Good thoughts tomorrow

everywoman

Jana returns to the dr. tomorrow. She is hoping to be able to unlock the brace and become weight bearing. Last week while at therapy, the therapist bent her leg too far and they both heard a pop and Jana has had a lot of pain since. I am afraid the ACL repair has popped and we will be facing surgery again. She is depressed and has been withdrawn and sullen since Friday. I really want her to be able to drive again and get back to a more "normal" life. She has been dependent on others for too long for her independent nature and is heading into depression.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OH, I so hope that didn't happen! She's been thru enough already!

Praying hard, sending good vibes and all the good juju I can muster up that she can bare weight on it.

I can empathize with the depression. Silly me thought a broken (let alone shattered) shoulder would heal pretty much like any other fracture.......OMG! It took more than a year to completely heal. But I was fortunate enough to get almost all the range of motion back.......which amazed the ortho.

Hugs

trinityroyal

Sending positive thoughts, and saying prayers that tomorrow's doctor visit brings good news for Jana.

She's a very strong young woman, to be able to weather the lack of independence that this injury has brought on her. I hope she doesn't have to endure it much longer.

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janna darlin'

It's yer Aunti Star. Listen kiddo - tomorrow when they take that flippin' brace off? You be sure to raise that leg JUST high enough to kick that doctor is the "three letter word for donkey" just to remind him that you are an independent BUTT kicking kid - and you need your freedom.

NOW GET TA KICKIN' GAL.......swing two three, shuflle ball change, KICK KICK......three four, shuffle ball change, KICK, KICK.......seven eight.

ROCK THE CHORUS LINE BABY!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sending lots of positive and healing thoughts to Janna!! I sure hope she doesn't have to endure another surgery and recovery. She needs to start livin' again.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Keeping good thoughts and saying prayers. I sure hope she doesn't have to face surgery again!

everywoman

Well, daddy gave princess Jana some money to go shopping. Her clothes are too tight. She has gained 5-10 pounds in two months from just laying around and no activity. So, I took her to the mall. I tried to talk to her about her depression---but she was tightlipped and wouldn't talk at all.
I know that she resents that her dream of dance and then her dream of the military were dashed. She has no idea what to do with her life now. She has very few friends left---she pulled away from them when they all started heavy partying and she wasn't into that stuff.
We've got a lot in place, but it will all take time. She is enrolled with WIA through our local unemployment office, but her dr. will not release her to work. She has applied for the local Veteran Affairs office for disability, but that will take a long time and probably a few appeals.
Hopefully Dr. will unlock the brace tomorrow which will allow her to drive. If she could get out and go when she wanted, she would be better than having to depend on others for rides.

Prayers are coming your way for good news for Jana. It's a real challenge to deal with physical limitations at such a young age. It's a bewildering time all on its own.

She will hook up with new friends and begin a new path. These things take time.

Hang in there.

Valerie