Good thoughts for Thurday, please

F

flutterbee

I know this is early, but I figured getting some good thoughts sent out early couldn't hurt.

I go to the Cleveland Clinic on Thursday. I'm really nervous. I know that sounds silly. But, I've had no luck getting anywhere so far and I'm just afraid that they won't have any answers either. I don't even need definitive answers - just we think it's autoimmune or whatever and treat accordingly. Because if I don't get answers there, where else do I go? This is pretty much top of the food chain.

The good news is that I've started what seems to be another flare. So far, fairly mild. It's good news because the toradol worked so well that I was afraid I wasn't going to have any symptoms - or not enough - when I was there.

I've put together a patient report and it's 6 pages long. And I haven't added the medications, yet.

So, any good thoughts you could spare, I'd appreciate them.

TIA.

tiredmommy

I promise to keep up the good thoughts and bead rattling at least through Thursday. I hope you can get your answer, not knowing has to be almost as bad as the illness itself. {{{Hugs}}}

KTMom91

Fingers crossed and several rounds of chicken liver fog dancing going out in your direction!

I hope they have answers and solutions for you, Heather.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather I'll be praying hard, doing the chicken dance (good thing I don't have school that day), and sending all the good vibes and juju your way I can manage to muster.

But don't, I repeat, don't set all your hope on the Cleveland clinic. Nope, nope. been there done that and got burned bad. (as I've told you) Wound up finding our answers elsewhere because I refused to give up.

Remember they are just docs. Usually very very good docs. But just as human as all the rest.

I'm praying whoever sees you is able to think outside the box, and can add up the whole picture to look for the answers.

((hugs))

meowbunny

Okay, kiddo. I don't do the nekkid chicken dance for just anyone but I'll be doing one Thursday morning for ya.

Think of it this way, they were willing to go through a couple of small hoops to get you in to see them, so they'll probably be willing to actually listen to you. Here's hoping they have some answers.

M

ML

My step sister just got back from the Cleveland Clinic with answers for her young daughter and now for the first time she is thriving (she is 4 and has mitochondrial disease). I feel hopeful that you will find answers. Safe journey and positive thoughts xo ML

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I think you should go in there with the attitude that this is going to be it! They are going to help you, they are going to find the answer! Be as positive as you can.

I am honestly not one of those *The SEEEECRET* people. LOL but I do believe in the power of positive thinking. Especially when we are down and beat up and feel like this is our last option.

You can and will go in there and get some answers young lady!!! I know what you mean about the flareup, it would be nice for them to see you in action!

We will be praying, rattling, dancing for you!!!

trinityroyal

Good thoughts, prayers, bead-rattling and dancing, all coming your way.
Heather, I hope that the Cleavland Clinic can provide the answers you seek. If not, I agree with Lisa that your answers are out there somewhere.

Trinity

F

flutterbee

Thank you, all! I really appreciate it.

I'm not getting my hopes up. I've had them come crashing down one too many times.

witzend

Fingers crossed for you Heather. Be sure to re-edit to death the heck out of your patient report to be sure it is as concise as possible.

"January 2003, inflamation in right hip and knee, treated with cortizone shots. Results..."

They're too busy (and nerdy) for details.

Heather,

Prayers and good vibes are coming your way! There are some good docs there and you will get a very thorough evaluation. You are working so hard to have health and balance in your life, you are sure to find it.

Keep fighting the good fight.