Good thoughts for Stang.

DammitJanet

This is the weekend that her difficult child is supposed to graduate HS but we all know he will only be walking from across the cell block. Sigh.

Even so Stang...you deserve that entire party for yourself! Have at it. Party hardy. Have a glass or 5 for me...lol.

Im proud of him even if he is in the clinker...lol. :tongue::student:

mstang67chic

Going Green
You guys are too much!!!! This was appreciated more than you know, thank you!

And.....you made me cry! Dammit!!!...........Janet!

You guys are the best!

Star*

call 911........call 911
There is a candle burned to the candle base here at my house. I lit it yesterday around the time your son should have been graduating. I let it burn all day so it would remind me that you were hurting and I would send good thoughts your way.

Ouixa of course sent you her I Dream of Ouixa pictures pre-graduation. ;) We just didn't know what to say if we called. Sorry just didn't seem to be enough - he's sorry, seemed to be an accusation, but do know this......despite the pomp and circumstance? YOU GOT HIM THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL AND HE GOT A DIPLOMA. The fact that you missed another of lifes little 'kid' normalcies is very painful I know. No one would envy you your yesterday. I also lit a candle for Steven as yesterday would have been his 20th birthday. I'm just so sorry your difficult child makes poor choices - but I have to tell you something. I am SO PROUD of YOU for NOT taking him by the hand, and saying "this is what you must do at 20 years old."

A real & true Mother - sacrafices the best of things for herself so that her children learn and grow. You've done that. You and Unkley B, have both done that. You are awesome parents.

Congratulations on the Graduation!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
'Stang, the truth is, but for the Grace of God go any of us. At the time, and even now, I consider(ed) it a miracle that Rob graduated from high school and even walked across the stage to get his diploma. He did (almost) everything he could to sabotage his high school years, including that last week of his senior year. I'm sorry that your difficult child made the choices he did.

Hugs,
Suz

mstang67chic

Going Green
Thanks guys. I shoud be able to pick up his diploma this week sometime. I saved today's paper and also bought 5 of Friday's as it had a senior section. I'm hoping the school has extra programs from graduation as I'm trying to get everything I can that lists difficult child as a grad. I plan on keeping his diploma myself if possible as 1. he'll lose it or ruin it and 2. it's basically mine and husband's anyway. LOL

Really, thank you all. This thread was a big bright spot in a cloudy weekend.

Bean

Hey, I'd count it as HUGE positive. My daughter was in jail when her class graduated and she didn't get a diploma because she never finished high school. Still hasn't and she's going on 19 next month. I'm a little envious, to be honest, of the difficult children here that were able to make it through high-school.-- Something to celebrate, for sure. :D

Star*

call 911........call 911
If you want - I think after he's out of jail? You could rent a cap and gown - and take him to where the rest of the graduation was - and take some pictures for yourself. Just a thought. Maybe even have the principal meet you there and ask him to pose quickly?

mstang67chic

Going Green
We have a cap and gown. husband's from his graduation was the right color so instead of spending $80, difficult child was going to wear husband's. I'll probably make him wear it long enough to take pictures at the party....if he'll cooperate. If he won't....well there's always dart guns and duct tape! ;)

J/K

Maybe

judi

Sorry you are hurting.

Count my son too as one who didn't graduate. He did however, get his GED one year after he would have graduated and actually did some college.

N

Nomad

(Hugs). So glad that Janet posted this. Please take extra good care of yourself during these most difficult moments.

DDD

Sending belated support. It's a unique type of emotional pain when you are SO close...andthen unable to fulfill the dreams. It slowly fades but I'm sorry you have to experience it. DDD

mstang67chic

Going Green
Bean...I am gratefull that he did graduate. I feel kind of selfish that I'm so upset about not seeing him walk across a stage but at the same time, it's just one more "normal" thing husband and I were cheated out of.

All of your kind words and support mean the world. Fingers crossed that later in the summer I'll be able to post cap and gown pics from the party.

Bean

Bean...I am gratefull that he did graduate. I feel kind of selfish that I'm so upset about not seeing him walk across a stage but at the same time, it's just one more "normal" thing husband and I were cheated out of.

All of your kind words and support mean the world. Fingers crossed that later in the summer I'll be able to post cap and gown pics from the party.

Hon, I completely get what you're saying. I was actually talking to my husband about this the other night, because a bunch of my daughter's difficult child friends are graduating this week and I'm happy for them, but mourning the loss of my own celebration. I can see how you're mourning, too. (((hugs)))