Good Sunday Morning!!!

LittleDudesMom

Happy Sunday :proudamerican:

Hope everyone is having a restful morning! I've already chugged down two cups of coffee and am getting ready to pour my third!

I'm having two friends plus my easy child over late this afternoon for steaks on the grill. Tomorrow difficult child is having his best bud over for hotdogs on the grill then bonehead (I know, h*ll is might cool about right now) is taking the boys to the movies.

But this morning my friends whose three-year old is battling cancer are coming over so the little one can "harvest" some strawberries at my house. I picked up the little one and her mother on Friday morning and drove them home from the cancer center after a radiation treatment (only one car family) and the little one wanted to show me her garden. Her dad is a teacher at a private school and the 3rd thru 5th grade girls planted a vegetable garden for the little one this spring.

She was so excited because one strawberry was almost ready to pick. As we went over to look, she spotted it right outside the garden line. A squirrel or bunny or something had gotten it and left a little of the white top on the ground. She looked and said, "Oh, someone ate my strawberry and left the bones!"

There weren't any others even close to being ready but I have the most plarific hanging strawberry plants this year - so I invited them to come over after church this morning so the little one can harvest. There were some that I needed to get yesterday but I left for her. She should get about 12 this morning!

I hope you enjoy your Sunday and find some time to relax :bbq:

Sharon

KTMom91

Good morning, ladies!

I'm up WAY too early, but my allergies have been seriously kicking my behind the last few days - can you say Benadryl fog? - and I woke up coughing. Hopefully the medications will kick in so I can go to church without having a coughing fit during the sermon.

So far we have nothing planned; there's a peddler's fair down the street, but I always find too much stuff and spend too much money at those things. Miss KT says she's going to the gym, and I should probably go, too, but we'll see how the motivation kicks in.

Hope everyone has a peaceful and pleasant day!

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, that will be a lovely experience for that little girl. I hope she enjoys her strawberries.

Mary, I hope your hay fever settles down for you. It's no fun living in an antihistamine fog.

We went to church this morning, it's cool weather and getting nastier. We still had lunch afterwards on the verandah, but some of us moved inside and had a singalong around the piano.
We went home fairly early (for us) then husband got busy with his workshop while I got busy with some work. We just got back from dinner with mother in law.

Tomorrow will be cold and wet, I have washing to do (great!) and in the afternoon, I have to take difficult child 3 out for his appointments. Here's hoping we get some answers! I am angry that he looks like he's lost this year academically. Oh well...

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Sharon-How nice that you have strawberries for her to pick!! Enjoy your cookout tonight! Steak is my favorite!!

Mary-Hope you are feeling better soon!!

Marg-The sing-a-long sounds like fun. I'm sorry difficult child is struggling. I hope your weather clears up!

Looks like rain here today. Tomorrow though the weather is suppose to get very hot. They are calling for 88 degrees tomorrow! I wish the pools around here would be open!

Today I'm going to try and get to the health club. There isn't a lot I can do but I can try some upper body weights and swim laps. Wish me luck-I've really been missing my workouts since I've been on these crutches.

Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday!