Good thought today for our furkid please

donna723

I'm glad he's home where he can get some of that good mommy-pampering!

I had to giggle over your description of getting him home because the same thing happened to us many years ago. My son had a 90 pound yellow mutt that he loved dearly - closest thing he ever had to a brother! My son, D, was off at a basketball game and the dog decided to chase a car - got his nose smacked by the moving car! My daughter (who weighed less than the dog at the time) and I loaded him up into my old 2-door Pontiac and headed 40 miles away to the emergency vet. He had some bones broken in his nose and injuries to his eye. The vet tanked him up on pain killers and valium and carried him to the car - put him in the back seat - not easy! My daughter wanted to sit with him and somehow we ended up with her in the middle of the back seat with the unconscious dog draped across her lap! The vet said, "He'll be awake by the time you get home." Yeah, right! When we got home he was still out, and not only could I not get the 90 pound dead weight stoned dog off of my daughter and out the car door, she was pinned under the dog! A half hour later, she finally had wiggled out from under him, we each grabbed a paw and pulled and finally got him out of the car, and then we carried him like a sack of potatoes to the front door. It was one of those things that was funny ... later. Much, much later.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
:rofl: Donna. When my sweet Chelsea had her knee surgery I had to call my exhusband to help me help her out of the back of my car. I hear ya!

Star, gurney is right.

So glad to hear that your boy fared well. You might want to put his birthstone in his grill to add a bit of personal pizazz.

Suz

susiestar

Roll With It
Casper,

I am SO glad you are home from the surgery. As Wiz told us when he was 2, "Surgy hurt". I am sure your mommy made those doctors plenty of medicine to make sure you don't hurt. Don't be too "cool" or "manly" to tell Mommy if you need medicine, OK?

You will look absolutely stud-o-licious after you recover. You are such a star no one would ever even noticea rhinestone on ANY of your teeth. Heck, you could wear a diamond doggy shirt and no one would see the bling because they are all blinded by your handsome face - and the loving, sweet and protective stud inside that beautiful bod!

Tell Mommy that you need the yummy soft dog food and maybe for mommy to cook up a little lean ground beef and some gravy for you. If the ground beef is cooked up like for tacos or chili instead of patties it will be easier to eat. And gravy is good anytime!

Love ya, big guy!

Star, I am praying that all will be well and he will be just as good as new when he recovers. There actually ARE doggy pops in the ice cream section of some stores and in some of the PetCo's and Petsmarts. Many dogs really like them, but if they get the entire cold thing at once they can get sick.

I hope YOU recover from the surgery also. ROFL on the gurney because I remember several times trying to move our Friday in from the car after a vet visit.

Hugs to you and DF and Casper.

Star*

call 911........call 911
If someone can tell me again how to do photofish bucket thing - I will try to post his pictures - HE LOVES to hang out and amuse me with dress up.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay, here's how ya do it...

First, go here:

http://photobucket.com/

Create a user account. Then you go to the MY ALBUMS tab and click on "albums and upload".

Then you'll be prompted to select a file from your computer (so that means you should have the photo loaded on your machine or at least the memory card in a slot on your machine if you have one of those). You use the drop down screen to locate the file and click on it. The web site automatically uploads it to your album. Then you have the option of clicking a direct link address to copy it and then paste it in a post here, where we can then access your picture!

I notice that as I'm typing this, Photobucket is undergoing maintenance, so you may have to wait a bit today before you can do your "thang".