Good Thursday Morning/Afternoon

AppleCori

Well, got a new garage door put on today. It looks so fresh and white. Only thing left to do on the outside of the house is put some new white decorative rock out, which I would like to do this spring. It is raining now, and probably will be raining this weekend, so not any time soon.

Been home all morning, but going out this afternoon for daughter's foreign language class, then a few errands.

Still haven't decided what to do for supper. Got a few simple things in mind. Spaghetti or nachos or enchiladas.

Another activity this evening.

Anyone else?

Apple

Scent of Cedar *

Thank you for beginning the Morning Thread for us, Apple Cori. I hope all is well with pigless in Virginia. Sounds like the Apple Cori family are having a good and productive day.

Woot!

Here is my mysterious day: I am learning, via YouTube, how to fix a leaky faucet in my shower. I will need to get replacement parts (but at least I know now what they are). Once I have the "ProValue Pack of assorted flat washers" ~ and "O rings" and a "stem valve remover", I will be ready. And "packing". All these items are readily available, so the YouTube person says, at any hardware store.

Who knew?

I will be repairing the faucets soon, and will post here when repairs have been completed. Well, or whether we will need to hire a plumber after all.

If this works? I have a kitchen faucet to repair, as well.

So, that is my morning so far. Just a little more work to put the house in order after the long winter away, and then, we can start on the gardens. It sounds so dull to write about these mundane things, but it's been fun putting everything into order again.

Just for the record? Yay no woodticks, yet.

Wishing everyone a good, good day.

Cedar

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
I'm just finishing up my lunch at work. I'm swamped!! I work in accounting and tomorrow is month end. I will be here late tonight and even later tomorrow night.

What's for dinner??? Whatever my husband will go fetch after I get home.

I have to chuckle at the new garage door, be careful. We put in a new garage door last year and that led to the house getting painted, a new front door and then new windows. Funny how one little thing can morph into something bigger.

EnJoy the day!!

:flowers:

Tanya M

Staff member
Here is my mysterious day: I am learning, via YouTube, how to fix a leaky faucet in my shower. I will need to get replacement parts (but at least I know now what they are). Once I have the "ProValue Pack of assorted flat washers" ~ and "O rings" and a "stem valve remover", I will be ready. And "packing". All these items are readily available, so the YouTube person says, at any hardware store.

Love YouTube! I fixed my washer using it.

You Rock Cedar
:bravo:

AppleCori

Hey, Tanya,

I love it when I have a good excuse not to cook! Working overtime is definitely a good one!

We did ours the opposite from you--got siding, gutters, and new-construction windows and a slider first, and of course, you can't put the old lighting up against the new siding, and since the shutters had to be taken down, they must be freshly painted, and of course then the door has to be painted to match (and it needs to be a different color, since hubby's X picked out the last color) and I had to get rid of all the excess shrubbery so that we have a clean, neat look. Only then, did we get the garage door.

But the inside of the house is looking like it could use some work!

Last edited:

KTMom91

The plan for this afternoon - clean out the shoe holders.

I was most irritated this morning when I couldn't find two shoes that matched in the scattered pile on the floor. We have two - that's two - of those wooden cube shoe holders. I go over and look, and see that Hubby has all the little cubbies filled with things like flashlights, magazines, an arm sling...I pull out a pair of Hubby's shoes that he hasn't worn in forever, and see that he has duct taped the tops. Into the trash they go.

I've been to the store for bread and the most delicious pistachio muffins, gotten some iced tea, and am watching a recording of Dr. Phil and petting one of the panther boys before heading in to conquer the shoe holders.

Tanya M

Staff member
see that Hubby has all the little cubbies filled with things like flashlights, magazines, an arm sling...I pull out a pair of Hubby's shoes that he hasn't worn in forever, and see that he has duct taped the tops.
This is so something my husband would do. I'm very organized and he's, well, NOT!!
It keeps things interesting.

What I would like to see:

What I actually see:
a-place-for-everything-and-everything-in-its-place-andrew-armstrong.jpg

Tanya M

Staff member
@InsaneCdn , it's when he comes and asks me to "help" him find something. I always bite my tongue and help him. Early in our marriage it really used to bug me, but I learned you have to pick your battles. At the age we are, I'm just grateful for every day I have him. :inlove:

PonyGirl65

Oh, and it's spaghetti for dinner at our household this evening. The Culver's in the neighboring town held a benefit for my work today ~ they will donate 10% of today's proceeds to our little non-profit agency. So....I drove down and had lunch there! YEP! I donated to myself.....:bigsmile:

pigless in VA

Oh, we're fine. I just ran out of time this morning. Good job on the plumbing, Cedar. I'm lucky if I can just find a plumber to call much less fix anything myself.

Scent of Cedar *

Way to go, Cedar!

You do your own plumbing! Who knew?

Are you up north, now?

Well, we will know soon how I am at plumbing things. Tanya, you fixed your washing machine?!?

We are back in Wisconsin now, Apple. We arrived Sunday night. Very cold here to us. Last night, I was trying to sleep right next to my D H. That is how cold I was. This morning? I realized that wasn't my D H after all. It was the dog. He was right between the two of us.

My D H put him there.

For heaven's sake.

Cedar

Tanya M

Staff member
Tanya, you fixed your washing machine?!?
Yes, I did. It stopped agitating so I called the repair man and he told me that it would be $75.00 just to come look at it and then whatever else on top of that, so I decided to Google "washing machine stopped agitating" and I found a YouTube video. It was a very simple part called a dog ear that I ordered online for $3.00. My husband was shocked that I fixed it.
:holymoly:

Lil

Well good Thursday night everyone. I had an eventful afternoon as it turned out, left work spur-of-the moment to get my dog to the veterinary ophthalmologist. He is blind, and his eye condition can cause lots of problems. $400 and 4 hours later I called my boss and let her know I wasn't going to make it back to the office.

Instead Jabber and I joined her and many others at the local Irish pub and had a very nice evening of food and hard cider. Now we're home with our pups. The boy has gone to a friends for beer and guy stuff, I guess. Not my business.

Settling in for a quiet night.

pasajes4

I love this thread. My day was spent talking to various companies about doing the repairs to the exterior of the house. My interior guys were able to be back on the job in the afternoon. My remodel started with a paint sample.

AppleCori

I love this thread. My day was spent talking to various companies about doing the repairs to the exterior of the house. My interior guys were able to be back on the job in the afternoon. My remodel started with a paint sample.

So, Pasa, do tell....

Paint sample?

Interior or exterior?

What colors/color spectrum are you choosing from?

Are you having exterior work done, other than roofing?

Apple

AppleCori

Wow, Tanya, we will be calling you for washing machine repair advice!

I just got a new set a couple of months ago.

I had been using the old ones that hubby owned when I moved in, and finally they both got into such bad shape that I could justify a SET! I have waited several years to get to this point.

Of course, I had an older set when I moved here with hubby, but I gave it to his X because she kept coming over to his house to do laundry when hers broke down and said she couldn't afford a new one. So I gave her my old set so she could do laundry at her own house. But guess what--she gave my old set to her boyfriend and bought herself a brand new set! Didn't even put it in her house at all!

Speaking of paint...

I told hubby I was gonna paint her 'antique' dresser (that is still in my basement) with pink and purple polka dots, but OF COURSE I never did that! It has been sitting here for years, waiting for the youngest to take it when he moves into his own place, but now that he is getting an apartment this fall for college, he isn't taking it!

Free storage, I guess.