Good Sunday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

:mothers_day: Happy Mother's Day to the best group of parents anywhere!

I'm taking Duckie to church in a little while, then we'll head to my in-laws later. The weather is finally nice here: sunny and in the high 60's today.

Have a great day! :moms_day:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Happy Mother's Day! TM, enjoy your day! easy child is making breakfast right now and I'm trying to wake difficult child by power texting so she's not late, as per usual! Lol.

Enjoy!

Marguerite

G'day, people. I hope you have a great Mother's Day!

I did my church thing today - very small turnout, people were off visiting family. It worked out okay though. It was a beautiful sunny day here today, but it does make for a cold night with a clear sky.

I had a lovely long phone call tis afternoon with easy child, then a couple of quick calls from difficult child 1 and then easy child 2/difficult child 2. difficult child 3 did not remember it was Mother's Day (and I didn't want him reminded) but then he appeared at dinner time with a card in an envelope. A pink, floral, flowery card. Not something he would pick out for himself. husband congratulated difficult child 3 on remembering all by himself, and the kid had the grace to look sheepish. I did not challenge, I was 99% certain mother in law was responsible. husband confirmed it after we got home. She really gets upset at the thought of being left out and I suspect felt she had to take control of a situation she felt unacceptable - difficult child 3 forgetting. All I ever want from my kids on Mothers Day is an acknowledgement, I never get cards because it is not our custom.

Oh well. Maybe next year difficult child 3 might have a better chance of remembering, all on his own.

Anyway, enjoy your day. I'm off to bed, after I get some washing on.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning & Happy Mother's Day!

TM-Enjoy your day! Our temps are the same as yours!

Jo-Have a fun day! I hope you were able to wake difficult child!

Marg-Sounds like you had a nice day!

I've been to church and everyone else is sleeping now. difficult child was up but has fallen back asleep! Today I'm planning on a visit to the health club, calling Mom, and mowing the lawn. The sun is shining brightly so it should be a beautiful day here!

Wishing everyone a relaxing day!!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all & Happy Mother's Day!

TM, enjoy your day ~ I'm glad you have beautiful weather, finally.
Jo, hope you've managed to waken difficult child.
Marg, sounds like you had a wonderful day.
Sharon, what a wonderful quiet morning. I love those times of quiet in the house.
Shelly, enjoy your day as well.

I spent all day yesterday out in my yard ~ tending to my flower gardens. kt & her BFF, CC, worked on raking while Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker manned the fire pit as we were burning all the fallen sticks & twigs from the yard. After all that hard work I ordered pizza then poured myself a glass of wine & relaxed.

I'm heading out today to pick up garden fencing (Lenny likes to do his business in my flowers) & some hanging baskets for the front yard. I've a bit of work to do in my flower garden out front.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day all.

P-nut2004

Hi everyone & Happy Mother's day! :flowers:

Sounds like most of us are having a decent MsDay so far. L was the first one up here as usual, woke up C (K is at bio-moms :( ) and they drug husband out of the bed to go shopping. They brought me back Starbuck's which is a rare treat as I love their coffee but refuse to spend the $, C remembered that I wanted a tri-fold lawn chair to sunbathe in the yard & husband remembered that I wanted a new bluetooth so I got two wonderful gifts. They also cooked me a wonderful big breakfast & have plans for dinner & desert as well. I'm taking the day off (as much as I can) so Ive been lounging around watching TV. L is off in her own little world, has not acknowledged that it's Mothers day except when C told her to say Happy MsDay this morning & she's being very difficult which husband doesn't deal with well so I don't get a break from the difficult child-ness I guess. But all in all it's shaping up to be a pretty good Mother's day, by my standards at least lol.

((HUGS)) to all of you. Take the time to enjoy today & do whatever YOU like to do.