!

Enjoy your Sunday,
Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sharon, you are too funny. I'm an early riser when I have somewhere to go. I hope your back and leg don't give you any trouble and you have a blast. Soak those plants well. It is beastly out there. Have a safe and wonderful vacation.

I have been playing nurse to little Lizzie. Poor thing got a skin irritation from being hot, wet and hair matting. Her private parts have diaper rash big time. No way we could get at it. She is a "nimble little minx". The vet had to give her IV sedation to get it all cleaned and shaved. Needless to say she was not a happy girl. She has to wear the cone of shame(from the movie "UP") if she starts to lick. LOL. She seems better this morning after a night in her crate. Narcotics don't hurt either.

Good news, difficult child may have a job training program to go to after Labor Day. He will have to return to Texas.
Of course, this is early days in the program but the seed is planted for a better way to give difficult child's like mine a chance at a life. I'll post separately but I am hopeful again.

It's been a hectic weekend so far. difficult child has a friend visiting over night so I am up to get breakfast started. Stay cool everyone.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, enjoy your holiday. It's very sensible to water the plants in the cool of the day.

Fran, poor puppy, getting heat rash. You can't use baby products on her, like zinc cream?

We had a not too busy day today, not like last month's record sales. It was cold but not windy, so we were warm enough in the ticket box at the mini-train park today. husband was driving a loco, had a nasty scare when a toddler ran in front of his train and her family did nothing to get her off the tracks; then the family dashed across in front of the train. We heard the scream of the train whistle as husband tried to warn them, to no avail. husband said he nearly skittled the dad. People don't realise - mini trains can still weigh many tons, a train of any size takes half its length to stop. The dad seemed to have no idea how close his family came to tragedy. All the other spectators, including husband's passengers, all got the message.

Tomorrow I have to meet easy child 2/difficult child 2 & SIL2 at the college counsellors', who don't know we're coming. Too many problems have been left and have now come to a head. Here's hoping we get some positive results because I've had a gutful. So have the kids. I also have to get a couple of phone calls sorted for difficult child's school. His teacher STILL hasn't rung me to sort out the 'cheating' accusation.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Sharon-ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm jealous;)

Fran-Sorry about poor Lizzie. Glad to hear things may be looking up for difficult child!

Marg-Glad everyone was safe-very scary! Good luck tomorrow-don't overdo!

Didn't expect to be on the morning thread today but we had to cut our trip short to Green Bay (I posted separately).

This morning I've been to church and we have plans to go to the health club. I should also mow the lawn-darn rain-as much as I love a green lawn I hate mowing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what else we'll do-maybe head to our church picnic.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Marge, Lizzie won't let us anywhere near her bottom even with 2 guys holding her and the stand up collar. It is quite a sqeal of anxiety that comes out of her and a desperate "death roll" to get away from whatever she percieves as danger. If the vet had to sedate her, what makes them think I am going to get salve on it? Sheesh.

How scary about the toddler and the train.